I think my German Lufia game on emulator is broken

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shade-Duelist
Knight

I think my German Lufia game on emulator is broken

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:28 am

...I'm in the volcano near Chaed (Chadda in the German version).

Let me repeat that: I'm in the volcano near Chaed. :shock:

Okay, it is the New Game +/Again mode (Nochmal in German)... and okay, I did do a bit of grinding pre-Gordovan to make sure I got the Gades Blade, but come on! I have no business being near level 99 already!! Even Artea's level is obscenely high for this point of the game!

EDIT: and after the Fire Dragon, it gets to this point...

I don't remember my cartridge game having this kind of levels even during the second run. Then again, I never level-grinded on cartridge. My brother wouldn't allow it. Impatient git. :roll:
Strongest Duelist in the world! *cue music*

The second thing I'm best at is writing! Hah, check it out!

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: I think my German Lufia game on emulator is broken

Postby vivify93 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:37 pm

It's on Retry mode? No, this is entirely normal, then. You never need to grind in Retry, ever.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Re: I think my German Lufia game on emulator is broken

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:17 pm

vivify93 wrote:It's on Retry mode? No, this is entirely normal, then. You never need to grind in Retry, ever.

Ah yes, Retry mode, of course. Thx for the reminder, I couldn't think of what it was called anymore.

And I only grinded a little (maybe 5 or 10 levels) near Gordovan to make absolutely certain Gades was minced meat. He died... surprisingly easy. I think the first time I noticed I might have overdone it was when Dekar joined my party and he was 10 or even 15 levels below the rest. Ah well. :roll:

But glad to hear that it's not uncommon! By the way, I'm now in Gratze (Germans will know it as Taru, das Militarisches Königreich) and Artea is, by now, level 94. Welp. Those Sinistrals don't stand a chance in, well, hell. (In the German version, the Sinistrals are actually called 'Höllenfürsten' or 'Rulers of Hell' throughout the game. Or, in the case of Daos...

... 'Daos, Master of Terror and Lord of Misery, the ruler of the rulers of Hell'. After which he destroys the city where I celebrated my ninety-ninth level. Damn you, Daos!! :evil:
Strongest Duelist in the world! *cue music*

The second thing I'm best at is writing! Hah, check it out!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”