Lufia II: "Made in Mexico" / "Made in Japan"?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

J..
Red Jelly

Lufia II: "Made in Mexico" / "Made in Japan"?

Postby J.. » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:17 am

Hi everyone,

You might have already found out that two different versions of Lufia II (for US SNES) can be found on the Net :
- one mentioning "Made in Mexico" on the back of the box and on the front of the cartridge
- one mentioning "Made in Japan" on the back of the box and on the front of the cartridge

I'm pretty sure "Made in Mexico" copies are ok because my copy of the game, bought in the 90's, is a "Made in Mexico" one.

But what about "Made in Japan" copies? Are they legit as well? Did some of you buy one in the 90's?

And if so, do you know if there are any differences (in the game itself or in the packaging) between both versions?

Thanks in advance for sharing knowledge.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Lufia II: "Made in Mexico" / "Made in Japan"?

Postby SinReVi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 pm

I have 4 NA boxes and all of them have "made in Mexico", and the same goes for the 3 NA cartridges I own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting ... mment_list

Going by this link, the "made in japan" copies were first prints, and the "made in mexico" were later prints.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

J..
Red Jelly

Re: Lufia II: "Made in Mexico" / "Made in Japan"?

Postby J.. » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:56 am

Thanks for your answer, SinReVi.
I had already visited the link you mention but people there seemed to guess rather than really be sure. So I wanted to have a confirmation, that's why I came here to ask. Nobody here bought a "Made in Japan" copy of the game in the 90's?
Besides, does anybody know if there are any difference between the Made in Japan and the Made in Mexico versions?

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”