What would you add to Lufia II (SNES)?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

J..
Red Jelly

What would you add to Lufia II (SNES)?

Postby J.. » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 pm

I think we all agree here to say Lufia II is an incredibly good RPG (the best I've ever played as far as I'm concerned).
However, do you see little things that could be added/improved?

I would mention :

- an in-game world map (unless there's one and I never found it?). As soon as you get the ship, it would be really useful to have one and more convenient than having to use the paper map given with the manual.

- in addition to normal saves, memo saves, like those you find in Breath of Fire GBA for instance. When you "memo save", the game goes back to title screen. The game remains "memo saved" even if you turn the console off but as soon as you load this memo save, it is deleted. If the same was available in Lufia II, it would be possible to play the Ancient Cave in short sessions without making it easier, as players could not go back to their memo save if they happened to die in the cave.

Do you agree with this and what else would you add/change?
Thanks to Neverland for Lufia II

Balzak
Villager

Re: What would you add to Lufia II (SNES)?

Postby Balzak » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:40 am

Oh man, I was coincidentally talking to some friends about what I would add to expanded Lufia 1 & 2 remasters in the same vein as the GBA/PSP Final Fantasy ports with all the added stuff.

For Lufia 2, I would
  • Restore the Doom Island map that is in the beta rom, including the Doom Island Shrine with the old man.
  • Have a side-quest involving said old man that required you to run around the world, fight some new optional bosses, etc
  • The end of said quest would reveal that the old man in the shrine is Arek, and you get to fight him if you wish.
  • Expand the Ancient Cave down to 200 floors, with a new superboss at the bottom.
  • Have the Retry Mode feature the new expanded story stuff from New Game + in Curse, with Iris' stuff and the revised ending.
  • Everything from the Frue Lufia patch.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: What would you add to Lufia II (SNES)?

Postby SinReVi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Add finished versions of the underwater dungeons that were in the proto version. Also add a finished version of the Capsule Monster Arena that was planned in the proto.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”