Hmm Arek the almighty?... who's that?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:40 am

I know someone mentioned leaving this topic alone... but I just have to share my thoughts on this.

Arek, in my eyes, is simply the God of the Sinistrals. Yes, he is a Sinistral, but probably a load stronger than all the others. However, Daos names himself Ruler of the Sinistrals... so theres the problem

During the intro, Arek asks who should rule; "us" or "them". Erim says "Us of course!!". Meaning "Us" can be considered to be the Sinistrals. Them could mean humans, or anything below Sinistrals. The thing here is, the sinistrals are not all evil. Arek was able to decide who would arrive; the good or the bad (Daos says "It was all so decided by Arek the Absolute").

Now... I'm going to theorize a bit here. Dual Blade started singing, literally meaning that there was a person born, capable of wielding a divine power such as the Dual Blade. I can only guess that Arek either created, or guarded the dual blade until the time was right. I'm guessing he decided on something called "let fate decide". but if he had summoned "Good" sinistrals, they'd probably hand dual blade to the humans instantly, meaning they would just be granted power without knowing how to wield it (which spells out major trouble for the world, look at Gratze).

I believe Dual Blade is the key item to decide which should rule the planet for years to come; good or bad. Had Maxim lost, Dual Blade would fall into the hands of evil, which would rule the world. At least, until the next person worthy of having the dual blade sing would appear.

I could theorize even more, but lets sum up what we know;

- Arek created the dual blade, or was at least in possession of it, but he didn't use it. That would mean he is neither evil nor good, but neutral. This is again confirmed by his not-stepping-in to destroy maxim or daos when they were at a weakened state.

- Arek decided that evil would come to the world, knowing they would want to kill the human capable of making dual blade sing. This would pit them against eachother, again having it be a battle of evil vs good (or lesser evil if the person had been a bad one)

- Erim, the Mistress of Death, calls Arek her Lord. Now I dont know about you guys, but I think to be able to talk and command Death requires some divine power. Even Daos listened to Arek (speculation but logical to assume), meaning Arek is of a power far beyond that of the sinistrals as we know them (already considered gods)

To put it simple; I believe Arek is the God of the world of Lufia. Daos himself states "it was decided" meaning that some good sinistrals probably exist as well. His power, neutrality, and absentness simply have me believe he is God. point.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Yeah, that are some good points.

In the Japanese version Arek and the Sinistrals are clearly gods and the Sinistrals are labeled "Four insane gods". So Arek can definitely not be one of the four insane gods and it makes sense that Daos claims to be the highest Sinistral.

In fact, there are a lot of gods in the Lufia world:

Arek is high likely the highest god of the entire Lufia world. I also think he might be the creator of the world.

The Sinistrals are also gods. They stand under Arek and represent evil. Especially later on a lot of people ask why there don't appear other gods as well who represent good. So does Maxim while confronting Daos at the end.

Zalbak is also an evil god. The strongest evil god that Daos could summon IIRC.

Iris (not Erim but the Ancient Cave one) is also a goddess. I would say she is a neutral one, but she might also be one of the good ones, everybody in RotS misses so much.

The Master of the Ancient Cave also said in TLR that he's a god. He might be also neutral.

The Egg Dragon is high likely a neutral god as well. Though he never mentions something like this, it's hinted because in TLR he also has a Spiritual Force move in battle. He doesn't seem to care much what happens on the world, so I'd say he's neutral.

And there are mentioned good gods who sealed the divine armaments long time ago. We don't know much about them - only that the differ from the Sinistrals. It would be really interesting to know why they left, maybe because of Arek's order?

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if the Sinistrals themselves (the bad ones) sealed their own evil versions of divine armaments should there ever be a human born evil enough to make dual blade sing.

Also, I wouldnt go as far as to say Erim is an evil god. I think she is neutral as well, but had to assist the evil sinistrals on Arek's orders. Afterall, Arek doesnt even TELLS her to go, he actually asks her.

Gades would have killed off everyone, but Erim (as Iris I admit) saved them. She could have easily destroyed maxim when he didn't have the Dual Blade yet, but she didn't. This puts her on a different level than Gades, Amon, and Daos (though I wonder why Amon let maxim and the others live before he went to Agurio...)

I wouldnt be sure about the Dragon and the Ancient Master. They might be gods for human standards, but if the sinistrals were about to destroy the world, I think they might have interfered if they were truly gods. Then again, a lot of the "god" area doesnt make sense since after their defeat the sinistrals still are willing to destroy the entire world (something I doubt Arek would like to see happening).

I would just like a final Lufia game to take place that explains everything (in a proper way).

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:45 pm

i like reading all the theories on what Arek and the Sinistrals are. i find it very interesting.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:51 am

I thought he was a cow when I first saw him.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Oh really? I thought he was an empty suit of armor which turned out to be Michael Jackson.

THRILLER!!!

*edit*
Scratch that, he's on the Genesis.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:36 am

I thought he was a cow when I first saw him.

haha mooooo ....we or humans.....moooo
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:33 pm

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Oh really? I thought he was an empty suit of armor which turned out to be Michael Jackson.

THRILLER!!!

*edit*
Scratch that, he's on the Genesis.

You know when you try to find the best in people but can't? You are one of those people. Despite all my effort- no logic. Every comment you've made has been so immature that it's mind blowing that you know how to type.

I would just like to state that this topic has been one of the most interesting read and that I find Volts theory really well played.
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:27 am

I do agree with Arek being the god of the Sinistrals. He is the absolute after all. It would be nice to see the series continue to expand that theory either in a sequel or prequel. I am in no position to say that however, a revival of the series would turn out to be something.

TheBradshaw wrote:You know when you try to find the best in people but can't? You are one of those people. Despite all my effort- no logic. Every comment you've made has been so immature that it's mind blowing that you know how to type.

Okay... You should've learned by now not to take anything I say seriously unless I say I am serious. Why do you think I am requesting my project pages to be locked and deleted? At least I can learn from my mistakes. Not everyone is mature like you nor gifted with nirvana. I am a fool yes, but I am still young and still growing. Besides, I was only joking to SinReVi's post (lol a cow, I don't want to ask what was going on in her mind).

Before we get into personal flame wars shall we agree one thing? Arek is undoubtedly the sun of the unknown Estopolis history. He is the so called "god" of the world. If the title "absolute" was nothing more than a hint of his being then there is an immense detail behind his power.

If God created Satan, the enemy of mankind, does that mean God is the ultimate Evil? And if God is the ultimate good then how can he be good and evil. Replace the God with Arek and Satan with Sinistrals. That and along with the four Sinistrals being based off from the four horsemen from the book of revelation, hidden within Lufia is an eternal biblical conflict.

I really can't say nor detail any more biblical references for I do not know the original Japanese translation or version. The biblical references I learned from researching the game (as we all know Wikipedia lies but it was worth the look). We will not get into a Christianity vs Atheism argument. I believe that even in Lufia I there was an idea about the power of man's hope versus the power of gods (if they truly are gods).
---DarkMaster2101

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:05 pm

I think it's more of a "compared to humans, we are gods" thing. I dont doubt that Arek is the most powerfull being in the Lufia world. I think that for human understanding, the Sinistrals are Gods too. But compared to Arek, I'd say they probably arent as powerful. I mean, Arek says "you four can go because I say so" and sends the four most badass Lufia villains known to mankind on their asses. I'd say he outpowers them.

The Bradshaw, Mastermind was joking. Even I saw that. Dont take him seriously.

Mastermind, if you use age as a reason to explain immature behaviour knowing full well it's not the right way to behave, then you'll always be looking for excuses for anything you ever do

thats my 2 cents on those matters. Lets keep this about Arek and the others, ok?

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Well, if you think about it. Remember the Greek gods of mythology? Back then because they were so strong humans believed them to be gods. Now days when we actually try to disprove their mythology we just call them super strong and super smart people who were just arrogant butt heads creating their own logic.

As for Erim, I know I should post this somewhere else. I did but I forgot where. I can make her neutrality clear to all of us.

Death is inevitable. Death befalls all of us. Death is evenly sad for those pure of heart and engulfed in rage.

I know Erim deep inside would still always follow Areks orders regardless of what form she is currently in. After all he is the only being stronger than any descendant of Maxim, at least for now.
---DarkMaster2101

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 pm

As for Erim, I know I should post this somewhere else. I did but I forgot where. I can make her neutrality clear to all of us

hehe..... in a thread on gamefaqs which mysteriously vanished *cough* I already did such a thing... she's neutral. But to be honest, Daos, Gades, and Amon are also neutral. They just represend the negative side of nature, this doesn't make them evil. For death, there needs to be Life. For Destruction, there has to be Creation. For Terror, there would have to be Courage, for Chaos, there would have to be Order (at some point).

Years before Lufia 2.... who says the other sinistrals, the good ones, didnt create the world as Lufia 2 knows it to be?

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:24 pm

they really could and should make another Lufia and that one should explain everything. even though Volt's (and others) theories are very logical.

makes you wonder if these were the actual ideas the creators wanted us to think.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:11 am

I'm pretty sure that they, like the creators of most RPG's (FF7 jenova theory, FF8 Ultimecia theory come to mind) they just wrote down the story, had all the fans explain the theories, and then went "Uhm, oh yeah that works for us! Yeah thats what happened!"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:25 am

i don't know much about the FF theories (never got into that series for some reason).

but that would be funny if what you say is true.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”