Hmm Arek the almighty?... who's that?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed May 20, 2009 4:28 pm

there are few things i agree with and disagree with in your post, however i'm to lazy to say as to what. lol

though i will say this about why the Sinistrals might need the Dual Blade...

if there's anything the Sinistrals don't fully understand its Love... and it seems that Love is something the Sinistrals can't seem to beat. so i'm guessing that the Sinistrals need the Dual Blade in order to destroy that power.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Also, you may want to read the Book of Revelation. I understood that the four Sinistrals were based off the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Perhaps for Arek's role he may be either the salvation or the wrath of God. There isn't too much details to go back on and make a proper theory.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

HegemonKhan
Red Jelly

Postby HegemonKhan » Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

well, i'm strongly leaning towards this:

*of course this is completely my own desired speculation*

i think Arek and Erim are in love. Arek the Absolute is "King" of the sinistrals or is "god", this would make Erim his "Queen" or a "goddess". Arek and Erim both show thought or contemplation of things, which suggest good/positive emotions and feelings. compared to the 3 other sinistrals (gades, amon, daos) who only have destruction and domination (world conquest or rule) on their minds.

Arek and Erim have a child, Maxim. this explains Maxim's superhuman power and why Erim DOES seem to care about and love Maxim ("checking up" on him, helping him, and saving him many times).

i don't wanna delve into the other humans/elf (guy, selan, dekar, tia, artea, lexis) with superhuman powers as to how they came to be...it could get nasty...like what if maxim and selan are actually siblings...brother and sister...or .... guy/dekar is the child of gades...and some poor woman....etc etc...too messy....so i'ma just stay with Maxim being the child of Arek and Erim as this "could" be a possibility considering the relationship and connection among Arek<->Erim<->Maxim.

i also feel that these special humans (maxim, selan, guy, artea) with superhuman powers are the "good sinistrals" to counter the 4 "bad sinistrals" (Erim, gades, amon, daos).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is there any actual evidence (text/dialogue/scenes) in the actual game that explain any of the characters (maxim, selan, guy, dekar, tia, lexis) of how/who/where they are and/or came from, who their parents are, and why they have superhuman powers???

who is maxim? who are his parents? how is he so powerful? why is he so powerful?

same for the rest of the characters. even tia IS POWERFUL (not physical duh, but she does have strong magical powers) and she travels with maxim and crew taking on the sinistrals (well gades) and monsters as well as the rest of them.

selan if i remember right has some information.... she is raised by that woman-nanny-aunt type person, though i can't remember if the game ever tells who her parents are.

artea has some info too, maybe the most of the characters (though it's been so long, i completely forgot all the stuff about artea)

not sure about anyone else... don't think you learn anything about guy/dekar/tia/lexis at all. err wait...does guy have a sister? and is the old woman a relative of his or not?

another problem i just realized:

why haven't the sinistrals already destroyed all the humans and rule/have the world for themselves?

maybe it's like mortal kombat in a way...

the sinistrals can't enter the world of the humans (like shao khan and his armies in darkworld) until the "tournament has begun" (dual blade resonates) and compete for control of the world of the humans.

maybe the rules aren't quite like mortal combat, but there definately seem/must be rules in lufia 2, that prevent the sinistrals from already have just wiped out the humans and have the world for themselves.
Last edited by HegemonKhan on Wed May 20, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:26 pm

*bump*

Well, I'm sure this belongs somewhere else, but this topic will do.

---DarkMaster2101

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 pm

is there any actual evidence (text/dialogue/scenes) in the actual game that explain any of the characters (maxim, selan, guy, dekar, tia, lexis) of how/who/where they are and/or came from, who their parents are, and why they have superhuman powers???

who is maxim? who are his parents? how is he so powerful? why is he so powerful?

Some things are better left unexplained. I am not in the least bit curious about their parents. The only thing I am curious about is the whole "If maxim died in the tower fighting Gades, there would have been peace". That just made no sense to me whatsoever.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 am

"If maxim died in the tower fighting Gades, there would have been peace".

That clearly sounds like a threat. Lets think of what we learned from now and apply it to back then. If Maxim were to die in that tower, then the Sinistrals would have no opposing force to rule the world. Sure, Gades may have been destroyed, but Amon, Daos, and Erim still existed. If Erim was still alive, then Gades would've been resurrected anyways.

Maxim's lineage is important, though I doubt he would be a son of a god...

Unless...

Then again, the DaVinci code doesn't apply to fictional worlds.

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:28 pm

I think this has something to do with the Dual Blade. If Maxim had died in the tower, the Dual Blade would have stopped resonating.

Therefore, the Sinistrals would not only not have an opposing force, but they might also lack the motivation to continue their actions. Without someone being able to make Dual Blade resonating the Sinistrals might just return to wherever they came from because without an enemy the question who would win is already answered.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:07 pm

To bad these questions still remained unanswered. Even with 3+ generations.

Ruins Chasers may have answered these questions, but I'm not speculating dead games.
---DarkMaster2101

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Obviously, Arek is a crocodile!

UH.... no forget that, that picture is actually nonsense =P
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:04 pm

My translation of Arek is a bit off... But I'm sure the details are worth it.
---DarkMaster2101

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Double Post, screw you.

And yes, I think I saw the Arek as a crock a few pages back.

How many of you believe you can become a sinistral? If you know you can act and think like a sinistral, that may lead to a good clue about Arek's history.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:01 pm

they should just make a game about how the Sinistrals came about, along with the Dual Blade.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”