Under-rated?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chris
Forum Admin

Under-rated?

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:23 pm

Does anybody else think that Ruins of Lore was a great game - but was just under-rated because of how brilliant Lufia 2 was? Do you think people crushed it because they didn't want the Sinistrals going out?

It's just that a lot of Lufia fans were upset with the game, while reviewers new to Lufia seemed to enjoy it, giving it pretty high scores!

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:17 pm

Hey... I was the same way with Lufia TLR. I was a Lufia newbie then and I liked the game. The vets didn't seem to like it too much, though.

Shocker
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Shocker » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:06 am

I personally found the GBA Lufia game to be a bit of a hassle, I dunno, something about the game didnt really click for me and playing it almost became a chore.
The GBC game was was pretty good, obviously the graphics aren't what brings people to it, the random dungeon generation was nice, the enormous amount of characters was a bit much, having to change them around and stuff but it was a minor hassle and not much of a problem...
Yes I am a Lufia veteran and so I look down upon everything that isn't Lufia 2 :twisted:

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:35 pm

Shocker wrote:I personally found the GBA Lufia game to be a bit of a hassle, I dunno, something about the game didnt really click for me and playing it almost became a chore.
The GBC game was was pretty good, obviously the graphics aren't what brings people to it, the random dungeon generation was nice, the enormous amount of characters was a bit much, having to change them around and stuff but it was a minor hassle and not much of a problem...
Yes I am a Lufia veteran and so I look down upon everything that isn't Lufia 2 :twisted:
Heh heh - I agree with you that some parts got a little tiresome - maybe the large amount of dungeons you had to go through! :P

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:21 am

Large amount of dungeons....Phew. That's a good way for training but it can get very annoying where you go in one every second
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:50 am

I would've liked them to keep the traditional world map.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:51 pm

It was ok, kind of liked that whole Zelda like map thing, except they should keep it constant. What I mean by that is when you have already been somewhere you could instantly go there. I miss some of the random battles on the world map as well.

I also think they could have done better with some of the classes, and I defnintly think they could have done better with the monsters.

Also seems to me most of those boss fights or whatever you want to call them, was a monster you could eventually catch or train.

These are just some of my complaints, although they do have a lot of promising stuff if they only worked on it a little better. For one, the experince cut, though I can understand it, was a little tramadic.
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:59 pm

Well, it was still an enjoyable RPG - and one I'm proud to own!

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:54 pm

Chris wrote:Well, it was still an enjoyable RPG - and one I'm proud to own!

I enjoyed it as well, but thanks to the somwhat mediecore battle system, as a Lufia fan it was a must buy ^_^

(Actually I just beat it this morning, and the ending had more story than the entire game itself I thought... What ever happened to his father anyway?)
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:38 pm

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary wrote:Hey... I was the same way with Lufia TLR. I was a Lufia newbie then and I liked the game. The vets didn't seem to like it too much, though.

I've got to agree, Lufia 3 was/maybe is the best game I've ever played. (Compared to Legend of Dragoon, close second, and Sword of Mana)

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:08 pm

I like all the Lufia games... but the best of the series is Lufia II. It will be hard for any sequel to be that good again.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:04 pm

the problem of Lufia RoL is not the story, but Ragule! He only appears 2 times in the game
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:10 pm

A lot of Lufia fans miss the Sinistrals too.

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:26 pm

It was a good game, but it should not be called Lufia.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:41 pm

If they didn't call it Lufia then we wouldn't have played it!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”