Lufia 2 ROTS boss help

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Greeble
Red Jelly

Lufia 2 ROTS boss help

Postby Greeble » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:53 pm

I can't beat the spider boss guarding the ruby apple. Maybe I am doing something wrong i dont know but i just cant beat him. Its very frustrating to be stuck here lol. Ive leveled everyone (Maxim, Tia, and Guy) up to LV 22 and ive gotten the fire capsule monster up to class 3 LV 21. Any suggestions on how to beat the arachnid? should i just continue wandering around slaying goblins with ease over and over again to proceed to lvl up? are there certain items i need in order to be victorious? i have tia equipped with the aqua whip and both guy and maxim have the kukiri...everyone has strongest armor and maxim has the horse rock which i use for his ip with the frenzy attack. if anyone could help me with this id be very grateful i first got to the spider boss with all around lvl 17 or 16 and have been slowly leveling up. should i also try to get the fire capsule monster to class 4? im sooooooooo frustrated lol. anyways thanks for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated. btw im new to these forums ive had to come looking for help because i just cant seem to kill the spider. thanks again
-Greeble

Greeble
Red Jelly

Postby Greeble » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:37 am

ok i finally beat him i had to get everyone to LV29 to finally pull it off and the discovery that spark would do over 100 dmg helped TREMENDOUSLY anyways just wanted to let everyone know so they wouldnt have to bother trying to help
-Greeble

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:17 am

The King Spider is considered one of the hardest bosses in the game, right behind battling Idura the first time (with only Maxim and Selan).

But... level 29? o_O My characters were around level 18 when I beat him on my second run-through.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:48 am

King Spider & Idura (Maxim & Selan) are easy! I beat them in a flash on a normal game.

For the King Spider, equip one of your characters (probally Maxim) w/ the Insect Crush. This will make the battle so much easier.

For the Idura, be sure to heal w/ Selan, and attack the monsters w/ Maxim, then hit Idura. If you've collected most/all of the magic spells up to this point, you could also have Selan attack Idura and/or other monsters after having your party healed.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:19 pm

I always use drowsy at Idura,last time he sleeped almost the whole battle!
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Mehmet Ozkan
Villager

Postby Mehmet Ozkan » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:47 pm

Spider easy and powerfull use only Fire attacks to him. And the Cure fo your partners.
Maxim.

[center]Image
Name: Steel King
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/center]

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:17 am

They are both easy if you have the skills, I don't have much, had to get the group to level 25 but, HEY! As for Idura.....to easy, it's his companions that get to ya.

devonm042690
Knight

Re: Lufia 2 ROTS boss help

Postby devonm042690 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:13 pm

[quote="Greeble"]I can't beat the spider boss guarding the ruby apple. Maybe I am doing something wrong i dont know but i just cant beat him. Its very frustrating to be stuck here lol. Ive leveled everyone (Maxim, Tia, and Guy) up to LV 22 and ive gotten the fire capsule monster up to class 3 LV 21. Any suggestions on how to beat the arachnid? should i just continue wandering around slaying goblins with ease over and over again to proceed to lvl up? are there certain items i need in order to be victorious? i have tia equipped with the aqua whip and both guy and maxim have the kukiri...everyone has strongest armor and maxim has the horse rock which i use for his ip with the frenzy attack. if anyone could help me with this id be very grateful i first got to the spider boss with all around lvl 17 or 16 and have been slowly leveling up. should i also try to get the fire capsule monster to class 4? im sooooooooo frustrated lol. anyways thanks for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated. btw im new to these forums ive had to come looking for help because i just cant seem to kill the spider. thanks again[/quote]

Ok, I have some advice for you. When you went after Camu in the tower near Tanbel, did you see the treasure chests behind Camu? Go back up there & open them. They contain the Fire Dagger (give to Maxim), Camu Armor (give to Guy), & the Pearl Bracelet (Give to Tia). Fire Dagger IP does 3* normal damage, & even more to enemies weak against fire. The Camu Armor IP restores the HP of your entire group by 25% of the max HP of the person wearing it. The Pearl Bracelet increases the intelligence of the person wearing it. I hope that equipment helps you. Also, one last bit of information. When the spider is almost defeated, it starts casting the spell "Stronger", which restores 180 of it's HP. This really sucks because you can't buy "Stronger" until the first port town, & at this point, you have a long way to go to get there. Anyway, good luck.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:50 pm

The last post was from 2004

Greeble wrote:ok i finally beat him i had to get everyone to LV29 to finally pull it off and the discovery that spark would do over 100 dmg helped TREMENDOUSLY anyways just wanted to let everyone know so they wouldnt have to bother trying to help

And he already beat the Tarantula...

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:06 am

This is why most forums cut the topics if they're around longer than a certain amount of time, say 30 days... :)

Ant
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:56 pm

Once again...

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ****ING DATE BEFORE POSTING!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”