lufia 4`s name.(spoilerish)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rougeredmage
Soldier

lufia 4`s name.(spoilerish)

Postby rougeredmage » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:55 pm

i am not saying that Lufia for a series of games is not a very nice one. however as far as i can see Lufia: the ruins of Lore, does not have either the sinistrels or the original heroin herself in. i could understand the use of the name been streched for lufia 2 and 3 as they actualy involved the sinistrels. and thus the titles where reflecting who erim could be. however i may be wrong i have not yet completed the ruins of lore. however i have seen no trace of any camo aperences by erim, and thus it shouldnt realy be called lufia should it?however i do see the companys problem in finding a decent name for the series. ok well i have mumbled for a bit now i will be quiet.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:34 pm

You're right - Ruins of Lore is a side story, so there are no Sinistrals.

I quite like 'Lufia' as a name for the series.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:50 pm

Ruins of Lore ~ Side Story... and not a very good one in my opinion. They could had done so much more with it.
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:04 pm

Still... an extra Lufia game is better than not having an extra Lufia game, right?

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:38 pm

I still like fighting the sinistrals in the games though - that's a shame they are not in it!
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:52 pm

Amon should make more appearrances
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:20 am

Phil wrote:I still like fighting the sinistrals in the games though - that's a shame they are not in it!

well spoken

Chris
Forum Admin

Amon!

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:02 am

Sinrevi wrote:Amon should make more appearrances

Yeah, it always seems to be Gades, Erim, and Daos that get the most attention in the first three games.

rougeredmage
Soldier

Postby rougeredmage » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:29 pm

well just to slip off topic for a few sentances. i personaly feel that amon is the black sheep of the sinistrels. as he seems to be almost an outsider, and to be fair i dont think we realy have seen the true abilites of the master of chaos by a long way. while gades in a way is a running joke, it seems ironic to me that the sinistrel of destruction is the weaknest.
however we are lucky to have seen as much of amon as we have and we know alot more about him then say arek the absolute. the situation been with arek being that the only way to talk about him is through speculation.

however i do belive that lufia is a good name for the series even though its not enitrely acurate. the name has allways seems in a way very peacefull and somehow allways seems to go well juxtaimposed against the violence of the game. however with. ROL they sailed very close to the wind. and i belive streched the games storyline as far as the could from the original souce without it seeming disjoineted or from a different source.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:28 pm

Well said!

In a way Lufia is connected with 3 of the games... (i.e. Erim).

rougeredmage
Soldier

Postby rougeredmage » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:46 pm

well that was the point of my original post. i am, glad that someone gets it. perhaps why some people dont like the game as much as the others is that they where disapinted not to be pitched in an epic battle against the sinistrels. inthe context of continuity i am actualy glad they didnt as it would have underminded some of the foundation of the third in the series: TLR.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:37 pm

The Sinistrals are the ultimate Lufia bad guys... perhaps the developers thought if they used them in every Lufia game they would get 'worn out', and people wouldn't think so highly of them.

rougeredmage
Soldier

Postby rougeredmage » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:44 pm

but surely saying that the sinistrels are what holds the entire series together. as everyone seems to have a strange obssestion with maxim and seems to forget the true hero. aka the hero of lufia. as maxims actions has no real consiquence. however the hero had to face the possibily of killing the women he loved. ( but i digress). you do have a good point though i personaly would not like to see the sinistrels become a clitche in the same ways that say dr rotnix, dr willy and bowser have done!

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:19 am

Well, I shall explain my opinon.

Lufia 4 shouldnt be called Lufia 4 b/c there are no Sinistrals, hence no Erim, hence no Lufia, hence unaccurate naming.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”