Lufia GameShark/Game Genie/PAR Code Requests

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:05 am

I don't know, have a look at my previous posts, they have gameshark codes but as i haven't tested em lately, they might work or might not.

Akai_Kiba
Red Jelly

Postby Akai_Kiba » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:58 pm

they would work if i had a gameshark from 03 or if i was using a rom... thanks anyway ^^

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:21 pm

Sorry, if they don't work i don't know where to get them from

Akai_Kiba
Red Jelly

Postby Akai_Kiba » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:28 am

that is ok.. i did find an old AR V5.4 but will they work on that or is it too old?

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:34 am

might do, did u try them on your thingy?

Akai_Kiba
Red Jelly

Postby Akai_Kiba » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:07 pm

on the AR or in my VBA? (i dont have the game as a rom only cartidge.)

Shoregrey
Red Jelly

Postby Shoregrey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:55 am

I looked around these forums and didnt see any reference to it so Ill ask here. Does anyone actually have a working "Unlock retry/gift" mode game genie code for this game? Id like to play again in these modes but long since erased all my games. As was stated above...the one thats out there doesnt work.

Thanks
Keith WP
Bitter Since 1994

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:41 pm

This one works.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shoregrey
Red Jelly

Postby Shoregrey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:43 am

Is that game genie for snes? Thats what Im looking for.

Lufia_Maxim
Red Jelly

Postby Lufia_Maxim » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:50 am

SinReVi wrote:70000008
This one works.

Hey SinReVi,

I'm assuming that code si for Lufia 2, as it doesn't seem to work on Fortress of Doom.

I'm kind of interested in playing Fortress of Doom the legit way, but I think I would rather cut off my arm with a pencil before I play through the game the way it normally is.

Basically, do you have a code to unlock the Try Again Mode, so I can at least get 4x gold and 4x experience? That should make it more bearable for me, I hope.

If not, I can just use some codes to get to lvl99 and rush through the game to unlock it, but a code would save me a lot of time. Thx

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:14 am

Yeah that code was for Lufia II.

I don't think I've seen a code to unlock Try Again for Lufia I and I can't find one.
Maybe these pages have some codes you can use to rush through the game.
http://www.thegshi.org/bsfree.php?s=4&d=5&g=2587
http://www.thegshi.org/bsfree.php?s=4&d=2&g=2587
I could send you a savefile (.srm) with Try Again unlocked if you are playing on an emulator.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Lufia_Maxim
Red Jelly

Postby Lufia_Maxim » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:14 am

I've actually decided to go through the game myself and take several notes while I play.

I've got my people at lvl99 and that "Walk faster code" is like a code from heaven! Best code I've ever seen.

Kronoan
Soldier

Postby Kronoan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:06 am

Hi, this isn't exactly related to codes, but I have a question about versions of Lufia II. I'm playing with a ROM using ZSNES (the latest version) & I'm not sure if I've been playing the U.S. or PAL version. I'd thought I was playing the U.S. version, but I just noticed when I loaded up the ROM that the video mode was in PAL. I tried earlier tonight to DL a U.S. copy, since the Kureji Lufia patch needs that version to work. Every time I patched it, & tried to play but it wouldn't load after selecting Start, it would stay at a black screen for a few seconds with the Elcid music playing then it would restart at the Opening Screens.

Also, the supposed U.S. versions I DL'ed have a couple of extra screens before the rest of the opening, with credits for Taito. It also says something like Estopolis which I know now is what this game was originally called in Japan. I'm really confused as to how to get the right version & what I've been playing until now. Thanks!
I Like Swords!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Time Can Be Your Ally, Use It Well!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Maybe you are playing a bad dump?
Anyway,

Japanese version:
- Starts with a white screen with the Taito logo on it.
- The intro scene starts
- The Estpolis II logo appears on the titlescreen

US version:
- Starts with a white screen with the Natsume and Serious Fun Logo on it.
- A black screen appears with the text: Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals (c) Taito 1996 Licensed by Nintendo
- The intro starts
- The Lufia II logo appears on the title screen, it also says Rise of The Sinistrals under it.

PAL version (Australian, Dutch, German and Spanish versions):
- Starts with a black screen showing the Nintendo Logo
- A black screen appears with the Taito logo
- The intro starts
- The Lufia logo appears on the Title screen. it just says Lufia, without II and there is no Rise of the Sinistrals under the logo. Besides that, there is also a message saying (c) Taito Corporation 1996 All Rights Reserved

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Kronoan
Soldier

Postby Kronoan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Ah, OK Thanks, that's exactly the differences I noticed! I'd first played on a PAL version for sure then, & the other version(s) I got last night are U.S. 1 question, technically playing PAL is better than the U.S. version, right? Because there aren't really any bugs compared to the U.S. version?

Also, one weird thing with my copies of ROMs of this I have is that the text of the credits of the game makers, etc. during the intro sequence flash several different colors sometimes, yet I'd swear that this has only started happening as of last night, & just to confirm this I re-watched DaveTheUsher's 1st video of his replay of this, & sure enough on his ROM he's using his text stays white. This isn't anything big but I'm curious as to know what's the difference? Anyway, Thanks for the info man, now I know!
I Like Swords!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Time Can Be Your Ally, Use It Well!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”