New to lufia

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jamez
Red Jelly

New to lufia

Postby Jamez » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:14 pm

hi could you guys tell me about lufia and what its all about?

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:19 pm

I can attempt all in one post, but I don't know if I could.

Ok... basically Sinistrals Vs. Humans is the way I view it as. Through the 3 main games (actually don't know about Lufia 3 TLR 'cause I never played it) the same Sinistrals would be revived and a new hero fomr Maxim's line would appear to save the world with the help of Dual Blade. (The second game that everyone loves is a prequel to the first one.)

The series was made in this order:

Lufia: Fortress of Doom (SNES)
Lufia: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES)
Lufia: The Legened Returns (Gamboy/Gameboy Color?)
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore (this one is technically a side story though.) (Gameboy Advanced)

In chronological order:

Lufia: Rise of the Sinistrals
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore (Side story)
Lufia: The Fortress of Doom
Lufia: The Legend Returns

There are a few sites that would give you a lot more info, I just got to find those links in a second... (The main part of this site would help also, but I can't seem to find a button that takes you back, so I'll just have to put that link here also.)

http://www.planetnintendo.com/lufia/ - This is to the main part of this site.

http://forfeit.electromaz.com/ - This is another site that is very good. It also has some forums as well. (Though I don't know if I'm allowed to post this one >_>' guess DBAM or anyother moderator will let me know if there is a problem or not.)
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Jamez
Red Jelly

Postby Jamez » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:15 pm

wow so wat do these sinstrils do???????????/

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:37 pm

Death, Destruction, Chaos.

They basically go around killing things for no reason at all.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:37 pm

And they try and take over the planet and killing all people living in it! In other words, you don't want to mess with the sinistrals!
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:03 pm

Phil wrote:And they try and take over the planet and killing all people living in it! In other words, you don't want to mess with the sinistrals!

Though if you want to beeat the game you'll have to =\

I think it'd be quite interesting to see the game from a Sinistral's point of view, which was the reason I started that fan fic Lufia: The Sapphire Awakens. though I don't know if I have enough drive to finish it =\

Lord of Nightmares
Red Jelly

Postby Lord of Nightmares » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:28 pm

Long ago, Terror, Destruction, Chaos and Death became manifest in the form of four godlike beings, known as the Sinistrals. The aforementioned quartet made their home on Doom Island, a massive floating island and began causing all manner of mischief throughout the world and the combined might of all the human kingdoms was insufficient. Around this time, the legendary hero Maxim appeared and aided by his friends was able to defeat the Sinistrals with the help of the Dual Blade, a weapon of unknown (well, if you play the entire series a few hints are dropped here and there) origin which was the only thing capable of truly destroying a Sinistral by disrupting their Spiritual Force.

The main problem however was that peace would only be restored temporarily. The Sinistrals, being immortal manifestations of the above aspects, could only be banished for a certain period of time and would revive after a century to begin wreaking havoc all over again. Which is basically an excuse for each successive instalment in the series, not that I mind. :wink:

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:50 pm

Wow, he's good.

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:33 am

heh heh, where do you find this stuff out????
"Nothing is a lost cause as long as there is but one fool who believes."

Ryu Juini
Knight

Postby Ryu Juini » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:28 pm

The internetz!
Destiny is the key to fate! Fate is just destiny in the making!

devonm042690
Knight

Postby devonm042690 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:29 pm

[quote="Lord of Nightmares"]Long ago, Terror, Destruction, Chaos and Death became manifest in the form of four godlike beings, known as the Sinistrals. The aforementioned quartet made their home on Doom Island, a massive floating island and began causing all manner of mischief throughout the world and the combined might of all the human kingdoms was insufficient. Around this time, the legendary hero Maxim appeared and aided by his friends was able to defeat the Sinistrals with the help of the Dual Blade, a weapon of unknown (well, if you play the entire series a few hints are dropped here and there) origin which was the only thing capable of truly destroying a Sinistral by disrupting their Spiritual Force.

The main problem however was that peace would only be restored temporarily. The Sinistrals, being immortal manifestations of the above aspects, could only be banished for a certain period of time and would revive after a century to begin wreaking havoc all over again. Which is basically an excuse for each successive instalment in the series, not that I mind. :wink:[/quote]

You forgot a very important point. After 100 years Erim, the Mistress of Death, was reincarnated. About 20 years after that, Gades attacked a kingdom & after that, the basic story started over except for 1 fact which I won't say because what I wanted to say is a major spoiler so I don't want to spoil it for our new friend.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:42 pm

Please check the last post date before posting in help topics.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”