RoTS - Ancient Cave

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:56 pm

Heh... back onto the subject of ROL's Ancient Cave.

I haven't really played it, but I think I've gotten up to level 12 before getting bored and providencing out.

The only problem is that on some floors, the floor master is a joke.

Maxps

Postby Maxps » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:33 pm

Actually, they're talking about Lufia 2 (RoTS)

Anywho, there's an easier way to beat the Master Slime. Just kill off all your party members. It's just as hard(since he heals you all in the first round), but the thing that makes it easy is that if you have a spell that can kill all of your party members at one time, then you'll win much more easily.

Once everyone is dead, The Master Slime will say you've won. Then when you check your status, everyone has 0 hp. :P

Imperial Dragon
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Imperial Dragon » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:36 pm

... So you're saying that I kicked that Slime all over the floor for nothing?! I beat it, and got absolutely nothing... It wasn't even that hard...
Follow your dreams, you never know where they'll lead you.

Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanant.

L'amour est une belle chose. "Love is a beautiful thing."

Maxps

Postby Maxps » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:46 pm

Well, you get the last Iris treasure. It was the only one I missed before I sold my game. (didn't find out about the trick til after wards. :(

From what I heard, the only other thing you get out of it is the treasure you see when you're about to enter the first floor of the cave.

devonm042690
Knight

Postby devonm042690 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:05 pm

I got to the bottom then tricked the jelly into giving me the ancient key.

roluf
Red Jelly

Postby roluf » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:50 pm

devonm042690 wrote:I got to the bottom then tricked the jelly into giving me the ancient key.
what do you mean ? explain:P
GADES IS STERKEN DAN OOIT, WAARSCHIJNLIJK OMDAT HIJ OP EIGEN GRONDGEBIED VECHT!!

HAHAHA LOL

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:42 pm

He probably means the "Kill your own party" trick.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:36 am

It takes about 6 hours to do a good run and do a lot of fighting, that is if you get a few monster rooms and take a small break or two. It's hard to beat it without Dekar, but doable. My brother did it with Maxim, Lexis, Tia, and Guy. and then once instead of Lexis he used Artea, which gives you Zap and Fry for archfiends but no Destroy for Gold Dragons and Gold Golems. Now keepin' Tia alive is hard as brown stuff(you censored my "s" word)....I don't even think she has over 320 hp at 75 and I know she won't crack 450 by then.

devonm042690
Knight

Postby devonm042690 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:05 am

I beat the ancient cave, & found out something that really screwed me up. Gold Dragons are so holy, light based attacks have no effect. I was prepared next time, & defeated all enemies i could find, including the publicly hated gold & silver dragons! I finally reached the bottom, & beat him in like 3 attacks. Just so u know, I did it after I got Artea.

devonm042690
Knight

Postby devonm042690 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:13 am

Hey wait a minute! So what if Artea can't use "Death" Spells, Maxim can, isn't that enough?! Thats what I did.

MichaelXsouls
Red Jelly

Postby MichaelXsouls » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:54 am

I'm really not being able to get into this dungeon. I have done 2 expeditions one getting to 25th floor, next getting to around 35 or so. I found it too repetative to play or be involved in a sub-area like this, while being placed (I'm at the point in the game where you just get access to it) in a climing storyline.

I will probably try to take another shot at it, I can't see myself digging 6 hours just to complete something that seemingly will not inpact the game directly. Or at least in the sense you need to beat it, to beat the game. I have not read anything that leads to possible alternative ending routes(I have not even read anything about or beyond the point I am in the game).

However the basic fun factor of this place is almost devoid completely, there is no real challenge but being able to tolerate the repetative floors and re-leveling your characters with no gear along the way. There comes a point also I've seen that the gear available isn't really balanced to the monsters you are fighting. Deker is an example of this, being a strong character inthe first place. They seem to throw high damaging weapons at you but very lack-luster armor hoping that you put out more damage than the mosters are able to put out initially.

Something just rubs me the wrong way about the concept of this place vs the concept of the semi-similar cave in Lufia & fortress of Doom. Maybe because that Edit->Game<- is so possibly "innocent" to me. I did not get the same feeling of satisfaction in the almost related cave in that game as I'm getting in this one.

haaften
Red Jelly

Postby haaften » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:31 pm

ive only reached floor45 :roll:

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:34 am

devonm042690 wrote:I beat the ancient cave, & found out something that really screwed me up. Gold Dragons are so holy, light based attacks have no effect. I was prepared next time, & defeated all enemies i could find, including the publicly hated gold & silver dragons! I finally reached the bottom, & beat him in like 3 attacks. Just so u know, I did it after I got Artea.

Destory works wonders on Gold Dragon, unless you wanna face Zap, star dust blow, star dust blow in ONE ROUND ;-; Artea is really good there, his magic is strong and zap/fry is great for undead. Only problem I have is no death spell ;-;.

devonm042690 wrote:Hey wait a minute! So what if Artea can't use "Death" Spells, Maxim can, isn't that enough?! Thats what I did.

You have to target one at a time for it to be really effective and if he messes up...God help your party. And Gold dragons are holy/thunder based so no Fry or Sky swords >.< Gades blade if ya have it.

CinnamonPie
Villager

Postby CinnamonPie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:00 pm

The farthest I ever got was around level 60. I thought things were going pretty well, but then I got killed by some salamanders. :cry:

Maybe I'll try again sometime.

RPGMAN1
Red Jelly

Postby RPGMAN1 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:19 pm

I never got below level 20 or so before I got bored and used the providence to escape.

I ALMOST cleared TLR once. I was at level 80 or 90 something, and then I died! I was SO mad!!! :evil:
----Interesting (Hopefully) Sig coming soon----

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”