Worst Final Fantasy?

Talk about anything relating to the Final Fantasy games here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:22 am

Final Fantasy X was one of those games where the story really didn't pick up until 'bout halfway through. That's why I think some people like to diss it.

For instance, the beginning of the game is mainly FMV scenes, so that would turn off some people.

Just my two cents.....

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:39 pm

I like to see a few FMV sequences... I don't see why people complain about them! They add to the, erm, atmosphere? :P

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:54 pm

It seems that the RPG's of this era are turning away from fighting, and more towards more film-ish sequences, kinda like a movie, but you can control some parts.

I like that aspect, but lots of people differ. But hey, everyone has different ideas.....

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Sat May 01, 2004 2:07 pm

Yeah, the FMV's are cool, they lead you into what "has" or what "is" happening, know what I mean?
"Nothing is a lost cause as long as there is but one fool who believes."

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sat May 01, 2004 6:39 pm

Final Fantasy XI sucks sooooo bad. Its about impossible to get gill and in order to get pass level 15 you have to team up with a group of 5 other people and take on things that could kill you in like 3 hits.
stupid is as stupid does

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Sun May 02, 2004 7:48 pm

They do it that way so Squaresoft can make there money.....
"Nothing is a lost cause as long as there is but one fool who believes."

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon May 03, 2004 9:52 am

I really enjoy playing RPGs that flow like a movie. If they're made well, you can really get into the story.

Aretak
Soldier

Postby Aretak » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:20 am

I loved Final Fantasy X. It and Final Fantasy X-2 are my two favourite games in the series. The story is really well developed, the characters are deep and interesting, and the battle system is excellent in both of them (especially X-2).

As for the worst in the series... Final Fantasy V. The story is dull, the gameplay is repetitive, and the characters don't have anywhere near the depth of those in Final Fantasy IV. Very disappointing.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:25 pm

Yeah - if the characters don't get developed in an RPG, then the game has no hope at all. The characters were fantastically well developed in X and X-2. :)

Aretak
Soldier

Postby Aretak » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:39 am

Although, I suppose it had a bit of an advantage over the others since Final Fantasy X is the only game in the main series to get a sequel. To be honest, if it wasn't for X-2, I wouldn't like Yuna or Rikku as characters half as much as I do now. But luckily for us, X-2 exists, and we finally get to see the better side of Yuna and Rikku! :D

Imperial Dragon
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Imperial Dragon » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:21 pm

Mine will be kinda biased, because I've only played IV and VII...

FF VII: Proves that spending a ton of money on flashy graphics doesn't make up for usually sub-par music and a storyline that won't drop dead...
Follow your dreams, you never know where they'll lead you.

Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanant.

L'amour est une belle chose. "Love is a beautiful thing."

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:57 am

i think VII was the best......there were so many things you could have done to make the story progress diffrently.
stupid is as stupid does

Aretak
Soldier

Postby Aretak » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:55 pm

Uh... there were? I've played Final Fantasy VII more than any other in the series, and done everything there is to do (including beat those pesky Ruby and Emerald Weapons), yet I never really thought of it as anything but completely linear. Not quite as linear as Final Fantasy X was, but close.

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:57 pm

let me refrase that....it didn't progress diffrently...you just figured out more to the story. There were so many secret things to do. I think you can even go on a date with barret in there somewhere. Then there was that hill on the map that had that hidden zone where you got the best sword in the game. It is rumored also that if you play the game being mean to tifa and nice to areith that when septhroith comes down to stab arreith, tifa will push her out of the way and get stabbed. I don't think that one is true but who knows.
stupid is as stupid does

Aretak
Soldier

Postby Aretak » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:12 pm

Oh, you mean like sidequests and such? Yeah, it had a lot of decent sidequests -- most Final Fantasy games do. That last bit definetly isn't true though. I remember all the rumours about there being some way to resurrect Aeris as well. :)

Return to “Final Fantasy”