Choco-Meteo (FFX-2)

Talk about anything relating to the Final Fantasy games here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Choco-Meteo (FFX-2)

Postby Naminé » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Anyone ever had a Chocobo use the ability "Choco-Meteo"?

It's kinda like Meteor, but with not as much damage. I've only been attacked with it twice, both times hunting for assembly parts at the Bikanel Desert.

Amazing to think the Chocobo's get a good attack (after what happened in FFX).

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:55 pm

They actually attack you? I've just seen Chocobos in Kilika Woods... and they just ran away!

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:43 am

Yeah. They usually use either "Choco Kick" to attack you, or "Choco Cure" to heal themselves.

They also will use "Choco Shell", although I had to confuse the chocobo using "Tantilize", availble from the "Lady Luck" dressphere (also, I had no enemies 'cept for the Chocobo on the field).

Besides the Thunder Plains boss in Chapter V & the Chocobo, the only other enemy I've saw use a form of Meteor was the Ultima Weapon (in the Via Infinito in Bevelle during Chapter V). 5000 damage to everybody in one attack.....right after I cleared about 7 floors......

rougeredmage
Soldier

Postby rougeredmage » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:37 pm

i personaly remeber the old days when Meteo used to be the most powerfull magical spell in exstistance not the spell has been belittled with it been used by chocobo's.

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:32 pm

chocobos rocks, especially when u can ride them :):):)
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

Mace
Red Jelly

Postby Mace » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:44 am

Choco...Meteor, wow, I had totally forgotten about that move until I read this post. I don't know about X-2, but in FFT it's the "Special Ability" other than Choco Heal that the Red Chocobos have.

And I agree with Rouge, when it comes to "Meteo"/"Meteor" I think it's kind of sad when barely intelligent animals start using it, but that's just because I remember crying when Tellah finally cast it in FF4 (Easytype, back when I was a wee grasshopper).
I'm your huckleberry.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:53 pm

Heck, when I played FF4 Hardtype, Tellah casted Meteo from his remember ability! That was a kick.

It is... weird... how a Chocobo would be able to cast such a devastating spell in the first place.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:45 pm

Hmm...I think that attack was in FFVIII (from a FAQ I read), so they probably put in there w/ a very low appearence as a FF-series joke (like Biggs and Wedge, for example).

Return to “Final Fantasy”