OMG

An archive of locked topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vortex
Hero of the Lufians

OMG

Postby Vortex » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:11 pm

Okay since I know VA I know what his site's layout is made from,and how it was made. Let me just tell you he has probably never even seen your site before let alone try to copy the layout. He values his coding and that is why he uses javascript. Is quite simple really, you can put unclean codes in javascript, thus the reason there is so much javascript, even the tag <input> is not aloud in XHTML strict. And the code was generated by free hand, not no frontpage or whatever was used. Now I know you've said its not a copy of your layout and you've relized that, but just the entire idea of someone even saying something like that. Any good person at HTML actually wanting to know if its the same code would compare them and I know they aren't even close to alike. No, offence but that code is crap compared to FE Fusions. FEFs codes are not visible for the most part because it is made with CSS, you probably have no idea how hard it is making XHTML STRICT CODES!! And buddy I bet I could go to any popular game site and find the headers are relativley the same.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing you keep on talking!!

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:21 am

And your point is...? They're just layouts. If it looks good, no normal site-goer will care.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:14 pm

Vortex - I designed TAC's layout, and yes, I can see that Fire Emblem Fusion is excellently coded. I am impressed with VA's CSS and XHTML skills.

I have just started to teach myself CSS and XHTML, and I know how hard they both are. I have not yet taken XHTML standards into account yet, but in the future, I can see it being important (at the moment it doesn't really matter).

TAC is coded with as little CSS as possible, because at the time I didn't know much CSS - also, I feel it can be easier to edit HTML code when you're new with CSS.

As DBAM said though, the coding doesn't matter so much to the ordinary passer by. Nobody will be bothered that TAC doesn't use as much CSS as FEF.

But still - tell VA how impressed I am with his coding - he's done a fantastic job!

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:24 pm

Okay, I get what he's getting at now. This dilemma was over a long time ago.

Although I do appreciate the advice of Vortex here, Vortex's posting reputation could use a bit of work. When a topic is locked, it means NO MORE DISCUSSION, not even a new topic.

Return to “Locked Topics”