Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

Comment on Lufia World's news and updates.

Moderators: Chris, Moderator Team

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:16 am

Oh... like that. I guess I'm used to "Lufia" as the title to the point where I don't notice any more.

But really, you could say the same for every Lufia game after FOD, right? Lufia is just the name of the series and just "happens" to be the name of one of the main characters in FOD. I think that's how you should look at it.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:36 pm

lets just pretend that lufia 2 manual that came with the game was actually right, and the world too, is called "Lufia".

So in that aspect the name would make sense.

Lufia; the land cursed by the gods.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:42 pm

I dunno, it seems to me that all they did was replace every instance of "Estpolis" with "Lufia." That is, assuming they translated the manuals and not randomly pulled the text from the back of their minds.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:29 am

That's what I assumed too...replacing every instance of Estpolis instead of thinking about why Taito had translated the first instalment's title and the hilarity of changing the world's name. Of course, when I was eleven and didn't know enough of Japanese to realize the game title had changed in translation, the manual thing confused the heck out of me...
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

Return to “Lufia World - News and Updates”