Details on Races/Classes

Discuss NeoGades' cancelled MMO Lufia fan game.

Moderators: PsiCop, NeoGades, Moderator Team

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Details on Races/Classes

Postby PsiCop » Sun May 08, 2005 6:38 pm

After some discussion with NeoGades, this is what we came up with. I wanted to give you more details on how we're planning to do the races and classes.

There will be three playable races in the game: Humans, Elves, and Monsters. Each of these races will have a different base experience curve. This means that each race will be geared more towards something, with a few exceptions that I will discuss a little later on in this post. For example, the Elves are going to be naturally strong in magic, but be a little weaker in defense and HP amount-wise. The Monsters will, for the most part, have very little magic. However they will be very strong and have high HP amounts. The Humans are in the middle. Some are naturally inclined to use magic and others are great warriors. Their experience curves will reflect this.

Now to another level of customization in your playable characters... classes. Each race will have unique classes which will have slightly altered experience curves to reflect their specialties or weaknesses. For example, one of the Monster classes that's being considered is the Brute. This monster has no magic ability whatsoever, but is extremely powerful and has a high HP amount. The experience curve of the Monsters is subtlely altered to reflect this for the Brute class. Here is a list of some classes that are being considered for each of the races and their uniqueness...

Humans
*They are well-rounded characters who use melee attacks and magic.*
-Knight: Good all-around class with a slight inclination toward higher ATK and DEF as well as HP. The negative effect is that they only have the very basic magic abilities, such as being able to heal themselves.
-Adventurer: Perhaps the most well-balanced class in the game. They have average stat inclinations in all areas, and are able to learn many kinds of magic. For the negative, they aren't able to learn the advanced spells, and they don't have any stand-out strengths.
-Mage: They are the strongest magic users for the Humans. They can learn the most advanced attack, healing, stat enhancement and detrimental (for enemies) spells. They are great to have in any party as they can really eccentuate the other member's strengths. The downside to being the Mage is that they have low physical stamina. They have weak physical attacks, and their defense against physical attacks is low.

Elves
*They are a unique race of archers who share the powerful ability of striking all foes at once with their bow attacks.*
-Ranger: They are the specialty archers for the Elves. They are the elite when it comes to physical attacks for their race. They shoot with deadly precision and do quite a bit of damage to all foes with each volley. They have higher HP and ATK than the other Elf classes. They are great when attacking large groups of enemies, but their use is diminished when attacking a single enemy. Their main weakness lies in the fact that they are the weakest magic-wise for the Elves. They can get basic stat modifiers and healing spells, but thats about it.
-Rogue: They are the most well-rounded of the Elves. They make use of all their race's strengths. They have adequate ATK and HP and are able to get pretty strong spells as well. Their weakness lies in the fact that, like the Ranger, they can be weak in battles against single opponents, such as bosses.
-Guardian: I'll put it simply... These are the strongest magic wielders in the entire game. Their spells are the most powerful, and are learned at earlier levels than expected. The Guardians dedicate their entire lives to the pursuit of magic, and using their race's magical edge, are able to obtain great power. There is a large drawback, however. Their physical skills in battle are among the weakest in the game as well. Their low ATK, DEF, and HP levels are a huge detriment to their overall ability. However, if managed correctly, they can prove to be of great worth in any party.

Monsters
*They are very unique, and usually are very physically adept for battle. Few of them can use magic, as compared to the other races. They're also a bit more vulnerable to magic attacks.*
-Brute: They are just that. They are the great beasts. They are among the most powerful characters in the game. They possess no ability for magic, but their strength lies in just that... strength. They have the strongest physical attacks of any unit in the game. Their HP and DEF is pretty high as well. They're the strong bulldozers for any party.
-Goblin: These are the visually unsightly monsters such as zombies. They also have no inclination for magic. However, they have the highest DEF and HP levels in the game. They also have pretty strong attacks. They're the hit-takers of the party.
-Spirit: These are the ghosts, and various aura of the world. They are the supernatural. They have a special ability in that they can evade 50% of all physical attacks. Their HP and DEF is slightly lower than average. Their physical attacks also do lower damage than most classes in the game. They are also the only monsters that can use magic. They have minimal healing spells, and some attack spells, but their strength lies in their detrimental spells. These are the spells that cause status effects on their foes. They are certainly a unique class, and can give a rare touch to any party they're a part of.

This list isn't final. If anyone has any ideas for classes, feel more than free to post them in a manner similar to how I did. We may stay at 3 classes per race, or we may have more. Some races may even have more classes to choose from than others. I look forward to seeing your thoughts. 8)

I would also like to add that a creative decision's been made to have the Sinistrals as NPCs only. There's a few reasons for this, but mainly because we needed to keep them as the villains for every race (even monsters). Trust us, it'll pay off in the end. :wink:
Last edited by PsiCop on Mon May 09, 2005 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dekar rules!

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Sun May 08, 2005 9:14 pm

jelly,genie,core,Hidora,dragon and sinistral classes!
I don't have any ideas...
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Mon May 09, 2005 3:54 am

Shouldn't you guys have promotions to the three classes?

Knight-Paladin
Adventurer-Hero
Mage-Sage

Ranger-Hunter
Rouge-Marauder
Guardian-Vanguard

As for the monsters, I'm just guessing that they should promote to their better versions: Red Jelly-Blue Jelly, etc.

Could I just be refered to as a minor contributor?

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon May 09, 2005 4:38 am

We've considered the idea of having a class upgrade at a high level, as you mentioned. Monsters are still a bit up in the air as we're still figuring how to do them best. They'll most likely be similar to the other races, except for their appearance and unique abilities.

A minor contributor would be fine. NeoGades is wanting to make sure everyone gets credit, even for something as small as an idea.
Dekar rules!

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Mon May 09, 2005 5:12 am

Don't you still have to worry about the Sinistral classes? Or maybe you could use the Sinistral classes as the highest form of the normal classes. You know like an elite rank.

Knight-Paladin-General*
Adventurer-Hero-War Lord*
Mage-Sage-Archmage*

Ranger-Hunter-Sniper*
Rouge-Marauder-Assassin*
Guardian-Vanguard-Templar*

*Elite or Sinistral classes

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon May 09, 2005 5:24 am

We decided to hold off on the Sinistrals as playable, and keep them as NPCs. Eilte classes are a possibility.
Dekar rules!

LiquidIce
Red Jelly

Postby LiquidIce » Wed May 11, 2005 7:17 pm

=/ Pretty new here, Dual Blade basically explained stuff to me but umm... How about

Brute - xxxxxx (Forgot what i was typing sorry)
Goblin - Goblin Raider?
Spirit - Nightmare?

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Thu May 12, 2005 2:56 am

Here's a thought. After getting many different idea submissions for the higher classes, perhaps we could hold a vote on which to keep. Hmm, things aren't final yet. There could be anywhere from 1-4 "evolution states" for each class. It really depends on a lot of different variables.
Dekar rules!

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sat May 14, 2005 5:04 pm

There should probably be a healer class for elves. One that has high support magic and high speed. I mean, elves, first thing that comes to mind is nimble.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Sat May 14, 2005 10:36 pm

Also, I think the humans should have a class that excles in White Magic (curative), but has a decent attack (like Celes from FF6). Or have that apply to a elf class.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sat May 14, 2005 10:51 pm

Well, most Elf classes are very strong in magic anyways. Healing, attack and support magic are included, considering it's their strength.

We don't want to have too many class types. Otherwise this will diminish their usefulness. I'd put it at a maximum of 4, maybe 5 for each race.
Dekar rules!

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sun May 15, 2005 12:09 am

Then we should have one class, like a theif one, that's really fast, with low attack and defence, but can learn some cool skills or something like that.

BlackJack
Red Jelly

Postby BlackJack » Mon May 16, 2005 6:03 pm

Hello, this is my first post, and i know you all dont know me, but i was just thinking about these races and classes, Do you think it would be more fun and more varity and selection to add more to the classes... so there would be more for the people to chose from?for example instead of mage, make like a wizard and a priest( wizard for black magic, then priest for healing magic)< each one would be better in a specific class of magic?

(more examples)

Humans:
Knights-good with swords and has good def.
Barbarians- Axe type wepons and good attack.
Theif-Daggers and good speed.
Wizard-rods and black magic.
Priest- Staffs and healing magic.
Lancer- much like knights but better with spears
(i could keep going but maybe should go to next class)

Elfs:
Archer-bows and such, good accracy
Swordsman- Good with a sword, but not accable to armor like a knight.
Ninja- like the theif class for humans but for elfs.
(then the mages)

then whatever goes for monsters im not into monsters so i wouldnt know.

But wouldnt a larger amount of classes and varity of choices, make the chances of playing with people just like your character, less likely?

Sorry if i am a bother, just a thought in my mind...keep up the good work on the game thoe,looks awesome,cant wait.
" I scream out through my soul,
In the shadows I hide.
Everything grows old,
With this curse by my side."
~*BlackJack*~

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Mon May 16, 2005 6:28 pm

I don't hink that there would be ninja elves. They'd probably be called elite or something.

Jai
Villager

Postby Jai » Mon May 16, 2005 6:35 pm

My biggest problem, as other people have mentioned, is the combined magic. By that I mean that all forms of magic are in one class. As with other online rpgs it would be more effective to split the magic between classes:

Human:
Mage - Offensive magic(direct attacks ,group attacks, stat reducing)
Priest - Defensive(direct heals, group heals, stat increasing)

Elf:
Sorcerer - Offensive magic(direct attacks, group attacks, stat reducing)
Guardian - Defensive(direct heals, group heals, stat increasing)

The primary reason for the seperation is because some players enjoy using attacking spells but hate healing. This would help people choose a more specific role in battle thay they would enjoy. The only problem with my idea is the lack of difference between the two races. However, those differences could be in the stats(hp,mp,def, etc.).
The elves could have higher mp/spell damage but lower def/hp and the humans could have a slight increase in def/hp but less mp/spell damage.

I'm just saying what comes to my mind, hope I didn't waste anyone's time.

Return to “Resurrection: Multiplayer Lufia Game”