Volunteers Sign Up Here

Discuss Hector of Ostia's cancelled Lufia fan game.

Moderators: Hector of Ostia, Moderator Team

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:16 am

Ya know I've been putting off reading your fanfic for a while, have it on my computer, can't force myself to read it for some reason, not saying it's bad :P. The start is seeming interesting so I think I might get a unique prospective from not reading it for a while. A few of the trigger where a bit funky in there. Like when I went through the door, there was a little pause which was kind of annoying and I go through the basement, I think I wasn't suposed to, but I ended up walking out and getting something about "not going down there" I click through it too fast. I just did a rush play through. Also, when I left the house I walked north into the house and then was stuck there and forced to go back through the intro. Which I had the same problem in my past RPG maker experiences. I really like the way this is looking, perhaps you could chat with me on AIM about it :D For now I'm gonna go try another run through.

Edit: That basement door thing was because I played the piano before I started, whoops.

Also when the doors are open, I have to re-click to go back through.

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:31 am

Yeah about that... You see, I learned to make doors from an FAQ online and I've been using the exact same instructions to do each one ever since. The FAQ never mentioned how to make doors pass through-able after opening.

I won't lie when I say I'm not a pro at this...

Right now, I'm going through the editor and trying to fix as many errors as I can.

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:52 am

k im willing to help add my msn hector : chris_redfield48@yahoo.com post back here if u added it

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:05 am

I got it.

My MSN Messenger's working but not my AIM for some reason.

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:22 am

Count me in! I can make some sprites!
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:58 pm

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary wrote:Oddly enough it shouldn't matter to you, Lexi, cause you already have the RTP files. o.o

I get the same error, though.

Also, I might be able to help with programming, and maybe BGM.

I had tried putting the files from the main RTP folder, and putting those in the folder, but it didn't work. I'm gonna screw around with the source code and see where the URL goes to, and see if I can fix it that way.

EDIT: The only conclusion I could come to is that I installed RPGMXP under \Program Files\RPG Maker\XP\........, which was not the default directory. That might be what's causing it, since I think the default is c:\Games\..... or something, so your file might be wanting to find it there, NOT where I have the program.

Went and installed it in the normal dir. The problem lies with not having the correct audio files. You need to include EVERYTHING that was used (like the Lufia theme) in the download.

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:23 pm

yes ur right alexia that is the default directory

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:20 pm

I'd like to help, but I have no programming skills at all + im gone for almost a month starting Friday.
I used to be intelligent, education ruined me.

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:22 pm

hey spirit rpg maker dont require ALOT of skills. im pretty you can make a few maps or whatever

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

ChronoSquare
Red Jelly

Postby ChronoSquare » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:57 pm

Here's a question: Do we have anyone yet who'd be able to do the music for the game? If not, I know a few good musicians who might be willing to give their services, if I can get in touch with them...

Angelus
Knight

Postby Angelus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:36 pm

You could always use Lufia music for it. I'm pretty sure Sinrevi must have every lufia song in existance at her disposal. :lol:
Last edited by Angelus on Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All your base are belong to us.

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:09 pm

SinReVi's a girl.

Angelus
Knight

Postby Angelus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 pm

Hector of Ostia wrote:...

SinReVi's a girl.

My B it's fixed now
All your base are belong to us.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:32 am

Anyone can make a mistake. But I'd watch it if I were you. Say that to a girl in real life and that's a fast track to some coffee being splashed in your face.
Dekar rules!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:58 am

Lol @ that :)

I only have experience in gamemaker with making games, and quite some other languages for programming, so can't really help you with this. Should you decide to make the jump to gamemaker; I have a fully working overworld system working for you. Elements such as lifting items, horse puzzles, maze puzzles, etc, are all in there. Mail me if you want to check it out for ideas, I don't have the time to finish it in a while, I'm sure :)

Also, remember my offer on every single tile in the game. Dungeons, towns, etc are made of these tiles, though they are called otherwise in RPGmaker (can't recall what it was though). I organised them into about 50 larger png's, categorised as they are in the actual game. Many thanks to relnqshd as well of course!

Anthony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Return to “Dawn of Fate: Community Lufia Project”