The End: Please Read

Discuss Hector of Ostia's cancelled Lufia fan game.

Moderators: Hector of Ostia, Moderator Team

Hector of Ostia
Knight

The End: Please Read

Postby Hector of Ostia » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:23 pm

First off, I'd like to thank everyone that contributed and gave their best of wishes to this project. The greatest shame in doing this, is that I am disappointing all of you who believed in me and believed that this project would be a resounding success. There's nothing worse than affronting one's dreams and aspirations, and for that, I am truly sorry.

It was my mistake alone in proposing this a year ago, as it was spur of the moment enthusiasm. I thought that I could manage a group of people all working together as a cohesive force, but apparently, I was quite inept at performing such. No more than a few weeks into the venture, I quickly realized that maintaining regular contact and frequent progress updates was far more than my daily life schedule could accommodate. And thus, I gradually fell out of the loop of activity which then caused the others to do the same.

Ever since the game's completion became futile, I have been hesitant to show myself at this forum. The sheer self-loathe and guilt I had made it a battle to work up enough courage just to see the newer posts people had made in the topic: "Volunteers Sign Up Here." Everyday, I'd fear that there'd be a new post saying: "Where is Hector?", "What's the status on the project?", or "I can't wait for this to be finished."

This, was one of THE most painful things for me.

So many people, asking to have a part in the "grand project" that was dead, unbeknown to them. For months now, I yearned to tell them that their helpfulness was appreciated but vain in the face of the current status. The very same guilt that comes with this post, was what kept me from telling them then. To tell the truth would clear my conscious but confirm their fears...

Too many have misplaced their faith with me, and because of my ashamed silence, more and more will continue to. I cannot allow that to go on any longer which is why I made this thread.

Once again, my sincerest apologies to all those who gave their free time and utmost commitment to this ill-fated endeavor.

I but ask of your forgiveness:

-ChronoSquare
-Ok Impala!
-Chris
-Chaos
-Naminé
-DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
-SinReVi
-Guard Daos
-Angelus
-KeiKusanagi
-maxim6221
-bad_guy
-Spiritual Me
-Anthony
-darkmax
-Wolverien
-lufiamanaelf
-TheFoamyFoomy
-TheBradshaw
-Glitched
-Foomy
-Zifanite
-forest warrior

...for my incompetence and failure to achieve the goals set forth in the beginning of all this.

-Hector of Ostia

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:07 am

Hector, for my part, all i can say is, this was a dream. A lot of people would have liked it to happen. However it was still a dream. It is so difficult to get something like this dream to happen. I've managed people in the past, even when in face to face contact every day it is so difficult to get a lot of things not even half as complex as this happening. All i can say is, don't beat yourself up too much. While it'd be nice for this project to come alive again, it would be difficult for this to happen. It would not be up to one person. While i think it is great that you have posted this, and i do appreciate how difficult it would be, from my own personal experiences it feels much more shameful to not say something than to come out and admit that it is too big. If you admit it, someone else may be in a position to take up the slack while the vision is still there. Anyway....now that i've finished my ramble, it's too bad about this, and i can't see why i'm on the list as i contributed nothing to the game

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:32 am

I put you on the list because you were one of those who wanted to help. Wanting to help alone after the fact it was doomed was enough to make me want to apologize.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 am

OK. If i could i'd shake your hand just for having the courage to actually come out and say it.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Yeah. Better than NeoGades, anyway... he just left without a word. It's a pity, of course, but I suppose it can't be helped...

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:35 pm

It's okay man. I think you're feeling a little too guilty. It's not like you murdered anyone, you know?
Dekar rules!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:24 pm

Are you still going to finish the fanfiction?
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:10 am

SinReVi wrote:Are you still going to finish the fanfiction?

Yes, I still am.

I just never sent Chris any of the chapters after Seven.

Also, since I've gotten better over the past year, I've been spending a lot of time revising the originals.

It's okay man. I think you're feeling a little too guilty. It's not like you murdered anyone, you know?

I really don't like breaking promises, especially when I practically had the entire forum behind me on this.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:43 am

I'm looking forward to the fanfiction.
Dekar rules!

JDWitchdoctor
Villager

Postby JDWitchdoctor » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:54 am

Well, I've read this over, and you've really gotten something done here.

I've tried doing this on websites before. I've cancelled them always, and eventually just decided on text RPs, but this project, at least the written part, is one of the more interesting ones I've seen undertaken.

I too look forward to the fanfiction, Hector.
"Glory is Fleeting, but Obscurity is Forever."

Glitched
Soldier

Postby Glitched » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:08 pm

EHm wow.. Ive been gone away so long :S

It's ok hector, its the thought that counts :P

Return to “Dawn of Fate: Community Lufia Project”