Questions

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:01 pm

About the puzzles keithioapc, i've been working on them for this project (mainly as an unofficial add-on). For anyone interested, they are not repeats of Lufia 2. I have been working very hard on trying to come up with original puzzles.

In saying i've been working on them, that's not the most accurate statement. That means i've been designing how they work, what needs to be done and such like that. However i don't have any real experience with rpgmaker

keithioapc
Red Jelly

Postby keithioapc » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:06 pm

I semi-familiarized myself with RPG maker 2k, I made some dinky game with it a few years back so it was mostly a refresher of doing basic stuff.

I verified that maps can be copy pasted from one project to another, so if I got a copy of a project file with all the sprite whatsits I got do a dungeon and then send you my project file. From that you could copy the dungeon and put it back in the original (Because presumably some other people also changed it).

I don't know if you've already implemented some sort of dungeon interactions tools (à la Lufia 2), but I'll see if I can make it in RPG2k myself.

I'm using key input via the password thing to have puzzle solving skill functionality.

Marston_X
Villager

Postby Marston_X » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Woah, good luck guys =D

One thing I would like to ask:
Will you use the RM2k standart battle system or will you try to code a custom battle system? (If this was allready asked, sorry, I haven't read all 4 pages xD)

Anyway, as said, good luck guys. Maybe it will be the first finished Lufia fangame (Yeah, I know, I also have one, but I'm so lazy and there are so many spelling errors and balance issues and urghs... xD)

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:24 pm

The game will indeed use a custom battle system.
Dekar rules!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:37 pm

Might I ask how you combine RPGMaker with C++ code, is that possible? If so, it suddenly sounds a lot more interesting to my ears :)

Some of you may remember I once started, and got quite a long way, at making a Lufia II puzzlegame from scratch. Made quite some mechanics for the Lufia II puzzles in there, including those dreaded horsestatues. Looking back at it now, the code looks rubbish, and I really can't continue on it, as I don't know where to start or continue. That was in Gamemaker though: C++ is where my heart is at now. If I'd ever start something like this again, I'd prefer to use C++, to get more and more familliar with it. The versatility it has is downright awesome :)

Combining that with RPGMaker could be a very good thing- a lot of stuff I made for that game included basic gridmovement (easy), and the system to hook up events (a lot harder) that triggered every single mechanism . A lot of that appears to be standard stuff in RPGMaker :)

Anyways, could you link me that tutorial about chipsets, Psicop? Don't have too much time on my hands, and I know that if I download RPGMaker, I want to be able to use it to some degree- eating my time ;)

Ant
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:25 pm

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_X ... ssland.jpg

I don't like the program anymore, if it doesn't let you choose between 16x16 grids and 32x32. They should allow you that, it's probably five added lines of code if done smart...

Ant

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

SinistralX
Red Jelly

Postby SinistralX » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:58 pm

Are you guys using any existing Lufia characters or places? Personally, though your game takes place after Lufia 2, I'd love to see Tia make a comeback.
.....and I have the power to confront that swell?

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:06 am

SinistralX wrote:Are you guys using any existing Lufia characters or places? Personally, though your game takes place after Lufia 2, I'd love to see Tia make a comeback.

I too would love to see Tia again!

Seto Dekar
Red Jelly

Postby Seto Dekar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:17 am

One thing I wanna ask about the Ancient Cave will it be in this new game cause I always loved that place in lufia it was wicked esspecially in Rise of Sinistrals as it changed everytime you went down, so I'd love to help bring that place to life again and make it more interesting and harder because I loved spending hours down their just walking around collecting treasure and beating montsers. Drop me a note when you get to that as well as confusing complicated things are a specialty of mine at least when it comes to creating them 8)
The focused mind can pierce through stone

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Man is a little wind that lilts the air,
And passing, leaves no shadow there,
But I, beside him when his days are flown
Take back my own to be my own...

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:47 am

SinistralX wrote:Are you guys using any existing Lufia characters or places? Personally, though your game takes place after Lufia 2, I'd love to see Tia make a comeback.

Chris wrote:

I too would love to see Tia again!

As far as i'm aware.....this is set 400 years after Lufia 2.......By this time I'd suggest if tia is in it she is a skeleton..... maybe there's a tia type character, i don't know, that's something for dekar to answer.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Tia and Ancient Cave

Postby Dekar The Great » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:49 am

Tias descendant will be in the game, thats all I will say =), also about the Ancient Cave, I hope to have one in the game, but will need help for it, for creativity and such.
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:04 am

Hey Anthony. RPG Maker 2K doesn't use C++, but the advanced use of events allows people to do some pretty cool things.

Here's some sites that may be of use:
http://www.rpgdreamersforum.com/index.p ... opic=11571
http://rmrk.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=756 ... aee467c&#3
http://www.crankeye.com/index.php

The second one, especially, has lots of good info. Just check out the RPG Maker 2K forums.
Dekar rules!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:22 am

I'll look into it :)

Ruby can be used to program extensions in C++ if you treat the extention as an object, being thats what Ruby is in its entirety.

(source: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7674.0.html)

That makes it a bit more interesting again :)

Ant

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Yeah, I saw that thread. Some people come up with amazing stuff for RM2K.
Dekar rules!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:56 pm

That is actually some basic Win32API stuff, hehe. I'm doing it in C++ now- catching keystrokes, and simulating them :P But it's good to know you can assess those functions through rpgmaker.

Ant

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”