Feedback for Demo 2.1

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Dekar The Great
Knight

Feedback for Demo 2.1

Postby Dekar The Great » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:35 am

Leave any suggestions, bugs or even just comments on the game here!
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

xnamkcor
Red Jelly

Re: Feedback for Demo 2.1

Postby xnamkcor » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 am

This happened near the end of the conversation in this room. Or assume so.

Is there any way you can use something besides Midi. If you really don't feel like not using Midi, could you at least include a soundfont and an option to use a Midi set that uses that soundfont to its potential with the game. It's kind of weird for the music in a fan game made 10 years later on a PC and the music is worse.

Also, when I was running it fullscreen, the top half was flickering. That might be an issue with my GPU though.

Spoiler: Could you throw in a easter egg where the title bar or title screen says "Lufia: Five the Savior"? Possibly as a New Game+ bonus?

Jim
Red Jelly

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Just registered to say a big thank you to Dekar the Great and anyone else involved in getting this going. I remember seeing something about this a few years ago and thinking it would never happen.

Keep up the great work!!!

Some feedback
*Getting back to town after the cave with only 1 potion can be a bit tricky!
*Monsters should attack from all sides. Rather than only when you walk into them.
*When you die, you should wake up at The Inn?? Just a suggestion.
*Cutting bushes should work without walking into them at the same time (if possible).

Thanks again. Loving it so far.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 am

Hey Jim! Glad to see you are enjoying the game!

As for your concerns, they have also been concerns of mine since I started making the game.

First off, enemies attacking from all sides has always been my #1 issue with the game. I have tried and tried AND TRIED to incorporate some way for that to work... but either it comes out working half of the time (and causing even more issues) or it just won't work at all. I will continue to try and incorporate it for the final version, but no promises.

As for the sword, that is yet another issue... more of a laziness issue if I am going to be honest. Each and every object that you cut has an event tied to it, one that activates if you are in collision with the object while swinging your sword. There are ways to make it so that you could just stand next to it and cut the object.. however, it would require about 10x more event scripting and when I had tried it long ago... it came out messy and creating even just 1 bush would take about 15 minutes or more. It. Was. Painful. I understand that having to collide with the object is different from Lufia II and kind of awkward, but I believe that it may be a necessary sacrifice if I ever want to get this game done =P.

I've thought about incorporating that water fairy or whatever from Lufia: Fortress of Doom into the Game Over event... but I'm still deciding.

Also, for getting back to town, I've also encountered this problem and it will be fixed in the full version.

Jim
Red Jelly

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:15 am

Thanks for the quick response.
I understand these things would be difficult/near impossible so no biggy. The collision/sword is fine to adjust to.

Thanks again. Loving this.

I occasionally see text windows like this.
Attachments
funnytext.jpg
funnytext.jpg (109.06 KiB) Viewed 3468 times

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Ah, I can explain the text window, basically, when you enter the menu, it changes the window settings to be other than blue, if text appears too quickly after your menu is open, it will cause that, but should revert after only a window or two.

For example, try pressing ESC really, really fast, you will eventually see the menu as the blue background that is present in text conversations. Its a known error, not sure if I can fix it.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Some comments left on my youtube videos. (not posting comments that you've already commented on)

i just would like to know you the gameplay, story line music and programming is all so goood!!

You are a talented game creator!!

it brings so much memories... keep up this great work

lufia will never die

Tijs0289 17 hours ago

This looks like an awsome game, but I cant play it. :'(

I downloaded it from the link, but dont have the necassary platform or program to open it with.

alielbaryeshua 3 months ago

Looks cool, but the dialogue and plotline quality is definitely lacking compared to the official games, and not exactly consistent with them as well. But thats the nature of a fan game I guess. Some cool visual concepts for sure

TonLars 2 weeks ago
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:36 pm

got another comment
Comment on your video: ep1 - Lufia V For the Savior (fangame)- Demo 2.1
i really like this demo! XD
unfortunately, this game is really easy to level up, for a level-up freak like me, i reached level 23 for lily in just 1 day, following the storyline!
i hope i can play this game in the near future, and i'll be able to play all the playyable character :)
Thumbnail12:33
ep1 - Lufia V For the Savior (fangame)- Demo 2.1
Lufia V For the Savior Demo 2.1
http://www.lufiaworld.com/f...
See all comments

07/21/

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:12 am

Wow, level 23 on Lily? One of my friends played thru the demo and decided that she wanted to make me crazy and found every monster in the game so far and killed it and she only got to level 20... however, she never re-entered any dungeons so I suppose that would allow you to get level 23. The way I'm making the game is assuming that people won't kill EVERYTHING in the game. However, if they do, they will technically be rewarded by making some encounters easier. We'll see, that might change.

As for myself, I'm usually 15 or 16 at the end of the demo.
Last edited by SinReVi on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merging a double post

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:58 am

I had Cam and Cain at lv18 and Lily at lv20.

Amazing to see that you're still working on this game! Keep it up, I hope you can finish it one day! How far do you think you're from a complete version? :-)

Another comment

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”