Hey!

Are you new to the forums? Come and introduce yourself here then!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Hey!

Postby Anthony » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:47 am

Hey guys,

I was directed to this site by a friend of mine, relnqshd, from the gamefaqs Lufia II boards. As this game, Lufia II, was, and still is, one of my favorite games ever, I too have decided to begin and construct some kind of fan game.

When the time comes and it will be done, I'll be sure to contact the owner of the website if he might want to host the game, as he has done or will do for the game Resurrection, of which I've seen some ingame pictures just now.

My approach will be entirely different; I plan to use the actual graphics from the game, again with help from that very relnqshd, and I'm not trying to have any relevant storyline. I want to recreate the puzzles from Lufia II, and be able to create my own...

I have no host for images yet, so you'll have to look for yourself... I'll direct you to the topic where it all began, and where Lufia headmasters HeavyArms, relnqshd and SinReVi posted their comments and suggestion;

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=588451&topic=21228199

So- Hi!!! :P

Anthony (ti83magic on the boards)
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:13 am

Welcome to LWF!
I played your game... until I got that error message when reading the Hint Tile in the room with the second (?) colored blocks puzzle.
EDIT: Just finished it ^_^
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:48 pm

Ah, another GameFAQs cronie. I don't pop into the Lufia II board too often, but when I do, I'm Lufia4life (2 days to 700 karma! :D)

Welcome to LWF. (Phew... I almost welcomed you to the wrong forum!)

And yes, heavyarms_525 is teh frue god.

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:42 pm

Welcome!
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Re: Hey!

Postby Naminé » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:27 pm

Anthony wrote:My approach will be entirely different; I plan to use the actual graphics from the game, again with help from that very relnqshd, and I'm not trying to have any relevant storyline. I want to recreate the puzzles from Lufia II, and be able to create my own...

Welcome to LWF!

BTW, wouldn't there be a copyright against using the in-game graphics (Res. is using modified sprites)?

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:13 pm

True, but the copyright is on all regarding Lufia, so also the name, the graphics (edited or not, they're still recognizable as boing from Lufia). I won't ever ask money or any other nonverbal award for such a game; the joy of other fans being happy with a game I made will be satisfying more than enough... :)

Btw, relnqshd (reli) has managed to rip all 60.000-something tiles from the game; I've made them into deperate tilesheets. Will Lufia world (Or do they even want to?) host those tilesheets for any other interested people? (170 mb unzipped, 7mb zipped?)

I played your game... until I got that error message when reading the Hint Tile in the room with the second (?) colored blocks puzzle.

... yeah, pretty stupid mistake there... :P Well, it's not even close to a full game, it's just to show what already can be and cannot be done yet... ;)

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:57 pm

Oh. I see. So basically unless Natsume/Tatio wants to sue you, there's no problem w/ it? Cool.

Anyways, that project of yours seems neat. ^__^

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:37 am

In all honesty, do you think I shouldn't use the ingame graphics? I've literally seen hundreds of fanegames already, and they all use original graphics (just turn to forums.gamemaker.nl for the fun of it... :P); I think Taito or Natsume would never sue individuals for releasing a game which would draw back interest to a game on which they make no money anymore, that is absolutely free, and gives credit where it's earned (Natsume and Taito, plus the guys responsible for the graphics and ideas; coding however is my doing).

Thanks for checking it btw... ;)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:44 am

No credits for Neverland?! :? :twisted: :evil:

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:49 am

lol@sinrevi... anyways.. sup?

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:54 pm

welcome to the site
stupid is as stupid does

Eikaridu
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Eikaridu » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:38 am

Welcome to the Lufia World Forums! We hope you enjoy your stay!

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:02 pm

Welcome to Lufia World!

We offer downloads through FilePlanet, so if you need hosting for some large Lufia downloads please send me a PM. :)

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:01 am

Once there is anything concrete, I think I will Chris; mutual advantage... ;)

For now however, expect little progress, as I'm busy with another project that needs more work first... You might however be pleased that reli and I have been able to rip every single tilesheet from the game!

Anthony

Return to “New Members”