Hello all! MichelRPG from the Gamefaqs Forums here :)

Are you new to the forums? Come and introduce yourself here then!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Hello all! MichelRPG from the Gamefaqs Forums here :)

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:39 am

So yeah.... to make a long story short, I was a member of the gamefaqs boards, and I was quite active on their boards, but about a week ago well.. a LOT of brown stuff went on. And I mean the stuff that hits the fan. numerous very active threads were deleted without warning, under the reasoning that they "violated the rules". I got banned for questioning several of those deletions, another user was suspended temporarely as well. And frankly... I never want to go back there again. unfriendly moderators and staffmembers, and the fact that members are treated like crap pushed me into other areas.

A 'friend' of those boars, Artemis, pointed me towards these boards, and I in turn linked this site to a couple of other members. Not sure if they'll join up here, though I hope they will.

A little about myself, Michel is the name (but please call me Volt), dutch, 25 years, and Lufia 2 is by far my favorite RPG ever. I dont consider it the best ever, but it's just my favorite ever. I love RP's (I even had one started on the GF boards... but those got DELETED for being offtopic.. go figure). Fortunately I saved the thread since I expected it to happen, and I am hoping my rp buddie(s) will join this site and join in :).

Erm, I love every kind of music except most gangsta-rap hiphop.
I go \M/-_-\M/ whenever Iron Maiden is on, and I'm really anal about typos, grammar errors, and translation errors. For example;

the ad of Savage 2 says: "Savage 2 A Tourtured soul"

... I get annoyed by that.

Erm, overall I can be a pleasant person (or so I think), with a moderate IQ :P. I hope I'll have a good time here, and as long as nobody deletes my threads saying "they're offtopic" or suspends me for saying "brown stuff", I won't throw a fit :D.

~Volt~

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:42 am

Well congrats! You picked the perfect forum to join for RP. Infact, we just started one around November last year, not to long. Just don't expect activity everyday.

Hello, I am DarkMaster2101 and SinReVi will greet you in the morning (I think). Feel free to look around, just ignore my new Lufia game ideas posts.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:03 am

hmm... I wrote down "boars" instead of "boards". I should clean my keyboard. Also, thanks for the warm welcome. I already know SinReVi by name since he is/was also a gamefaqs Lufia board poster. I see you have the rpg hack installed. Seems promising. Though having my butt handed to me by a green slime solely due to poison doesnt really pleases me XD..

once I know for sure my other rp friend(s) decide to join this board we'll continue our own rp here, maybe join some others too. We were just at the start, but still. It was some text.

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:07 am

your against Brown suff?!?
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:37 pm

hell no. I love it ;O. But the mods at GF are all silly poopyheads and they don't like it :(

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Welcome to Lufia World!
I thought you might show up here or on Lufia.net after I read your sig (on gamefaqs).

I already know SinReVi by name since he is/was also a gamefaqs Lufia board poster.

SHE

I haven't been posting much on gamefaqs but I still read the topics.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Sorry miss <.<;..... like I said I only know the name >.>;...

(dutch muzzlemuzzle)

en tering dan ben jij het tweede meisje dat ik ken dat lufia kent en speelt :O!

heh, and yeah... my account has been under "review by an admin" for about 3 days now. Regardless I'm not going back there. any good active topic there has been deleted for the most redundant of reasons.. I simply can't put up with it there. it's annoying when a couple of asswipes decide to screw it up for the fans of a game :(..

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello and welcome!

Yeah, I also don't like what's going on at the GameFAQs Lufia 2 board. Sure, these topics are off-topic regarding their definition, but in my opinion their definition of off-topic is just ridiculous. Topics that don't discuss the game itself, but discuss something of the universe of the particular game shouldn't be handled as off-topic.

There really shouldn't be anything wrong with for example forum games.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:05 pm

I'm pretty sure on gamefaqs it's just someone who has something against the lufia boards. The "kill a boss Lufia Style" thread I made was taken from the Secret of Mana boards where it's been around for weeks. Yet there it's not deleted. So blah...

*waits for ocelot and fleadh to join so I can finally restart that RP*

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Welcome.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:45 pm

heh...wow guys.

"User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations. "

I am quite curious how come starry after all of this is on "warned" status, yet I got banned instantly. Very interesting. Well, I can only say gamefaqs lost a member who contributed (or tried to) something to the lufia boards. Sad, very sad.

So.... where can I have lunch here?

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Brown-Acid wrote:your against Brown suff?!?

Don't think he was talking about you BA.

Volt wrote:hell no. I love it ;O. But the mods at GF are all silly poopyheads and they don't like it :(

No comment.
---DarkMaster2101

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:43 pm

dude you got banned? that's so lame...

as far as Starry... not sure. but he does get "Warned" a lot.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:07 pm

yeah. I read it and I did kind of have a "okay... wtf no sense bbq???". Then I watched a picture of a bunny with a pancake on his head and it made me understand it more :)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:07 am

Again no comment.

Have you tried to do a back flip while sitting perfectly still?
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “New Members”