...'lo! =^_^=

Are you new to the forums? Come and introduce yourself here then!

Moderator: Moderator Team

lilyWhite
Red Jelly

...'lo! =^_^=

Postby lilyWhite » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:00 am

Always good to start off with the introduction thread, so let's go. I'm Lily, I'm Canadian (and an unapologetic poutine eater...okay, I am sorry for that), I write stuff occasionally, and I play way too many RPGs. Final Fantasy, BioWare stuff, random JRPGs no one's ever heard of, some little series called Lufia... ;3

Anyway, I shall proceed to describe Lufia memories that may bring either amusement or facepalms.

• My opinion of Aguro started off as "doofus" and grew to "man who can punch anything in the face, even monsters that don't actually have faces".
  • "To New Lands" is the best ship music in any JRPG ever.
  • I can't remember the last time I had Lufia do anything that wasn't "electric death" in battle.
  • "Seirein" is the best typo ever.
  • I once had this thought of "Tia and the Rise of the Sinistrals", which had Tia as the main character of Lufia II instead. There was also "Dekar II: Dekar of the Dekar" in which every party member was replaced by Dekar. I don't know which is worse.
  • I got the Alumina Sword in my first time playing The Legend Returns.
  • The moment I was sold on The Legend Returns was when Deckard showed up, and my heart leapt in joy with the thought of "there's two idiot heroes in this game!"
  • Every time I play Ruins of Lore, I catch a Lion. It never gets evolved. Its name stays as "Aslan".
  • The first monster I used seriously when playing was (I think) a King Lizard. It hit hard but was very squishy. I named it "Randolph".
  • I always thought "Gades" rhymed with Hades, so when Curse of the Sinistrals said it like "Gah-dess", I laughed.
  • Tia > Selan. X3

Terry93D
Villager

Re: ...'lo! =^_^=

Postby Terry93D » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 am

Hello! Welcome to Lufia World. I am Terry93D, a human being residing on the planet Earth, sometimes known as Terra or Gaia, and intergalactically known as Gilp 3. I'm American, though you wouldn't guess it from my accent (too many British tv shows) and I am a writer and composer. I also play video games and listen to soundtracks. I've essentially a Lufia music fan as I've never played the game. Any of them.

"To New Lands"? I've never heard this track title. Do you perhaps mean "To Those of Azure Skies" from Lufia II or "To a New World" from Lufia - oh. Never mind.

That's how Gades is pronounced? Gah-dess? I though it was Gah-deez. And you seem to have pronounced it Gay-deez. I'll bet there's more beyond that, too. We could start a club: the Gades Mispronouncers.

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:51 am

Hello lilyWhite! Welcome to the greatest forum!

Quick introduction: Shade-Duelist, strongest Duelist in the world, 30yo Belgian woman, writer of silly stuff, obsessed with Dekar (for reasons beyond anyone's comprehension), played Lufia I (loved Aguro and his snark), played Lufia II (loved Dekar for being an idiot), played Lufia DS (loved Dekar for having pink hair and rocking it), am maybe going to play Lufia RoL (why? No reason! Though I heard it has its redeeming features such as Dekar but ehehe let's not go into that).

Your progression of opinion about Aguro is basically the same as mine.

I would like to join the 'Gades Mispronouncers', please. I've mispronounced it as Gah-duss (à la Dutch) all my life. But to be honest, I think the only Sinistral that's safe against mispronunciation is Daos, that seems to be pretty universal. (Amon = 'Ah-mohn', Erim = 'Ey-rim')
Strongest Duelist in the world! *cue music*

The second thing I'm best at is writing! Hah, check it out!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:25 am

Heya, welcome! I have two unmentioned pronunciations. First of all, I pronounce Gades as in rhyming with blades. And: not even Daos is safe! I rhyme Daos with chaos! (I believe it's actually Dah-os and not Day-os?)
Oh, and how about Artea? I say ARE-tay-ah, but sometimes I wonder if it's actually ARE-tea-ah. Or Are-TEA-ah. Or ARE-tea. I should really get on with my Lufia DS playthrough and find out.
OH! And Sinistrals! I always said SIN-istrals (like sinister), and now suddenly I'm supposed to say sin-IS-trals? My childhood is turned upside down by this game.

Anyway! Welcome to Lufia World, it's nice to see new people flocking in here! I love the idea for Dekar II: Dekar of the Dekar. I say someone should make a patch.
Oh and you said you write occasionally...? You wouldn't happen to be interested in our RP, would you? :D

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Hey, it's a familiar name =P
Welcome to the forum!

(PS I can't find your fanfic anymore?)

Guard Daos wrote:Oh, and how about Artea? I say ARE-tay-ah, but sometimes I wonder if it's actually ARE-tea-ah. Or Are-TEA-ah. Or ARE-tea. I should really get on with my Lufia DS playthrough and find out.

Going by the Japanese name his name is pronounced Arty. Artea is never pronounced in game.
And just when I think they finally settled with one spelling of Artea's name (he was also called Arty/Artia in Lufia II/TLR)... Milka calls Artea "Arty"! So I just gave up on Artea's english pronunciation. (context: She calls him Arty once or twice while she's scared. In the Japanese version she normally calls him Artea-sama, but in that scene she called him something else (Artea-chan?) not sure, so I'll have to check it)
One of Natsume's staff pronounced it Are-tea-ah, if that helps.

Guard Daos wrote:Anyway! Welcome to Lufia World, it's nice to see new people flocking in here! I love the idea for Dekar II: Dekar of the Dekar. I say someone should make a patch.

There's a patch that makes all party members look like Maxim =P
I remember there's also a patch that changes Maxim's sprite into Dekar.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

So if we combine the two...!

Terry93D
Villager

Postby Terry93D » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:41 pm

I always thought Daos rhymed with Tao, except with an N. I thought it was a single-syllable word!

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Guard Daos wrote:So if we combine the two...!

I like the way your mind works... and SinReVi's, too, 'course... :mrgreen:

Terry93D wrote:I always thought Daos rhymed with Tao, except with an N. I thought it was a single-syllable word!

Waaaaaait... I... confused now. :shock:

Ahem...
Shade's Mispronunciations:
Dekar = 'DAY-car'
Selan = 'SAY-lahn'
Guy = 'CHI' (à la French)
Artea = 'are-TAY-ah'
Gades = 'GAH-duss'
Amon = 'AH-mon'
Erim= 'EY-rim'
(basically I pronounce everything the Dutch way :wink: which, considering the fact that I live in Belgium, isn't that odd...)

Terry93D
Villager

Postby Terry93D » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Shade-Duelist of the Dueling Shades wrote:
Terry93D aka That One Over There wrote:I always thought Daos rhymed with Tao, except with an N. I thought it was a single-syllable word!

Waaaaaait... I... confused now. :shock:

I mean D, not N. xp

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:08 am

I think that's only possible if the rom gets hard-patched?
(even then I don't know if it will only change the real Maxim into Dekar, or every other character as well?)
Guess I'll give it a try later =P

Now I feel like messing around with roms again =P

Attempt at Lufia II: Sinistral version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KOtBWq5p68 (this rom was unfortunately lost because of a laptop crash)
Attempt at Lufia I: Sinistral version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MgNig4WEM (also lost)

Gades: VS Lizard Man: https://youtu.be/NM0jK7Ac4Qg
Gades VS Maxim: https://youtu.be/j6TK4ZfvUl8?list=PLE01F24FCB97C2239
The last two are from a different ROM that I still have now... but I used it for more random stuff, like inserting Lufia I sprites in the game https://youtu.be/JRd34t10xQQ

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 am

SinReVi wrote:

I think that's only possible if the rom gets hard-patched?
(even then I don't know if it will only change the real Maxim into Dekar, or every other character as well?)
Guess I'll give it a try later =P

...And here I was, thinking you couldn't possibly be cooler, and then you prove me wrong. Go for iiiiiit go for iiiiiit. I'd play the hell out of that! :wink:

SinReVi wrote:Attempt at Lufia II: Sinistral version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KOtBWq5p68 (this rom was unfortunately lost because of a laptop crash)
Attempt at Lufia I: Sinistral version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4MgNig4WEM (also lost)

Gades: VS Lizard Man: https://youtu.be/NM0jK7Ac4Qg
Gades VS Maxim: https://youtu.be/j6TK4ZfvUl8?list=PLE01F24FCB97C2239
The last two are from a different ROM that I still have now... but I used it for more random stuff, like inserting Lufia I sprites in the game https://youtu.be/JRd34t10xQQ

:mrgreen: I think I may have just laughed loud enough to wake up the entire neighborhood...

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Combining the two patches into one rom didn't work out (stucked with only Maxim clones =P)
I'll try making a patch of my own =P (I don't know how to change palettes, so Guy will probably look like a golden Dekar)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:47 pm

You can make patches? Wow, I didn't know that!

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:09 pm

SinReVi wrote:(I don't know how to change palettes, so Guy will probably look like a golden Dekar)

:lol: Oh hell yes!! :roll:

I am forever in awe of you. And of lilyWhite, of course, for that most excellent idea. Not biased at all nope no, and what is this obsession you speak of?!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:25 pm

A little preview...
Instead of changing only the team into Dekar... I thought doing this was funnier =P *has been copy-pasting Dekars for a couple of hours*
I'll open a new topic later=P

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “New Members”