Deem Bristow, voice of Dr. Eggman, dies.

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Deem Bristow, voice of Dr. Eggman, dies.

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:25 pm

(Post copied word for word from http://www.ancientcave.com/forum/index. ... wtopic=114 )

This will probably be pointless to you all, but the Sonic The Hedgehog series is one of those, along with Lufia, holds a place in my gaming heart. Read if you'd like.

I just learned this from looking at the Sonic Heroes GameFAQs board I found a topic regarding the death of Dr. Eggman voice actor Deem Bristow. He died on January 15th, 2005 at a singles dance, when he collapsed and died upon arrival to hospital.

The following was an e-mail sent to one of Deem's fans by the voice actor for Sonic, Ryan Drummond. (Do note for all of you that are familiar with the names of the voice actors for STH, the name Jen is not to be mistaken for the voice actor of the same name.)

Ryan Drummond wrote:Hey Jen,
Ryan here. How are you, my dear? Listen, we've had a tragedy over here in SoCal, and you're the first "fan"-type person I've let know about it. DEEM BRISTOW, voice of Dr. Robotnik, your favorite, my friend and co-worker, sadly died last Saturday night. Here is the copy from the E-card I got from Lani Minella:

"It is with great sorrow and shock that I tell you about a great loss. Deem Bristow passed away last night (1/15/05), collapsing at a singles dance and dying shortly thereafter at Sharp hospital. His mother says he loved the beach and California so much, he will probably be "buried at sea." An autopsy is being done and he was an organ donor so just his corneas and some bone and tissue will be taken to help others. His mother, Peg, will try and let me know what we might be able to do for her and I will pass on information once I have it. We will miss Deem very much and this was a devasting shock. Feel free to contact me if you have any ideas about a tribute or something we can do."

So there you have it. The funeral is Saturday monrning, the 22nd, at 11am (P.S.T.). That might be when you're reading this. I'll be there passing on my respects, please feel free to attend in spirit from wherever you are. Could you do me a favor? I haven't put anything out to any of the SONIC sites about this. Do you think you could spread the word in the SONIC community for me? Just post a little something (feel free to cut and paste from this email if you want) and tell everyone to "pass it on". Deem was so great as the voice of Eggman, and I know alot of fans will be saddened to hear that we won't be hearing his great voice again. Play a round of your favorite Sonic game in his honor today!

Love and respect,
Ryan Drummond

Oddly enough, I had only bought Sonic Heroes yesterday, and the only game I had completely finished, emeralds and all, was Sonic Advance 3. I'll be playing SH in his rememberance.

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:49 pm

I heard about it around 15-30 January.
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:58 pm

It was January 15th that he died, just as the message from Ryan states.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:26 pm

This is sad news. :(

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:05 am

Doesn't it make you wonder who Ryan Dru... er... Sonic... is going to fight now?

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:14 pm

somebody that can imitate Deem Bristows voice?
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:55 pm

Sonic fighting a voice actor?
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:25 pm

Bah, you know what I mean. Maybe they'll make a new villan in an upcoming Sonic while they search for a new Eggman VA? (Finding someone as good as Deem was will be very hard to do)

Return to “General Gaming”