Zelda: Minish Cap

Discuss anything related to the Zelda games.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:03 pm

I still need to defeat that Vaati :twisted:
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:12 pm

Vaati isn't all that hard once you know how to do it. The final phase isn't very hard at all. The real trick is getting through those darn darknuts. (You don't have to worry about the third chime ever sounding, because the first and second chimes are event-driven. The Golden Rule in Zelda games is that if there is no on-screen timer, you're free to do whatever.)

Anyways... Once you're through the darknuts, you'll have to face off against three forms of Vaati.

In his first form, four eyeball-like creatures will surround him. It's as simple as taking them out with your sword and then wailing away on him. Once you're about halfway, he'll enshroud the the eyeballs in a "dark shield." Use the gust jar to pull them off and take them out as usual. Just watch out for fireballs and lasers coming from the eyes.

In his second form, Vaati will looke more four-swords/adventures like. Eight orbs will surround him. Hitting one with an arrow will flip it over, changing its colour to either red or blue. Red is what you want, and all four reds will be grouped together on one side. Once you've uncovered the four reds, charge up your split guage and create your four copies so that they line up with the red orbs. Walk up to vaati and strike the red orbs with all your links, then when the orbs disappear cancel out and smack him a few times with your sword. Rinse, repeat as needed. He will get faster over the course of the battle and you will need patience.

Head back out to the altar, and use the Four Sword's special beam (charging up the spin attack and releasing) on Zelda. The castle will start to crumble. At the end of this cutscene, you'll find yourself back at the entrance. Head down to the sanctuary (heal up using the pots in the room south of the courtyard) and then head into it. Vaati will interrupt and the final battle will begin.

For the first part, equip both the Four Sword and the Cane of Pacci. When Vaati puts one arm into the ground, shoot it with the cane to flip it over. Shrink yourself via the minish portal when safe to do so and enter the arm. Look for the eyeball with the bright red pupil and whack him a few times with your sword to destroy the arm. Do the same with the other one, except that the inside of the second arm will be dark. (Equip the flame lantern) Now, see the glowing tiles at the bottom of the platform? It's Four Links time! Charge up your split guage and step over three of the panels. After Vaati is done shooting electric charges at you, step on the fourth one and line yourself up with the four small eyes in front of him. If they turn blue, they'll soon shoot electric charges that you'll have to hit back with your sword. (Rapidly tap your sword button to make it easier) If you hit all four, Vaati will be disabled and you can smack him a bunch of times with your sword. If the eyes don't turn blue and he starts with the electric charges again, cancel your three doppledangers to make it easier to dodge. Repeat this a few times and you will have beaten Minish Cap.

Oh, and for this battle I suggest having at least 15 hearts and three bottles full of Lon Lon Milk. (Allowing for up to 30 hearts recovery) When I beat him I had 17 hearts and 3 bottles of LLM. And a tip: At the very beginning when you have to make it to the altar, you can simply jump over the flail guy and go right into the next room.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:29 pm

>> You don't have to worry about the third chime ever sounding

Um... the third chime does ring. It happened to me... "Game Over"! :(

(I wasn't being particularly quick...) ;)

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:06 pm

It did? I swear I took at least two to three minutes to get the darknuts and it never happened.

The trick with the darknuts is to get an advantageous point. Equip your sword and roc's cape and jump behind them. At least one of them should make a pose like they're ready to strike. When you land, quickly slash em. It works about 90% of the time. ;)

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:55 pm

The cape? Genius! And there was me running around them like a moron in my boots! ;)

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:19 pm

Another strategy works if you have the remote bombs. Set one down and blow it up when they get close. It'll knock them back and stun them for a VERY short time. Use this time to get a hit or two in.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:08 pm

I already know about the cape and remote bombs.

I guess I'll do another try tonight .

~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:16 pm

Finished it today :D

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:34 am

Congrats!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:27 am

I think I am gonna continue with Wind Waker now.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:52 pm

I finished MC a while back ago, and I only finished WW a couple of weeks ago. Once you get through the first part of the final battles, it's as easy as cake.

amza
Red Jelly

Postby amza » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:00 pm

were do u get the digging glove
hahahahaha i am betta than all of u

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:12 pm

Mole Mitts come in Level 3. (Wind Ruins)

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:01 pm

i just beaten this game today and it is a good game but. i didnt like it that much for some reason. 7/10

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:17 pm

This game is too short.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Zelda”