How the Game Begins

Discuss NeoGades' cancelled MMO Lufia fan game.

Moderators: PsiCop, NeoGades, Moderator Team

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

How the Game Begins

Postby PsiCop » Fri May 13, 2005 4:22 am

I just thought I'd talk a little bit about the start of the game.

It starts off with you choosing your race (Human, Elf, or Monster) and then choosing your character's class and appearance. The game will begin with a small cutscene and then the player will, for the first time, be thrust into a massively multiplayer Lufia experience.

From that point, each of the three races will start in a different area of the world and have a different beginning to their game. To put it in a nut shell, the player will be initiated into the game world by the means of a couple tutorials by NPCs (non-player characters). From there, they may have the choice of a couple of small quests to get them used to combat and how the dungeons work. Each race's beginning is different. The Humans start in a city, the Elf players start in one of their settlements, and the Monsters begin their journey in a cave, populated with rabbles of other monsters. The player will learn their race's point of view on the world and also what is expected of them. The Elves, for example, must always be honorable and compassionate... However, there's always cases where one of their own may decide to join forces with another race, such as the monsters... It depends on the player really. After the initial tutorials and intros, the player is then free to do whatever they like. If they want to be an honorable Elf, defending justice and honor in the world, that's great. There's plenty of amazing quests that can await them. However, if they turn from that path, many other unique quests may become available. Perhaps ones that are usually only done by monsters, or special and unique ones that are made specifically for the Elves that turn.

Of course, this may make the game seem very race oriented. However, the lines between the races will become blurred and there are some towns and settlements where peaceful Monsters, Humans, and Elves can interact and form mixed parties should they choose.
Dekar rules!

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sat May 14, 2005 4:59 pm

Are you going to need any help with the starting scenarios?

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sat May 14, 2005 10:43 pm

Oh yes. We're still in need of writers and map builders.
Dekar rules!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun May 15, 2005 2:40 pm

I'm glad that this topic is here. Now I know better what direction the story should go in.

Return to “Resurrection: Multiplayer Lufia Game”