Story submissions

Discuss NeoGades' cancelled MMO Lufia fan game.

Moderators: PsiCop, NeoGades, Moderator Team

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Story submissions

Postby Guard Daos » Wed May 11, 2005 8:15 pm

Rather than having the story submissions scattered between other posts, it'd be better to have a seperate topic, like the graphic submissions.

Introduction

For years, different races have always existed together:
Elves, humans, monsters, Sinistrals… all with fates, which appear to be different.
Some are sworn enemies, while others are claimed allies.
And yet all are bound together by an unknown power.
There are few who know of this power, but it greatly affects life, for the races cannot live together without it.
Therefore, the power is protected by powerful ancient magic. The holy guardians have given this protection.
But during each Doom Island War, the power staggered. Slowly, the power is becoming in danger.
This is already starting to affect the world: some races are gradually decreasing in number, while others grow.
Fortunately, there are still descendants left of the guardians. They are fated to strengthen the protection of this world.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed May 11, 2005 8:39 pm

Here are some ideas for the beginning of the game. I've left out names, because I'm rubbish at making up names. Any suggestions, please tell me.
Also, I don't think I'm going to make text for NPC's that you just meet in town, ya know, the casual talk. I'm doing the serious dialogues :mrgreen:

I'll call the name of the character you control Person, for now.

---

-Human character-

*game starts with flashes of the past Doom Island Wars*

*the last is a picture of the Dual Blade*

Dude: Hey! Are you listening to me?
Person: Sorry... I had... a vision...
Dude: Huh?
Person: Sorry. What were you saying?
Dude: Well, there are rumors that monsters have appeared near town. Big monsters, I tell you. You want to watch out when you're walking around!
Person: Really? I thought there were only monsters far away from here. Not in this area.
Dude: That's what people thought, but they're appearing here now. And there's supposed to have been some attacks already lately.
Person: Gee... I need to work up some fighting skills...

*man walks towards them*

Man: Do you wish to learn how to fight?
Person: Who are you?
Man: I am Man. I can teach you some skills. It is definitely useful to learn to defend yourself, especially in these tides...
Person: Is the rumor true then? Monsters really have started appearing more frequently?
Man: It would appear so. Well then, what do you think?
Person: Well... yeah, I'd like to. But why do you want to teach me?
Man: I will meet you out in the back then.
*walks away*

---

Oops! I just realised... the start of an MMORPG may be different than an RPG... I hope it doesn't mean that this can't be used for it. Ah well, at least I've done some writing. Just tell me what you think of it.

NeoGades
Soldier

Postby NeoGades » Wed May 11, 2005 8:47 pm

Very good. Even though the game is a MMORPG, the game will still be played like a singleplayer and you don't even have to team up or talk to other players if you don't want to. There will be plenty of cutscenes, dialogs, and quests which makes you almost forget you're not the only player in a massive size world.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Thu May 12, 2005 3:08 am

Even being an MMO, it'll still start similar to a single player RPG. We'll give some tutorials on how the game works at the beginning (while incorporating a bit of story), and then set them off to do what they like.
Dekar rules!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu May 12, 2005 2:48 pm

Phew. *wipes sweat from his forhead* ^_^

Ok then. It's a pity I've never played an MMORPG.

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sat May 14, 2005 5:07 pm

It's also a possibility to have a SLIGHTLY different beggining for each class. ie, you pick your class and character at the begining and like, a mage class would have that begining while maybe a knight would have one where he started out in training or something like that.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sat May 14, 2005 10:45 pm

It's possible. We'll have to wait and see what works out the best.
Dekar rules!

Return to “Resurrection: Multiplayer Lufia Game”