gay rights.

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

gay rights.

Postby maxim6221 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:40 pm

The thing I don't get is how come don't gay people have a right just like str8 peole. I mean isn't the law and the bible suppose to not cross eachother cuz thats all it seems like Bush is doing. To me it just seems like thw white house is using personal opions over what they really should use. Not only are gay people not allowed to be married unfairly also alot of Gay people are discrimanated especialy in Georgia where I live. There harassed and even beaten up but the public doesn't do anything about it. I'm sure if you were to ask the government they'd tell you "Oh no we treat everyone equel" but that's a load of crap. I've seen it happen at school (when i use to go to school)hundreds of times with gay kids getting beat up and the teachers don't even do anything about it. I know gay people that aren't welcomed in church and you see how people make them look bad on TV. Gays are humans too!
Last edited by maxim6221 on Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:44 pm

Heh. Up here, gay marriage is legal. It really doesn't matter to me. Homo/bi/a/transexuals are just like us straight people, at least in my point of view.

WindChildFuko
Hero of the Lufians

Postby WindChildFuko » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:12 am

Well I guess I wont get any debate over gay rights.
"God Bless America" doesn't mean "God damn everyone else."

The world is my country and to do good is my religion.

Killing one man is murder. Killing 100,000 men is foreign policy.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:44 am

Gay rights is a big issue. Here in the American South, gays and bisexuals are discriminated against ruthlessly. It'd be nice to live in a place like Canada where everyone is treated fairly.
Dekar rules!

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:15 am

PsiCop wrote:Gay rights is a big issue. Here in the American South, gays and bisexuals are discriminated against ruthlessly. It'd be nice to live in a place like Canada where everyone is treated fairly.

Canada is perfect and it always will be, that's just how it is. >.>

My area, Virginia Beach, there isn't much a "gay-bashing" problem. People usually don't care. In my school there is something called, and this is serious, The Gay Straight alliance. Basically it's for people to understand people differences. Everyone laughed when they heard about it, and even I did. But now that been one year and it seems that it was a great idea. I think it really started after my school had a "lesbian problem". All other school in our area had hand-outs passed out to parents about girl having sex in the bathroom. But no one in our school hear anything about it. Seems teacher were going around often to clear out people if there were more than two people in a bathroom. All in all the club has worked out and really help lower tension in my school. I actually I might join it. I don't see a reason for people not to have rights because they're gay.

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:53 pm

Same here. About gays being misstreated like, beat up and stuff, at my school at least it doesn't happen. I do hate that America's all about equallity when it obviously isn't.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:00 am

Wow.....you all hit the nail on the head. Nothing else to add. ^__^

RJL
Hero of the Lufians

Postby RJL » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:10 am

I live in Canada (P.E.I) and we used to one a favorite place to travel but because we allow gay marrige now we when down alot. I don't care about that but why do people hat gay marrige so much?
I was not parenoyed until you where all against me

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:08 pm

RJL, because they're close-minded Christian Conservatives. No offense, but after living down here for so long, I've become a little bitter on the subject.

As far as gay-straight alliances, there's thousands of them across the country. They were pioneered in the 90s, and quickly became widespread.
Dekar rules!

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:16 pm

About the close mindedness, thats about right. And you know, you'd think the president would have to follow the constitution being the president and all. "All men are created equal" shouldn't he be following that?

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:30 pm

The president? Follow the Constitution???

...That'll be the day.
Dekar rules!

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:29 pm

*sighs* Yeah...I know...

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”