Pokemon ~ In General

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:48 am

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary wrote:Yep, deep down the original Pokémon games were very glitchy.

Hence how you could get a legal, non-'Sharked Mew in Pokemon Yellow in-game, w/out a download from Nintendo. ^.^

And we all remember Glitch City in Yellow...

Eikaridu
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Eikaridu » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:25 am

Yup... That and also the game freezing on ya when you reach some boundry in the Glitch City, meaning you went too far and having to turn off the GB and turn it on again, unsure of if it has affected the save file or not... >_>;

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:49 pm

Usually if a game just freezes it doesn't affect the file. It's usually only if you remove the cart while the system is on or if you remove it/turn the system off during a save or load.

Eikaridu
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Eikaridu » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:28 am

Hmmmm..... Right now I'm at Pyrite City on Pokémon Colloseum and my team's at levels 42-43. I was wondering if I should beat all the trainers that have gotten stronger inside the old building and cave or should I go down a floor with the lift key and kick some Cipher ass and find some more shadow Pokémon instead? I don't wanna end up getting over powered and I was just wondering... Any suggestions would be nice...

Blanck
Knight

Postby Blanck » Sun May 07, 2006 12:18 pm

Pokemon fire red and leaf green are the same as red and blue, Just more Pokemon, it's got some better graphics but that's all.

There is no point in buying it, I think

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Sun May 07, 2006 5:41 pm

wtf is Glitch city, and im surprised to see a pokemon post here.
lets put it like this.. i like the pokemon games, i hate the series... and yea i download Roms from the internet to be able to play the newest pokemon games on my pc ... -.- on VisualBoyAdvanced.
I used to be intelligent, education ruined me.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:59 pm

I think this topic should be revived... now that Pokemon Pearl and Diamond are on their way!

I'm really looking forward to these games. I've always wanted to play Pokemon online. And it shall be possible!
For those that haven't heard, the games will be Wi-Fi compatible, allowing you to trade with and battle other people! And I've heard you'll be able to chat with each other using the microphone!

You can also, of course, trade and fight with each other via wireless mode. You can even trade Pokemon with Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald by inserting it in the GBA slot of the DS with Pearl or Diamond!

I haven't heard much about the Single player mode yet.

I'm really excited about the games!

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Online pokemon.. that would be great, yet... There have already been an online pokemon. One where you could control ash (was on the pc) with the arrow keys, walk on a path, go into the grass and actually aim a pokeball.
also in fights, you actually have to control the pokemon your using.

Only thing I have played from this was the demo, but it was fun.. hard but fun.

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:08 pm

Guard Daos wrote:I think this topic should be revived... now that Pokemon Pearl and Diamond are on their way!

I'm really looking forward to these games. I've always wanted to play Pokemon online. And it shall be possible!
For those that haven't heard, the games will be Wi-Fi compatible, allowing you to trade with and battle other people! And I've heard you'll be able to chat with each other using the microphone!

You can also, of course, trade and fight with each other via wireless mode. You can even trade Pokemon with Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald by inserting it in the GBA slot of the DS with Pearl or Diamond!

I haven't heard much about the Single player mode yet.

I'm really excited about the games!

Though I don't play pokemon anymore, the concept of playing online is something that I think the series has needed for a while, playing with a link up cable is one of the most fun experiences of n my childhood. Nothing better than a summer afternoon of sitting in the shade and playing pokemon on a link up cable ^^

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:22 pm

Link cables... it feels so long ago since I last used one (what with the DS and PSP being wireless now). But yes, Pokemon multiplayer was good fun here too. :)

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:42 pm

Chris, tell me.... why wont you end my dual? I mean, you keep posting, and I post right after you, asking you to end my dual.. but you just wont.. why not?

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:59 pm

Chris wrote:Link cables... it feels so long ago since I last used one (what with the DS and PSP being wireless now). But yes, Pokemon multiplayer was good fun here too. :)

It was fun everywhere, many fun memories of riding my bike to my friend's house and to their friend's houses to battle. Even played random people up at the comic shop for fun.

Spiritual Me wrote:Chris, tell me.... why wont you end my dual? I mean, you keep posting, and I post right after you, asking you to end my dual.. but you just wont.. why not?

Not the right place to discuss that.

Cookie
Red Jelly

Postby Cookie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:00 pm

Well I guess the main thing they should improve on in the gameboy series are the attacks. I mean you can only have four! Well I don't mind it too much the main point is that you have to teach some pokemon how to use "cut/flash/surf/strength" etc... I mean it's cool that they can use it, but I would rather have unique items that can do that. I guess anything new would be great really, I mean they did balance some pokemon.

I know someone already said this previously, but I thought I would share my input (XD).

Fantasy: Pokemon like street fighter? I mean think about it... if they took like 50 years to make it, it would be an awesome game.. however it will NEVER happen. lol
Never argue with an idiot.. they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience! Everyone has potential! Use it :D
ImageImage

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:59 am

Or, a pokemon that is more like Super mario smash bros, but instead of having random attacks, you can pick your own attacks.. your pokemon can lvl up, learn new stuff, get stronger.

You must lvl your pokemon to a certain lvl to beat some stuff, or even fight some bosses, like.. having a lvl lock on them.

Of course this should only be with pokemon, and your pokemon should be able to evolve... or not, what you like.. so you can choose from power, or speed.

Of course, every lvl your speed raises, and so does your power, so lvl 99 fully evolved and lvl 99 non evolved shouldnt make alot of a difference, except for the attacks..

Ya, this would be great... I would be one of the first to buy a game like this, even if it IS pokemon... would be addictive.

Sinkaku
Red Jelly

Postby Sinkaku » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:31 am

They should make a revamped yellow version, more true to the original series.
He who is one with the wind is one with eternity

Return to “General Gaming”