Best Final Fantasy Game

Talk about anything relating to the Final Fantasy games here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Sat May 06, 2006 4:04 pm

cas, start playing Final Fantasy 7 i borrowed you, AND i can borrow you FFX and FFX-2, i can ensure you that you will forget about FF 9... i find it a lame, slow, boring story.. and i played 6 7 8 9 10 10-2 so i can know >.>

and i like FF 7 and FF X the best, shared positions
FFX-2 comes after
then comes FF 8
FF 6
FF 9
well that i dont like FF 6 as much as others might be cuz i prefer 3D, and, AND! that one day i fell off the stairs with the game in my hand cuz i was in a rush of playing it.. and it broke into half -.- i wasnt that far yet... i just got that... weird wild kid. (Gau)
Too bad that i never got Relm, i was really looking forward to using that char and, Terra didnt morph yet at where i got... at least i think she didnt, does her look change?
i DID like Sabins "Blitz" i used Blitz i wasnt supposed to use yet, i looked up cheats on the internet about how to use em /gg :P

edit: i never got that far on FF 9, i played it for about 4 hours and thought that it was lame, no story yet at all... after FOUR hours, on FF7 theres a nice opening, and same on FFX .. god i liked FFX from the start!!! starts with a game of BlitzBall and Sin attacking and like.. wtf? Auron showing up, hes cool. edit2: And strong >.<
I used to be intelligent, education ruined me.

Blanck
Knight

Postby Blanck » Sun May 07, 2006 2:26 pm

FF( has a GREAT story and FFX is more like a movie than a game :S
I can't play FF7 I borrowed from u cuz I dun got a ps1 cable (I lost it)
If I can play FF7 again I certainly will :p
Failing while trying to kill yourself is like failing at failing.

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Sun May 07, 2006 6:27 pm

you can play FF7 on the ps2 .. since its an original game, and also.. you can use a ps1 memory card to save it.
and whats so bad about a movie? XD FFX is an interactive movie, and if you ask me.. thats the best thing they have ever done.

TheWhiteFox
Red Jelly

Postby TheWhiteFox » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:02 pm

7, or ten. I like seven but the graphics are really bad. If they remade it, it would be really good. I havn't played it for about 8 years but I liked it when I did play it.

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:21 pm

omfg :P if they remake 7 with the graphics of 10, or 12, or any good graphics, then 7 would definetly be the best, but im looking at the games in total, storyline, graphics, characters. That makes it a tie between 7 and 10 to me.

I also played 6, and cant say that i thought that it was that amazing. I mean, the blitz thing was funny, and sketch, even tho i never got sketch.. T.T (fell down the stairs with the game in my hand, it broke in 2)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:50 pm

but im looking at the games in total, storyline, graphics, characters.

So you don't look at gameplay :?
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Mortanius
Villager

Postby Mortanius » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:09 pm

I enjoyed FFX...the plot was awesome and not to mention the graphics

Angelus
Knight

Postby Angelus » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:12 am

I think 6, 5, and 4 were the best ones. 7 was the best 3D one.
All your base are belong to us.

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:06 pm

Spiritul, Fox, I official have lost all respect for you two...saying FFVII OR X is best is bad enough, but you both like those two BEST? Both are so overrated, VII was fine, but not great, but X was horrible. The story, graphics, and some of the music were the only good parts. The gameplay, battles, characters, all that other stuff phailed.

Mortanius
Villager

Postby Mortanius » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:24 am

heh...Idk. I'm going to try beating ALL of the FF games to see what ones the best. I agree though....I played some of FFVII....definitly overrated. X however I think is awesome. Maybe not the best since I havn't played them all but it was still a good game.

lufiamanaelf
Arek's Apprentice

Postby lufiamanaelf » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:11 pm

Ugh, I hated X so much. I got to the end cause I mean, why not finish it, I bought it, but then I lost it right before the final boss. I mean, I would've liked to see the ending at least for the music, but I didn't really have high hopes for it. VII I like, but is SO overrated. The first disk is good, but the rest is just lame.

jumpgo692003
Red Jelly

Best FF game

Postby jumpgo692003 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:46 am

I am chiming in because FF is my favorite RPG series EVER!

I have played the original FF , FF2 (jap) on the PC via translated ROM, FF3 (jap), all which are NES games. FF was the pioneer and I thought it was a very fun game. The graphics suck but so did any game Nintendo introduced for that 8 bit system. FF2 introduced the job classes (sorry for those who thought that FF5 did, and so it gave a bit more to the game than just new scenery, same situation. FF3 I didnt play all the way through but if I recall right it still had classes, just new chars and scenery.

Overall FFI would win out of the NES group because it started it all and is still a fun game today.

I have also played FF2*/FF4, FF3*/FF6 for the SNES and personally I thought they were both great games. I do prefer FF3 because the graphics did improve and the storyline as well. * = american title

I have also played FF7 on both PC and PS2 and the PC version I loved so much that I rank it #1 over all FF games EVER but the PS2 version was very blotchy and really takes away from the game. I did not like FF8-9 at all as they left FF forever with the direction they are going. I dont play FF hoping to get into a Pokemon challenge for some useless cards and I surely dont care for extremely long cinematics. I just think after 7, the direction they took isnt appealing.

I have also played the online FF as I wanted to know what type of game it would be and if its great,....heck I will be a client from here until eternity as content would constantly be added (its a never ending FF saga). Sadly though, after playing for 2 months I really felt that it is just not FF at all anymore. I cant even explain it because the graphics are fantastic and it is definitely challenging but there is no real goal,........only small quests you can endlessly fulfill.

1. FF VII (only PC)
2. FF 3 (some refer to as 6 but that is really the japanese version)
3. FF 1
4. FF 2 (some refer to as 4 but that is really the japanese version)

*5 isnt ranked because truthfully, I have the rom and played a few minutes of it but then I put it down as I was really involved with UO (ultima online) and then just never went back to it.

Lavinseer
Red Jelly

Postby Lavinseer » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:37 pm

In all honesty I've played all of the games to date and the main reasons i like them are because of three main factors: Story, Characters/Character Development, and Game play. So I have come to the conclusion of my top four being: Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy IX.

To me the newer games are too flashy, meaning they mainly rely upon the graphics and movie cinemas. I believe they don't put all of the heart into the storyline instead they piece together some script they thought of after they fell asleep at their desks. In result of this the worse ones are: X, X-2, & VIII.

Don't get me wrong about VIII though, the story was there but the game play to me just was whacked. I didn't enjoy the fact that the monsters were as strong as you were, as well as you could only hold 99 of one magic spell and to get that you had to draw it from a monster. Plus the fact the GF cinemas were so long. Anyway, there is my two cents.

JDWitchdoctor
Villager

Postby JDWitchdoctor » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 am

I believe my favorite Final Fantasy has to be Final Fantasy IV.

It's character-based plot, enjoyable characters, and, quite frankly, it's impact on me has turned me into a devoted fan.
"Glory is Fleeting, but Obscurity is Forever."

jorj82
Red Jelly

Postby jorj82 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:27 am

it is my firm belief that the original final fantasy was the greatest of the series, the only one they couldn't do without, because without it we wouldn't have any of the others. 1 to 6 were all pretty damn kick ass considering the date and console. but my personal favorite is 8.

Return to “Final Fantasy”