E3 2006

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

E3 2006

Postby PsiCop » Mon May 08, 2006 2:59 am

It's gonna be quite awesome. They do the Sony press conference tomarrow with the Nintendo and Microsoft ones on Tuesday. You can watch them live on Gamespot. I know I will. You'll want to as well. It's when they debut many of their games for the very first time and you can catch it live!

It's gonna be awesome! Anyone else as excited as me?
Dekar rules!

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Mon May 08, 2006 3:29 am

A TV station I get is talking about live footage of the place, I think I'll have it on in the background for fun. Sounds like this year being on TV will be really cool.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue May 09, 2006 2:01 am

I just finished watching the Sony press conference and all I can say is, "WOW!" It's no surprise that I hate Sony with a passion, but the PS3 is going to seriously blow away the competition this generation. This is an almost definite. They even have a similar controller to Nintendo (I think they stole the idea). It comes out in November, and will cost either 500 or 600 dollars. It depends on if you get the one with the 60 gigabyte hard drive or the one with the 20 gigabyte hard drive. That's the only difference. The PS3 is going to be way more powerful than 360, as well.

I saw a couple of games that were really cool. One was a card game that used the eyetoy that had some really really cool effects. Another was a FPS called "Revolution: Fall of Man" (if not that, that's really close to the title of it). The pace was extremely fast and furious. It had the player in the middle of a battle in England in the 1950s, after an alien invasion threatens to wipe out mankind. It looks really intense.

That's the highlights for the Sony conference. I'll talk about the Nintendo and Micro$oft ones tomarrow...
Dekar rules!

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Tue May 09, 2006 3:51 am

There was stuff about FFXIII....I thought XII was gonna be the last one...it's been so long..I remember when I was a little kid watching my bros play the first FF...such a long time ago ^^ Can't wait to see if there's gonna be any info on the new Super Smash bros game for the Revol--Wii...

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue May 09, 2006 5:47 pm

Just saw the Nintendo one. I have to say that this is the best conference that they've ever done. The Wii is really going to deliver. While the PS3 has the graphical might, the Wii really shines with its controller. They showed Zelda being played with it. It looks like it's going to be an awesome Zelda game. Maybe on par with Ocarina of Time in terms of innovation, perhaps even better. They also said they're releasing Wii and Gamecube versions of Zelda, both in Quarter 4 2006, with the launch of Wii. Oh, and I didn't see any Super Smash Brothers, Kei.

Let's see what Microsoft has up their sleeve. They've been my favorite for years, but they got really stiff competition this year.
Dekar rules!

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Wed May 10, 2006 12:04 am

Sounds like Nintendo and Sony have really brought out the big guns this year. I'm sure Microsoft has something big coming. As for the Super Smash Bros, I was told they were working on on for the Revo--Wii -_-;;;; hoping I'll see something about it soon :D

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Wed May 10, 2006 12:42 am

Lol yeah. I'm sure they'll make a new one.

I saw the Microsoft press conference and their big advantage is online capabilities. Their system is also quite strong, and this power was brought out in a few of the games shown. Halo 3 of course was the big one. It looks amazing. Beautiful graphics all rendered in-engine. It's going to involve the Forerunners, the creators of the Halos. It comes out in 2007.

Overall, Sony has the muscle, Microsoft has the online, and Nintendo has the innovation. Good choices. Which do you choose?
Dekar rules!

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Wed May 10, 2006 1:42 am

I'd have to go with Nintendo just because they're just thinking about more than just graphics and games, they're thinking about how you actually playing the game.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Wed May 10, 2006 6:21 pm

True, I think M$ and Sony are really competing for the same audience. However, Nintendo's pulling for a completely new and different type of audience this time.
Dekar rules!

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Thu May 11, 2006 3:34 am

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Thu May 11, 2006 4:29 am

I never really got into SSB.
Dekar rules!

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Thu May 11, 2006 4:57 pm

PsiCop wrote:I never really got into SSB.

T_T You really should give it a try, it's a fun game if you have four people.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Thu May 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Yeah, I bet I'd prolly like it if I played it for a while.
Dekar rules!

Maros
Villager

Postby Maros » Mon May 29, 2006 7:55 am

You know what else is awesome?
ME!!

Fu fu....
SINISTRAL OF FORUM MAYHEM

Return to “General Gaming”