Anyone out there play EarthBound/Zero?

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Minari-naga
Villager

Anyone out there play EarthBound/Zero?

Postby Minari-naga » Sun May 21, 2006 2:23 am

I haven't beat Zero yet, but I'm working on it, and I've played a bit of the Snes.
Those games are so whack. I really like the idea of an rpg set in MODERN times, not in the furuture or medieval times. I also got a kick out of the funny battle music they have for "hippies" and the like. Another favorite was the pizza delivery guy. You're out in the middle of nowhere and he comes to you. :roll:

Angelus
Knight

Postby Angelus » Tue May 23, 2006 1:23 pm

I've beaten Earthbound as many times as I have Lufia 2. I tried playing zero, but it failed to keep my interest, just like Lufia: TROL. I have started both of those so many times.
All your base are belong to us.

Minari-naga
Villager

Postby Minari-naga » Tue May 23, 2006 11:43 pm

Sometimes it's hard for me to play Earthbound because I have this thing about aliens; they just freak me out. So I was going nuts when I was fighting a "StarMan Junior" once...

I need to beat Lufia 2, but I promised myself I wouldn't start it until I beat Lufia 1, and my cartridge is a bit delicate, so I never knew what was going to happen if I shut it off. Or accidentally bumping it would erase every save file. One time I had played it for a good five or six hours, too....

Angelus
Knight

Postby Angelus » Wed May 24, 2006 12:21 am

Thats why we use emulation. It's not illegal if you own the cartridge. You would be the first to actually own the cartridge XD .
All your base are belong to us.

Minari-naga
Villager

Postby Minari-naga » Fri May 26, 2006 2:22 am

Yep; got it for a cool $3.50 off ebay. I later bought the box, map and instructions. My Lufia 2 I need the manual and map. 8)

Return to “General Gaming”