RoTS - Ancient Cave

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

KeiKusanagi
Hero of the Lufians

Postby KeiKusanagi » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:09 pm

RPGMAN1 wrote:I never got below level 20 or so before I got bored and used the providence to escape.

I ALMOST cleared TLR once. I was at level 80 or 90 something, and then I died! I was SO mad!!! :evil:

There's 200 floors to TLR AC >.>

Eikaridu
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Eikaridu » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:25 am

The furthest I've gotten to was floor 83, but got pwned by those damn gold and silver dragons... >_<;

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

bishes

Postby Spiritual Me » Wed May 03, 2006 8:47 pm

i first got to like.. 96, and killing everything was going just fine i was about lvl 75 ish, silver dragons were easy peasy, i had the artea selan guy maxim party... then i got to Gold dragons and they pwned me before i could even kill 1 >.> i was so pissed

today (just now, while reading the forum for tips) i got to 99, then smacked that stupid jelly around, and did 2157 or something like that in 1 attack with some IP, then he said:"I am gone" and that bar steward just left, ima try again later and just kill my own party -.- hope that works on the the dutch version, most likely Dekar will be able to kill all, and then together with some strong spells of selan and maxim.. that will be done in no time :P
at least i hope that i dont get 1 char left >.>

so 99 was the highest i ever got... D= im still mad on that stupid chubby jelly
I used to be intelligent, education ruined me.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu May 04, 2006 5:45 pm

hope that works on the the dutch version

I tried it and it does work in the Dutch version.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Thu May 04, 2006 6:58 pm

hurray =D i'll try again tommorow i guess ^.^

Overlordz
Red Jelly

Postby Overlordz » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:40 am

So I started playing Lufia 2 again, mainly to beat the Ancient Cave because that's the only thing I haven't done.

I went down to B99 twice, the first time I didn't kill the jelly fast enough (I didn't know you had to do this...), second time I beat him, BARELY. (I have Artea instead of Dekar...no 1/2 HP to take off...!)

So all I have left is to get one damn Iris treasure. I've been to B99 twice, been to 30-50 like 5 times, and NOTHING. Arrrrrgh. Is it possible that I could have sold it, fed it or dropped it years back on this save file and now it's just lost, or can it really take this long to get the @#$ thing? I've been opening every chest that I see, and I'm pretty sure I get like 95%+ of them.

Xargon
Red Jelly

Postby Xargon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:11 am

Well you could check that shop at that town that has everything you've sold! Then you'd at least know if you need to keep searching for it?

Are the iris tresures gems like the catfish jewl and the kumu jewl? Cos I found them in the cave, I have also got them by beating the bosses before too!

I never really got past level 30 or something the two times I played it.. never had enought time!
*I doubt you could find a signature more pointless than this!*

Fiction Editor of

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:56 am

Nah, I don't think you can drop or sell them. But yeah, like Xargon said, you can always double-check at Forfeit Island.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:06 pm

No you can't equip the Iris Treasures.

So I started playing Lufia 2 again, mainly to beat the Ancient Cave because that's the only thing I haven't done.

I went down to B99 twice, the first time I didn't kill the jelly fast enough (I didn't know you had to do this...), second time I beat him, BARELY. (I have Artea instead of Dekar...no 1/2 HP to take off...!)

So all I have left is to get one damn Iris treasure. I've been to B99 twice, been to 30-50 like 5 times, and NOTHING. Arrrrrgh. Is it possible that I could have sold it, fed it or dropped it years back on this save file and now it's just lost, or can it really take this long to get the @#$ thing? I've been opening every chest that I see, and I'm pretty sure I get like 95%+ of them.

You are not able to sell or feed the Iris Treasures!
Hmm, you have defeated the jelly. The Jelly is a treasure too. If you go to the display lady, she'll put it in the last spot.

If you already have the Jelly there, I guess you're just having bad luck. (It took me ages to get my last treasure)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Xargon
Red Jelly

Postby Xargon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:23 pm

So umm.. what are the iris treasure then? If you can't equip them then can you use them in battle like a boomerange?

Fiction Editor of

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:30 pm

Nope. The only use of the Iris treasures is that you are proud of having done such a difficult job!

Xargon
Red Jelly

Postby Xargon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:16 pm

Oh. I see! Well I worry about them next time I get exceptionally bored!

Fiction Editor of

Overlordz
Red Jelly

Postby Overlordz » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:14 am

Yeah, the only reason you'd get them is if you're obsessive like me and want to have the game COMPLETED in every way possible.

And I FINALLY did it after at least a couple hundred more levels, this time I was all the way down to 90 and gonna see if I could fight the jelly again but I found the last Iris treasure. Even though I was close to 99 and probably could have made it, I had spent hours and hours (and even more hours) trying to find this last DARN Iris treasure that I wasn't taking any chances and warped myself outta there and ran to save as fast as I could!

But yeah, you don't really get anything. Even though it was fun and all, here's my 2 complaints:

1) The treasure chests in the back should be really awesome and let you take it into the Ancient Cave. But you can't even take those treasures into the cave...and they aren't that good anyways!! What were they thinking??

2) Getting all the Iris treasures gets you nothing except a comment from that chick who collects them and says "Hey, you're a good hunter!". What??? Come on now! They could've had Iris come fix the last level of the Ancient Cave for you... and the Dual Blade shrine :)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:45 pm

If you want a fixed shrine, just play any pal version or the jap version

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:08 pm

Fixed shrine? whats wrong with the shrine then? =/ I mean, i dont even remember a dual blade shrine >.<

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”