Lufia 2: Ending so sad....

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Xargon
Red Jelly

Lufia 2: Ending so sad....

Postby Xargon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:23 am

The ending of Lufia 2 actually put me into a state of depression like what I feel nowdays when I'm broken hearted! I think it's because I wasn't expecting the ending having not played original...

Anyone else think it was really really sad???
*I doubt you could find a signature more pointless than this!*

Fiction Editor of

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:56 am

Well, to me it wasn't because I already knew what was going to happen. It's explained at the beginning of Lufia I. (As you probably know, Lufia I is chronologically after Lufia II)

If you thought Lufia II had a sad ending, you'll be drowned in tears for a month after having completed Lufia I. (Most of the people who completed Lufia I cried at the ending, like me)

But yes, it was a sad ending to their adventures. I thought it was sad when I first played Lufia I, but I guess if you played Lufia II first, you feel more towards the characters. You don't want them to die. However, if you play Lufia I first, you don't really know who they are, so I guess that reduces the level of sadness.

Xargon
Red Jelly

Postby Xargon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:21 am

So Lufia 1 has a sad ending too...

Yeah having never played the first I had absolutely no idea Selan and Maxis were going to die.. and I was really gripped in the storyline..
*I doubt you could find a signature more pointless than this!*

Fiction Editor of

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:31 pm

It is Maxim not Maxis!
I didn't understand Maxim and Selan were dead :P I thought "Maxim and Selan just learned to fly!" But I was sad when I finally understood they were dead :cry: Hmmm... I did cry when I was in one of the sealed towers, probably in Kamirno Sealed Tower... but that was because I realized that I was near the ending of the game and I wanted the game go on forever :P ( I didn't know about Lufia I back then, and Lufia II is just called "Lufia" where I live)
Oh I also remember I used to hum all Lufia music in Lufia II when I was little :P (sometimes I still do it, but not while I am playing the game,and not as loud as I did when I was little). When I saw the Village sprite of Narvick, I thought "hey a village" and started to hum the village theme already... and then got surprised because Narvick had its own music o_0
When I finished the game I immediately started a new savefile.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:33 pm

SinReVi wrote:Oh I also remember I used to hum all Lufia music in Lufia II when I was little :P (sometimes I still do it, but not while I am playing the game,and not as loud as I did when I was little).

I still do that! Loudly! :P

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:38 pm

I don't really do it anymore because I want to hear the music!

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:41 pm

well, I usually do it when not playing the game.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:45 pm

I think I am more whistling Lufia themes than humming nowadays.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:02 pm

Oh, but this thread is actually supposed to be about the ending of Lufia II, rather than how we hum Lufia themes. :P

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:36 pm

One time when I wanted to finish Lufia II, I accidently hit the snes (Maxim and Selan were just flying to Tanbel) and the game resetted >_< At least the Sinistrals are easy to defeat (in this game)

But I did lose a few times when fighting the Sinistrals...

1) I wanted to see if there was an alternate ending if you die at Doom Island so I was killing myself.

2) This was when my Lufia II cartridge was messed up ( http://lufia.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/foru ... ?t=1383788 )
The levels of the characters were kinda low.
Guy and Maxim could not use items. Selan and Artea were killed by Erim's Devastation Wave so they could not heal Maxim and Guy. And Maxim had no spell to revive Selan and Artea. Maxim and Guy were killed by Erim too.

3) This was when my Lufia II cartridge was messed up ( http://lufia.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/foru ... ?t=1383788 )
Amon's fight. Selan and Artea were alive, but Maxim and Guy were confused and killed the whole party.

4) This one was not too long ago, in February 2 weeks before I got my Estpolis Soundtrack...
I was kinda sick ( I had a cold but I went out in the rain because I had to bring a form to the Mail Office to order the Estpolis Sound Track. heheh I'll do anything for Lufia) but I kept saying: "I am not sick!" so I just went playing Lufia II and wanted to see the ending... There was one problem... I actually was sick and half asleep... I forgot to heal the people between the battles... Only Maxim survived... but killed himself in the fight with Daos...
This reminds me of the last battle of Lufia RoL... In the American version, he has LOTS of HP! He has a move that confuses you(and it doesn't cost him any AP) And he is strong when you are under lv25... Torma, Rami and Bau always end up dying... Eldin survives because he has the Ancient equipment and stuff (except if you are so stupid you didn't get the items, or if you gave all equipment to Torma) It happens alot that Eldin ends up being confused and killing himself...

(and then I was still sick and decided to play Lufia I and wanted to see the ending...)
*SPOILERS FOR LUFIA I*

I was still thinking "I am not sick! I am going to see the ending of Lufia I no matter what happens!" So I entered Doom Island, went to Guard Daos and started playing (still half asleep)... while battling him I was just pushing buttons and daydreaming thinking what would happen after the ending of Lufia I... then I FELL ASLEEP for a few minutes while I was playing the game :oops: I remember Jerin was almost dead when I woke up o_0 That was with my lv99 party (except Lufia)

*END SPOILERS*

I'd better not play Lufia when I am half asleep....or asleep.... but... I like to play Lufia at any time :P

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Cookie
Red Jelly

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:03 am

Yeah I remember my first time beating Lufia 2 , I cried my heart out. Well mainly because I thought Tia should have been with Maxim... (No offense to those who thought Maxim and Selan were meant to be). I cried even more in Lufia 1 when that thing happen to Lufia... (Sorry I'm not sure if I am allowed to post any spoilers, but yeah ... that thing).

But other than that you shouldn't get too depress over these great characters. Love your life! There's too much to do to be depress, and besides, there are many others who would gladly trade places with you from around the world. (hehe sorry for the lecture XD )..
Never argue with an idiot.. they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience! Everyone has potential! Use it :D
ImageImage

SinistralX
Red Jelly

Postby SinistralX » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:22 pm

You'd think that playing Lufia I first would take the edge off of the second's ending, but the fact that there was more to it than what Lufia I portrayed is what really brought it home. Maxim litterally gave his life for the entire world. Selan had already died at that point, and it seemed as though Maxim didn't want to live without her. My little sister cried when I finally beat Lufia II, even though she knew from playing the first one that Maxim and Selan were doomed. I've been playing both since I was 9, and 10 years later Maxim and Selan's deaths still grip me. It's also really sad seeing all of the party members expecting Maxim and Selan to return to celebrate their victory. Imagine how they would've felt....especially Tia.
.....and I have the power to confront that swell?

DefunktPistol
Red Jelly

Postby DefunktPistol » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:28 am

Selan was my favorite character (Maxim and Dekar in close second). I never cared for Tia (sorry!!), and it made me happy when Maxim and Selan got together.

Lufia 2 was the first video game I had ever played. I was nine years old when I first played/beat the game, and I was so upset the first time I found out Maxim and Selan died. IT JUST WASN'T FAIR!

Before TLR (I know I'm gonna step on some toes here, but I would have rather seen "becoming the legend" or whatever; that game disappointed me), I would always imagine someone going to the sunken Doom Island and reviving Maxim and Selan to live happily ever after with Jeros.

It just awful! But naming my Lufia 1 hero Jeros helped ease the pain lol

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:08 am

After readin all this stuff im supprised nobdy has mentioned the dead on time when Tia is seen in the end and the credit music plays
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:10 pm

For that I blame Guy and Arty.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”