Wondering if any of you played these old games

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

What was the first system that you gamed on!?

PC
4%
Atari
7%
Wonderswan
No votes
Virtual Boy
No votes
GameBoy, Pocket Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance
11%
Super Nintendo
25%
Nintendo
32%
Sega Genesis
4%
Playstation, Playstation 2
4%
N64, Game cube
No votes
XBox, Xbox 360
No votes
Neo Geo
No votes
Other (If so please describe on the bottom)
14%

Total votes: 28

Cookie
Red Jelly

Wondering if any of you played these old games

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:26 am

Most of these games are from Dos, and others... I was just wondering how each of you felt about the ending. (Sorry! super vague, but I haven't really talked to anyone who has beaten these games.. I'm trying to list as little as possible)

Dos/pc:
a-Superhero league of Hoboken
b-Companions of Xanth
c-Kyrandia I , II, III
d-Sam and Max
e-Days of the Tentacle

a1-(I thought the ending was pretty lame, but i did enjoyed most of the puzzles)
b1-(I sorta felt bad when you had to switch partners)
c2-(I loved the first two, I didn't like how you can manipulate the joker on the 3rd one though)
d1-(The ending was good back than, I still love Max for doing the funny things)
e1-(The ending was really funny! Brought back a lot of memories how you can play the nintendo version)

Arcade:
f1-King of Fighters series
g1-Twinle Star Sprites
h1-Waku Waku 7

f1-I love the series so far, my favorite is the psycho soldier team, I was upset that Bao lost most of his esp powers to Kensou during 2000, but it was fun to see him bounce around in 2001
g1-I loved how you could beat Memory even though her flying sushi/cookies were really annoying! I wished I played the playstation 2 version but it never came out to the US
h1-This game is really hard for me, I still do not understand how you can put off the finishing move..

Console:
i1-Pokemon (any color)
j1-Threads of Fate

i1-Had any of you ever had competition in this game? Putting strategy into this game is hard! For example using mean look, toxic, is a very deadly combo!
j1-I love the music of this game! I was always looking forwards to a sequel of the game. I loved Mint's side of the story more because it was more humorous.

Also does anyone play these mmorpgs, online games? If so what do you think of them? Sorry I just have a lot to talk about.. ^^;;
World of warcraft, o2jam, maple story, gunbound...

Gah I think I'm making the first post to long, and I will just shut up now. Please discuss any of these games with me, I been searching in a vaierty of forums now and I haven't been able to find people who played most of the games I have.

If you have played non of the games above, and if you don't mind, please tell me about your first game that you've played (mario, dragonwarrior, lunar something else?). I'm just curious and wondering if any of those games impacted your lives or just bring back great cherished memories.
Never argue with an idiot.. they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience! Everyone has potential! Use it :D
ImageImage

AmbrMerlinus
Knight

Postby AmbrMerlinus » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:03 pm

First game I played... dang... That's a hard one. I don't think I can remember that far back. I think it was Pokemon Yellow, because I'd just bought it along with the first Harry Potter game and a purple Game Boy Color from my boyfriend. It didn't really change my life; I'd always been into videogames, just never had anything to play them with.
You will learn your fear from me, for I am the Christmas DEATH FAIRY.

Cookie
Red Jelly

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:47 pm

Woah neat! I loved pokemon yellow, however my friends hated pikachu so they never liked it. They even tried to evolve it but it wouldn't evolve, so they ended up putting pikachu in the box. Pokemon games have gotten more hard over the last few games, you can't power level a pokemon into winning every fight, you actually have to use the weakness system which makes it a bit more fun.

I never played the Harry Potter game though, how is it? (I've read all the books, and the last book will sell faster than toilet paper!) Neat though! Do you still own your gameboy color? Or did you move on to the DS?
Never argue with an idiot.. they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience! Everyone has potential! Use it :D

ImageImage

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:29 am

Even older than that - the Intellivision. :D

AmbrMerlinus
Knight

Postby AmbrMerlinus » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:18 am

Cookie wrote:I never played the Harry Potter game though, how is it? (I've read all the books, and the last book will sell faster than toilet paper!) Neat though! Do you still own your gameboy color? Or did you move on to the DS?

I still own both my GBCs (I bought a second one so I could trade my pokemon from game to game), but I use my GBA instead (another hand-me-down from my ex-boyfriend). I've used friends' GameBoySPs and was under-impressed, so I don't plan to purchase one. The DS is much too expensive and I'm not a huge fan of change, so I don't think I'll move on to that until it costs way less and my GBA falls apart in my hands.

As for the Harry Potter GameBoy games, the first one was cool, the second one was all right, and the third one blows. I haven't played the fourth one but I'll buy it used if I see it.
You will learn your fear from me, for I am the Christmas DEATH FAIRY.

Cookie
Red Jelly

Postby Cookie » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:31 am

Intellivision?! I need to research that! Is it that old computer with the keyboard? I'm not sure but it sounds neat! (I'll look it up a bit later), Do you still own it?

Also I love my gameboy advance, so I have to say it's a great hand-me-down (:) ). SPs, are alright but that's only because it has unlimited batteries (well if you charge it). Hehe I don't own a DS either, I don't plan on buying it either, but I am curious about some of the new games that are going to be on the system.

Hmm I guess I need to try the Harry Potter game out sometime, it sounds fun (even though it was a bit vague, I'll go with your opinion :D ).

ImageImage

Inuyasha
Red Jelly

Postby Inuyasha » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:31 am

hell i think the first game i ever played was Zelda(other games were Marbel Madness,Tomagotic,Barbie,SpongeBob,and of course Pokemon Yellow)I have at lest 30 gameboy games-incloding gameboy,color,advance,ds.

Angelus
Knight

Postby Angelus » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:22 pm

First game I ever played was Super Mario Brothers 3
All your base are belong to us.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:29 pm

First game I played... hmm... I think that was Sonic the Hedgehog. Really long ago.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Cookie
Red Jelly

Postby Cookie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:03 pm

Woah was the sonic for the genesis system? I sucked at that game lol, but I loved the music though.

Also to person above, did you beat Super Mario 3 without using flutes? It's really hard, I heard some people in foreign countries get really amaze if you can beat it (Though I believe most can if they try but I guess they don't try lol).

ImageImage

Spiritual Me
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Spiritual Me » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:00 am

i beat super mario many times without using flutes, The very first game I ever played was Mario, the one there is for the gameboy aswell.. so I guess that I am a veteran when its about Mario.
I used to be intelligent, education ruined me.

dende
Villager

Postby dende » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:10 pm

id think therd b more people for pc
-dende-

PluisXL
Red Jelly

Postby PluisXL » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:02 pm

The first game I ever played was... let me think... Adventure Island for the Nes, bought my nes second hand when I was 5 and still remeber playing Adventure Island first. sometimes my meomory acctually works.
Meow, man, Meow

forest warrior
Red Jelly

Postby forest warrior » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:26 pm

My first game ever was Lufia II, played it on the snes that my older sister got from a aunt of me.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:26 am

I first played games on the TI-99/4A... hehe, that was a long time ago.

Return to “General Gaming”