Idea: The New World

Rules, announcements and character information related to the RPG are posted here. This is the only board in the online roleplay where you can post out-of-character.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Idea: The New World

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:50 pm

Hey guys,

I've been planning this for a while: an interforum RP, basically an RP between different forums. The story takes place on Estoland, which consists of five smaller lands. Each land represents a forum, and has its own historical background. The members of each respective forum play themselves, as a character born in the land representing that forum. This topic will be posted on each forum, and if someone posts, that post will be copied to each of the other forums. If anyone knows another forum that might be willing to join, please post a link here. It MUST be a Lufia forum.

I have made a map, which could be used supportively for your post. You could, for example mark new places on it, and use that do describe where your character is traveling or something. This is the map:

Anyone is free to download, edit, and re-upload this map, to bring some changes. Like I said, any forum could be added. For now, these are the lands:

Lufia World - a large kingdom with great influence on Estoland. It has a beloved king, a ruler who treats all equally.

Forfeit Island - a subdued island. Long ago, it was a mighty country like Lufia World, but nowadays, it is not nearly as lively as it used to be. It is quite a silent land, but it still has a history full of glory, which shall never truly vanish.

Donnet (= dot net = lufia.net) - the most ancient land of all. It is nowadays not a very important country, but some of the old power still remains.

The Ancient Cave - like Forfeit Island, this is also a land quite cut off from the others. A tribe different from the ones that inhabit the rest of Estoland, they are a kind folk, but have very different beliefs.

Essaref (= SRF = Sinistral Revival Forum) - A land which is not often visited. Those who do visit it, never return, at least never in the same state as they used to be. In fact, some people say it is but a big spot of nothing. However, there are inhabitors in there. Rumour has it that they are plotting something...

These are just some backgrounds I invented about them, and they do not have to be used. I hope it didn't offend anyone. If so, please tell me, and I will change it.

Anyway, I hope we can get started! You can control a character, preferably yourself, in one of the lands, and RP away!

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:16 am

That's a good idea!
I control Bad guy and..... what should I do?
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:29 am

You're gonna be my slave in my inflatable building in Inflatable City! :P

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:36 am

Are you nuts!?

I'm fooling around with my Bad ship and my robots!
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:55 am

You should make your character the way you like it.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:25 pm

I know I should've downloaded the map, but I hand drawn it for some revisions and authenticity.

Here it is:

I re-edited some names, but they still sound basically the same.

I also added two new regions. Steel Isle is a man made mechanical island for a tribute to Shaia and Allansia is a gathering ground for the fey folk who visit.

Fey folk are the fairies and elves by the way.
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Wow, great job! Looks much better than mine. I like the new names, too. And Ancient Canyon makes much more sense than a whole land called a Cave. ;P

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:34 pm

I decided to randomly name a few locations...

Shrine of Aeons: This is a sacred shrine hidden to those who have not proven themselves heroes. Throughout time the 12 legendary weapons of past heroes are gathered here. There is a 13'th seal, however it remains unbreakable to this day.

Doom Island: Somewhere on this map rests the sleeping Doom Island which scarred the land over centuries ago.

Sol Palace: Here lies the temple to the ancient Sun God which remains untouched to this very day. There is unexpected history within and an ancient light that purges all intruders.

Lunar Temple: An ancient temple somewhere on the land dedicated to the Goddess of the Moon. It only reveals itself during a time paradox because of the Deity Cloak that surrounds it.
---DarkMaster2101

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:17 pm

I think I was able to at least detail the backstory and geography of Essareph. Although I never been there I imagine it to naturally be a "sinister" place with unique citizens.

Essareph is a land once thought to be barren and forsaken. Legends have been told that those who brave the craggy cliff side and scale the plateau never returned (at least not the same). Ever since the colossal meteor from the southwest penetrated the plateau, more and more people have scaled the plateau searching for unknown power. Those who overcame the climb discovered a magical crystal in the central island called the Wavestone as well as valuable minerals and other gems. An empire was found on enterprise; its military power was reinforced by advanced technology. Avery Empire's ambition isn't to better themselves but the rest of the civilization via conquest of the land itself as well as the entire world. Skycrafts were originally created to to transport resources to off land factories however. Eventually the skycrafts were developed into weapons, making Avery the only nation in the land to posses an air force.

There is rumor going on about the meteor that crashed into Essareph is actually the fabled Doom Island from legend. It is also rumored that the emperor has sided with the Sinistrals of Destruction, Chaos, and Terror to aid his hunt for the Maxim bloodline. Another rumor is it was Arek the absolute who curropted the empire with lust for power saying it is their destiny to conquer.

Geography: Essareph's slate plateau shattered when the meteor hit the land, leaving uneven surfaces barely habitable. Because of the meteor, the cliff side is nearly impossible to climb. The crater in the center of the plateau flooded up from the underground springs that hid in the core of the earth. Rivers and sluices are carve their ways into the fissures of the land unreachable by all ordinary means.

Settlements&Landmarks: Ring Island, Inflatable City, more coming soon feel free to add dungeons.

Also, I am renaming Ancient Canyon to Antiquity. Ancient Canyon would be more of a landmark than a region.
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “Town Hall”