Time to Get Started ~Dawn of Fate pt. 1~

Discuss Hector of Ostia's cancelled Lufia fan game.

Moderators: Hector of Ostia, Moderator Team

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Time to Get Started ~Dawn of Fate pt. 1~

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:27 pm

Now that enough people have volunteered I think it's time to start working.

Here's what I've done so far on my own:
-Created the opening scene
-Created the general outline of the lower half of Ephras and the scene that takes Roland and Jake to the training grounds.

Here's what needs to be done: UPDATED
-Glitches in Roland's house need to be fixed. maxim6221 is doing this.
-The outline of lower Ephras needs detail and to be filled in.
-This includes a few NPCs pacing around the map.
-Any glitches that arise in Roland/Jake to the Training Grounds need to be fixed.

One of the most important things right now is creating the rest of lower Ephras. Here's the map's current state from a 1/4 view:
The grey paths are streets, the land surrounded by water in the middle is supposed to be a small park (needs detail and NPCs). The blank space beneath Roland's house could use a few buildings. The dark grey boundary is the town's wall. The large grey structure at the left is the Training Ground.

The two tiny white dots near Roland's house are Roland upon exiting and Jake. I wrote a script that would make the two walk to the Training Grounds together while they have the sword/gun chat.

Problems with this: The conversation is progressed as you press the action key not as they travel further. Meaning, they could be at the Training Grounds and still be on the first sentence of the conversation. That needs to be fixed.

In addition, I wrote a script having Jake walk away after saying goodbye. As he's walking away, Jake will turn backwards every other step. This also needs to be fixed.

So, who wants to do what?

Links to the new outline of Ephras will be posted soon.
Last edited by Hector of Ostia on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Angelus
Knight

Postby Angelus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:34 pm

I'm new to this, so I can't handle the events too well, but I can handle detail and random NPCs.
All your base are belong to us.

Ok Impala!
Red Jelly

Postby Ok Impala! » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:35 pm

Ok!

Isn't it better to first decide on what sprites to use? Take that Lufia - Cult Of Daos game for example. The Lufia 1 graphics used in that game combined with Lufia 2 graphics give it directly a very Lufia feeling. Unless we'll find someone who is willing to sprite everything again in the style of Lufia we might be better of using existing sprites and use them from the start. Otherwhise we might have to remake lots of maps later on...

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:56 pm

I had Lufia-esque sprites in mind but with the bodily dimensions of the sprites included.

Minari-Naga said that they were good with sprites so we should be fine.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Re: Time to Get Started ~Dawn of Fate pt. 1~

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:47 pm

Hector of Ostia wrote:Problems with this: The conversation is progressed as you press the action key not as they travel further. Meaning, they could be at the Training Grounds and still be on the first sentence of the conversation. That needs to be fixed.

I think there's a backslash command that automatically progresses the conversation. (I think it's \^. though that might be for delay) Just add a bunch of \.'s to delay the progression so that it doesn't all slip by.

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:15 pm

Just so everyone knows, I'm not too keen when it comes to programming actions. That's why I need you guys. I am a screenwriter and scripter first and foremost, so that's mainly what I'll be doing.

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:13 pm

ok what do i need to do first? if no one is around then im going to make some maps just see how they turn out

EDIT: i forgot i had a few maps from my previous game i was making a while back... but i dont know how to put pics on here without it being blury or too small!

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:34 pm

maxim6221 wrote:ok what do i need to do first?

Whatever work I had in my post is the work that needs to be done first. Whoever wants to help fix the problems I stated just has to ask.
Last edited by Hector of Ostia on Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:35 pm

k ill help on that but how do i put pics on here without it being blury or too small. like how u posted ur pic
Last edited by maxim6221 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:38 pm

I hit Prt Scrn, pasted into paint, saved as jpeg, used Microsoft Picture Manager, cropped the image so it was just the map, and hosted it on imageshack.us

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:39 pm

get on msn! lol thanks

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:41 pm

I am on MSN. It says you're not.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:41 am

Maybe one of you typed his address wrong.
Dekar rules!

ChronoSquare
Red Jelly

Postby ChronoSquare » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:11 pm

Hector of Ostia wrote:I hit Prt Scrn, pasted into paint, saved as jpeg, used Microsoft Picture Manager, cropped the image so it was just the map, and hosted it on imageshack.us

So is there, other than that method, any other way as to transferring entire maps made? I'll want to know how to take the map I've made and give it to you, or to someone else, to code the extra events. (I think I may be able to handle the basic stuff, otherwise what I have in mind for the Ancient Dungeon would get confusing! :P) And directions to some chipsets would be nice, unless we've not decided on what chipsets to use yet...

ChronoSquare
Red Jelly

Postby ChronoSquare » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:04 am

...so what has become of Project: Dawn of Fate? We had so many people sign up and stuff, but I didn't see anyone posting anything about it... I mean, Hector hasn't posted anything and, to my limited understanding, has not visited the site since end of July, so it's been 2 months now... I can understand that he might be revising his fanfiction, but 2 months sounds like ample time to look through at least the majority of the work. I'd have expected some kind of update on his status, why he's been MIA, etc.

And no, if anyone was wondering, I did not go and read his fan fic yet... I thought I could put it off to the side, as there were other things I felt better entertained by, as long as no one presented themselves to work here on this project...

Return to “Dawn of Fate: Community Lufia Project”