The Plot: What Would've Been (Spoilers)

Discuss Hector of Ostia's cancelled Lufia fan game.

Moderators: Hector of Ostia, Moderator Team

Hector of Ostia
Knight

The Plot: What Would've Been (Spoilers)

Postby Hector of Ostia » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:43 pm

To show for what I've done, I have the entire plot buildup to when the story begins.

A huge part of Lufia is the story, so I made sure Dawn of Fate's was adequate enough to earn the word "Lufia" in its title.

Feel free to leave me comments, I'd really appreciate it.

If you don't like spoilers, then I suggest you turn away now.

-Early Outset-

Following The Legend Returns, the Dual Blade was placed in the custody of pirit is no more; therefore the spirits of the other Sinistrals are also no more.

But, when the Dual Blade resonates, it beckons their presence in the world nonetheless, and they are revived, though in a physical form only.

Lacking both spirit and, by extension, memory of their former selves, these beings take on the first force of evil that they're exposed to: Pain, Despair, and Wrath.

With these aspects in place of the classic: Destruction, Chaos, and Terror, new identities and personalities are formed, creating the three new Sinistrals.

Now, “why only three?â€
Last edited by Hector of Ostia on Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:24 am, edited 9 times in total.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:40 am

I'll tell you right now, you weren't kidding when you said you had a great story! I haven't read such a good idea for a Lufia sequel in my life! I'm guessing that Reid could become the 4th sinistral, kinda like the ultimate sinistral born of the Maxim bloodline. He could be the Anakin of the Lufia series. Then he and his brother could have an epic battle. It's also ironic that Roland is the one that's shunned, seeing that he would be the true hero.

Did you have any more for the actual plot of the game, or just the prologue?

You know what would be cool? Have the beginning hour or so of the game involve the player controlling a group of Guardians trying to defend their base from Reid. It would have a very classic Lufia 1 feel to it. Then afterwards you could play through the regular plot as Roland.

I was just spouting a couple of ideas. Man, I think someone should take up this story and make a game out of it. It'd be a shame if it just fell be the wayside completely. I mean, even if you don't write the whole thing, this premise and any other notes you have could certainly put another writer on a good path.

Good ideas, Hector. Thanks for sharing them with the community.
Dekar rules!

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:53 pm

Thanks PsiCop, and yes, I do have A LOT more beyond the prologue. The reason I didn't post the rest was because I wanted to pace the viewers, who'd otherwise be forced to read a huge chunk of text.

I'm going to edit the first post now and add what happens next.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:25 am

Makes sense. Looking forward to more updates!
Dekar rules!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:47 am

It looks good! I have yet to read it all, but what I read sounds very interesting!
Hm, Uther, eh? Looking at your username, it's not too hard to see where you got that name. :P

Hector of Ostia
Knight

Postby Hector of Ostia » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:54 pm

Guard Daos wrote:Hm, Uther, eh? Looking at your username, it's not too hard to see where you got that name. :P

That, and Uther is just a very knightly name. 'Twas the name of King Arthur's father, you know.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:58 am

I think that you're very talented. It would still be great to be slightly useful to the project, but as you said, it's pretty much ended. I don't have the skills or ability to be more use however. I would like to and might be able to help a little if someone were to tell me exactly what they want. If someone heads it, and someone gives me exactly what they want i can do it. However i would want it to be Hectors plot. I don't think it'd be fair after all the work he did for it to go by the wayside.

Ok Impala!
Red Jelly

Postby Ok Impala! » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:17 pm

Ok!

I've always dreamed myself of making a Lufia Fan game. I've been working on my own RPG since 1999, so I know how hard it is to work on such a large project. Recently I managed a Dutch translation project of Zelda - A Link to the Past. It finally got finished this year after two(!) years of work. Managing a large group of people you don't know by face that are all contributing their free-time is extremely hard. At least you tried to pull this project from the ground, don't feel bad that it didn't work out. You kept the dream of a new Lufia game alive, that's a nice thing too. I still think it could be possible to make a Lufia Fan game, but it couldn't be as large as an original Lufia game.

Don't feel sad however Hector. I said to you before that you've already wrote some terrific chapters of this Lufia Fan Fic. Therefore I really hope that you will complete that story and maybe someday...who knows. We can keep dreaming, can't we? :)

Return to “Dawn of Fate: Community Lufia Project”