Lets bring this project alive again!

Discuss NeoGades' cancelled MMO Lufia fan game.

Moderators: PsiCop, NeoGades, Moderator Team

Would you like to give it another shot?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:49 am

Maybe Dekar was NeoGades in disguise. :)

Oh yeah, long time no see everyone. Been busy as hell with college and work and [insert anything else here]. :wink:

If they want to do it again, I'm back on board.
Dekar rules!

forest warrior
Red Jelly

Postby forest warrior » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:20 pm

I can help to :D

Maybe some spriting...

Dekar The Great
Knight

Thankyou So Much!

Postby Dekar The Great » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:50 am

Lufia has been a great part of my life, since i played it when i was 5 with my dad, Ive always wanted to see it be something bigger than Final Fantasy, because Final Fantasy after the seventh one...just didnt have the same spark, If i go back and play Lufia, that spark is still there, one day i decided to check around the internet, maybe to figure out what happened to Natsume, guess they are still around...making Fishing Games =(, but while looking through all this, i find a site dedicated to Lufia fans like I, that was this website, i was excited and even posted something about suggesting a new Lufia game, i couldnt contain myself. Now im also an EverQuest adict, if anyones played it you know very well its an MMO, so basically when i heard about Neogades whole plan for a Lufia MMO, i rocketed out of my chair, came back here everyday to see whats been updated, to see my dream game, but...one day...i came back to see a big message in nice bold letters..GAME CANCELLED...I looked everywhere to find information, i wanted to find this guy, wanted to see what had happened....but nothing was ever found...2 years later, i return to this site...what do i see? Someone willing to make my dream come true...Please dont give up on this game, i dont know anything about programming, so i cant be of much help =(. I really look forward to the release and thankyou so much, i really hope this game makes its way to my computer screen, maybe Natsume and Taito will wake up and make us another Lufia, with a good storyline and the gameplay that i loved, So keep it up and dont let me down =). thankyou so much! :D
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:46 am

I can feel your attachment to the series, Dekar. I hope the series is continued one day as well.
Dekar rules!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:21 pm

Actually, Neverland makes the games (except RoL). Natsume and Taito are the publishers.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:43 am

Yes, everybody here has that same feeling. It's always good to see more people who feel attached like that as well.
And the Lufia forums are not what they used to be...
Forfeit Island forums are closed, The Ancient Cave is moving towards the edge as well, Eternal Heavens turned into Symphonic Heavens long ago...
I suppose only Lufia World, Lufia.net and Sinistral Revival remain.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:49 am

Forfeit Island's forum will probably stay closed.

(I'm Esteel, SinclairC is Metaly)
Esteel said the following:
Are you the webmaster of www.forfeit.electromaz by any chance?

metaly said the following:
I technically am, although I haven't had time to work on the site in years and it's gone unupdated.

Esteel said the following:
Ok then.
I have some questions. Why is the forum in maintenance mode, and is the forum ever going to open again? I was just wondering about that.

metaly said the following:
The forum is closed because of some problems with people spamming it. I'd love to have a more secure forum up and running for the community to use, but I simply don't have the time to devote to setting one up, especially since forum use had already dropped significantly before the spam started.

EDIT:

And the Lufia forums are not what they used to be...
Forfeit Island forums are closed, The Ancient Cave is moving towards the edge as well, Eternal Heavens turned into Symphonic Heavens long ago...
I suppose only Lufia World, Lufia.net and Sinistral Revival remain.

Lufia-legend and its forum are also closed. It seems like Lufia.de is reopened. But Lufia.de and Lufia-Legend are both German.
Last edited by SinReVi on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:49 am

The active fan base is likely to die out after a few years unless there's a new game out or one in the works. The fans are still fans though. Look at how many new people joined the forum when word of the MMO got out.
Dekar rules!

Dekar The Great
Knight

Lufia...

Postby Dekar The Great » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:27 pm

Well ive heard that Taito and Square Enix may be joining up =(, ive never really been that big of a fan of Square..I liked Enix though..Natsume has pretty much died except for Harvest Moon, Ive not heard of Neverland for a long time...=/ I really hope they dont let Lufia die...Sony let EverQuest 1 die...If Lufia dies, both of my favorite games are done...=/, ive been experimenting with making a Lufia game with RPG maker 2000 recently, im not very good at coding and stuff so i just used Cult of Daos' coding and stuff, changed all the words, added new places, redid the map, so it doesnt look anything like it, just the coding so i could get started and understand, i have been having one issue though...which is really bugging me...for some reason the main character can walk over the walls and trees etc. in the towns and dungeons, im not sure whats wrong ive tried everything if anyone knows what could be the issue please let me know, id really like to finish this game, ive got music, backgrounds, even all the towns ready, couple dungeons, just need to figure out whats up with this walk everywhere problem =/, I promise if i get this figured out, i will not abandon this project like others before me. =D Long live Lufia!!!

Dekar The Great
Knight

Starting the project back up

Postby Dekar The Great » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:12 am

Alright so heres the story thus far,
-Main Character, Cameron, he is a descendant of Maxim
-Side Characters, Cain-Your friend since childhood, who is very good with a sword (Guy), Teika-A cleric who has amnesia and is not certain of her past (Selen) (Not Erim), Denthir- An elf who once worked as a messenger for the Sinistrals (Artea)
-Story- Two Centuries after the First Doom Island War, (we shall revisit some old places but also some new ones), Our hero starts out in a nearby field practicing with his best friend Cain, after a fight, he tells you about the mayors wife needing your help, he arrives finding the mayor in a very bad condition, something is wrong...are the sinistrals returning???

As i said before, got alot of the cities, 1 is from Cult of Daos, 1 Dungeon is also from Cult of Daos, the rest are my own, but have the wall issue

Im working on the game right now, I shall not fail you! If you guys have any questions just ask me in this forum or whatever =) BTW there are a few spelling errors and simple problems (like shadows of buildings and some control issues) that need attention but right now id just like to finish the graphics, and of course this stupid wall issue, im afraid to go on at the moment in fear i may have to start over if i want this wall problem to cease...so as soon as anyone finds out the problem please tell me immediatly =) Im so excited for this to be finished =D wish me luck!

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:41 am

Cool! I'm looking forward to playing it. In RPG Maker, there's a way to change how you look at the map. One is squares with arrows pointing which way you can go (like if there's a wall). Find that and you're good. Also check the help file for RPG Maker. If you finish the game, and want more stuff, I could create some dungeons too if you want.
Dekar rules!

Dekar The Great
Knight

Dungeons!

Postby Dekar The Great » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 am

That would be nice! I wouldnt mind some more dungeons....not very good at making puzzles in them, just finished a shrine and patched up a town today, also put music in the right place, Im going right now to try out the thing you said about the arrows for the walls thank you, hope it works =D. Also thankyou for your support!

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:55 am

Cool. I sent you a PM. I also look forward to playing it. How much do you think it'll be until it's done?
Dekar rules!

Dekar The Great
Knight

Timewise

Postby Dekar The Great » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:11 am

Well Im only 15, Ill have school starting in September, so Ill say...November-December if I can get some help from other people, Ill be gone starting July 17th for awhile but will be back soon after, having a little trouble in creating the game right now, only have the sprites that the Cult of Daos guy had on there, need to upload some more, theres quite alot to get done but i think if i get my mind to it and have enough resources and ideas I can pull this off.

PsiCop
Sinistral Slayer

Postby PsiCop » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:56 pm

Great! I'm on board with you, buddy. Let's get these people a well-deserved new Lufia game! ;)
Dekar rules!

Return to “Resurrection: Multiplayer Lufia Game”