Dawn and Dusk

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Dawn and Dusk

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Hey guys,
I've started a fanfic some time ago. I haven't been actively working on it every week, but I thought I'd post the first chapters I've written.
Any comments are more than welcome. I hope you enjoy reading it.

-----------------------------------------

Dawn and Dusk

Chapter One

Rain was falling. The forest had seen many rains, but this time it felt like the heaven itself was about to come crashing down. No, it wasn’t just raining. It was pouring. He ran around, looking for some shelter. That proved difficult: the trees were too widely spread to provide sufficient shelter. His wet dark brown curly hair got in the way, making it hard to see. His bare cold feet got stuck in the mud occasionally. He tripped, and felt blood on his chin. He saw a few drops fall from his face mirrored in a puddle, his blue eyes squinting at his reflection, seeing a tanned face with slightly feminine features. Then he got up and walked on. Finally, he found what he was looking for: there was a hollow log, in which a child could fit. He crawled inside, and sat down with a sigh. He shivered; it was a very cold autumn day. It certainly wasn’t a day for children to be out in a forest all alone, anyway. What was he doing here anyway? He couldn’t remember. All he could recall was searching in this forest, though he wasn’t sure what for, either.
His thoughts were interrupted when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. He jumped, let out a yell, and hit the ceiling with his head. Slowly, he turned sideways. A girl was sitting next to him; a little girl, though slightly taller than him. She had long, black hair and green eyes. Her face was pale, but at the same time full of life. She was gazing at him intently. Still recovering from the shock, he looked back. There was silence for a while. Then, the girl pointed at herself. “Syani.”
He nodded. Sigh-any. A pretty name, he thought. She then pointed at him, an inquiring look on her face. He blushed. He couldn’t even remember his own name. He glanced around, as if secretly looking for an exit to escape to. Behind the girl, he saw a sign: Keryan Forest: Path 3. He stared in front of him for a moment. “Kerryan,â€
Last edited by Guard Daos on Mon May 25, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Next chapter. I wonder if anyone's reading this, but you never know...

Chapter Four

Darkness swallowed him. He felt himself falling, but the way to the ground seemed to go on forever. He couldn’t think clearly. He didn’t feel pain anymore. He just felt himself descending lower and lower... as if he were falling through an enormous pit... He tried to open his eyes, but his eyelids felt too heavy. He had the strangest sensation that there was a deep fog inside his thoughts. Slowly, a name passed through his mind: Syani... And still, he was falling, and still the thud didn’t come. Then all of the sudden, a voice echoed across his mind: a man’s voice. He could barely hear what he was saying: “The way... not there...â€

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:11 pm

Next chapter. I wonder if anyone's reading this, but you never know...

I'm reading it :)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Aw... thanks.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon May 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Chapter Five

It took a while for Kerryan to awake. Several dreams slid by his mind. Finally, he awoke with a start, remembering he was supposed to take care of Syani. He looked around worriedly, and was relieved to see she was still sleeping peacefully on her side next to him. He sat upright. He looked at her face, bathed in the bright sunlight. He stroke her hair out of her face a little awkwardly, then carefully moved her on to her back, thinking it a more comfortable position. He smiled softly. He felt assured she was all right. He felt on his own body, noticing he was completely uninjured. He thought back to what that woman had done. She had certainly hit him with... something. Yet there was no trace of it on his body. His arm was a little bruised, but nothing more.

He jerked out of his thoughts when he saw Syani move. He bended over her, softly calling her name. Her lips moved, but he didn’t hear her speak. He looked at her uncertainly. “Are you... alright, Syani?â€

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu May 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Chapter Six

“That’s enough for today, I’d say,â€

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon May 19, 2008 2:18 pm

Chapter Seven

“Here we are,â€

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Chapter Eight

Kerryan clenched his fist. We should’ve gotten out of here while we had the chance...
Syani took a few paces in the elf’s direction. “Before that, tell me why. Why do we have to fight?â€
Last edited by Guard Daos on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daoswarrior2033
Red Jelly

Postby daoswarrior2033 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:17 am

cool.
remember this, when someone gets you down, fight back, when a girl breaks up with you, move on and look to the future, when you cant get a date for the prom then your not the only one.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Gee. Thanks.

Chapter Eleven

The sound grew close. Artea closed his eyes. “There’s at least three of them coming this way... How do they find us just like that?!â€

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:19 pm

Chapter Twelve

The two walked on silently as the trees thickened, the village out of sight. Kerryan’s legs felt like lead. He hardly had the strength to go on, not to mention the pain from the cut in his side. Neither of them spoke. He felt a bitter disappointment. He had hoped helping the elves would have changed their minds on going after them, but it seemed it had made no difference whatsoever; there was simply no place for the two of them. Dusk had fallen; gloomily, he looked at the moon rising into the sky. He felt close to tears; why wasn’t there a home for them? What had they done wrong to deserve being treated like this?
He snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of a soft bump behind him; he turned and saw Syani sitting down, her eyes half closed. “That’s enough for today,â€
Last edited by Guard Daos on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:49 am

moar
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:21 am

Ah, sweet! Another reader! So, what do you think of it up till now?

----

Chapter Thirteen

They walked through the forest together in silence for a while. They occasionally passed a few children chasing each other. Artea smiled at them, finally speaking.
“They’re cute little kids, aren’t they?â€
Last edited by Guard Daos on Mon May 25, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:53 am

If you like I can replicate this on the main site for you and extend your readership! :) (I can link to this thread for comments?)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:05 pm

That'd be great! Please do! :)

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”