Why is this forum DEAD?!

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Glitched
Soldier

Postby Glitched » Tue May 13, 2008 4:33 pm

I think the energy resonating in the blade caused a rupture in time in space, allowing it to duplicate as it warps to places like the ancient cave,

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Wed May 14, 2008 4:58 am

All I know is that I played the game so hard just simply looking for those Lufia signs... to the point were I'm level 83 and can kill everything in one hit... including Goldiark. Then recover over 300 health for good measure.

I tried finding all the Lufia books.. that didn't work so well.
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed May 14, 2008 1:40 pm

to the point were I'm level 83 and can kill everything in one hit... including Goldiark.

So you are saying you did an attack with 8000 damage?
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:04 pm

LMAO sinrevi lol

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:43 am

Meh. I didn't mind it too much. Although I haven't touched it since I finished it. A games a game.
"Nothing is a lost cause as long as there is but one fool who believes."

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Mon May 19, 2008 3:47 am

... Okay... Perhaps I meant one 'turn'. Sorry. All I'm saying, I'd come out with perfect health. Anyway, then the whole thing with Rubius' sister would happen... garbage... no credits- I don't blame'em.
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

faust
Soldier

Postby faust » Mon May 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Did you like the game?

Atlas made the last game not Taito or Natsume so no wonder it was bad Atlas is good at shining games

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue May 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Atlas made the last game

Wrong. Atelier Double is the developer. Atlus is the US publisher. Taito is the Japanese publisher.

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:56 pm

yeah all the posters ar newbies like me replying to old topics

seconded

Atlas made the last game

Wrong. Atelier Double is the developer. Atlus is the US publisher. Taito is the Japanese publisher.

So Neverland had very little to do with the development. I guess once I start off as a lead developer I have to do SOMETHING with this franchise.

Problem: A Japanese and an American game developer using necromancy to resurrect a dead game series just to kill it again... IT'S A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!

Forgive the double post. What Neverland should have done what Nintendo did to Zelda. Instead of making up some ~BS~ system and throwing out everything else, they could have kept all the things that made the game great while adding on to it.
Also by bringing the game into 3D keep this in mind:

"It's no different than the Lufia game you once new, instead it's Lufia in a new perspective."

Lufia should of been a franchise that instead of making a huge change in the game, every new installment ought to build upon the previous titles' elements.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:53 pm

Personally, I think the best way to gain more traffic, is not only spread the word of lufia 1+2. Then seeing that this is one of the first things I found on google when I searched "lufia" people will come here. PLUS, it will do the greater good of getting it noticed, and therefore, a new game/remake. ^^

My logic make sense, lol, at least to me. I'm devoted to a new Lufia II remake XD.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:33 am

rezic wrote:Personally, I think the best way to gain more traffic, is not only spread the word of lufia 1+2...

Actually, it's more petitioning Neverland, Taito, and NATSUME about trying to do something that would bring in some new fans. We don't have enough fans to support the franchise thus in the end it will die off.

Two choices, either let it die and bury it OR let it die and bring it back even better.

After all there is a new generation out there who has never even heard of the game.
---DarkMaster2101

faust
Soldier

Postby faust » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:00 am

Well Neverland, Taito, and NATSUME tried to in the latter two lufias by changing the format (in Lufia TRL there were nine people in battle but the major changes were in Lufia ROL where there were monsters available to capture and NO SINISTRALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Well, even from that angle, ROL still is a failed attempt.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:56 am

RoL reminds me of a hybrid final fantasy job system combined with pokemon.........The hero didn't even have red hair.....

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:33 pm

Ruins of Lore was a little over-criticized. Just because it was a "little" doesn't mean the game isn't labeled as absolute SUCK!

Here are the reasons why Ruins of Lore failed:
    Pokemon-Final Fantasy 3 (JAP) rip off

There is WAY TOO MUCH lag in between actions in battle.

Lufia, though the series wasn't as popular as the main stream titles, it was
    always bringing something revolutionary to the RPG genre. In Ruins of Lore, they took everything Lufia I & II did, vomited and crapped on it, stuck it in a blender, and make a "new game."

Last reason: WHY THE HELL ARE ANTIDOTES OVER 120 FREAKIN' GOLD PIECES. THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO BE CHEAPER THAN POTIONS OR A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE, BUT NOT THAT FREAKIN' MUCH!!!
Debate over story as much as possible. Unlike you, sure the story is important, however I emphasis more on game-play than anything. The Legend Returns, okay the story wasn't anything spectacular, but for a not-so-random-dungeon-crawler the system was successful. Look up the history of Ruins Chasers cancellation. The game deserves the benefit-of-the-doubt.

Ruins of Lore however, even Neverland gave up on the Lufia/Estopolis license. Market wise, Lufia is DEAD. It's not dying it's DEAD. The only way that Lufia would ever be alive is this list:
    1. A fan base with at least more than a couple thousand still wants a new game (the total fan base is around less than 100, excluding those who gave up hope for the series the fan base is less than 20).

2. Publishers and developers support the series (Lufia is no longer under the Neverland development license, and who is Altelier Double I never heard of those losers. With their last failed project, I doubt they'll be getting ANY support. Also didn't Enix buy out Neverland and then merged with Squaresoft? I thought at least the game would still be good, but I wonder who suggested to whom to sell out the license? Hmmmm).

3. Invest in numerous resources in bringing back a dead game project that EVERYONE wanted to see (in this case it would be Lufia III: Ruins Chasers. Instead of making it for Playstation, make it for either Nintendo DS or PSP) or a decent remake of the first two successful games (Lufia I & II for the DS or virtual console).

4. Heavily advertise the living Jesus out of these games (wasting even more numerous resources) while making the actual games greater than what the commercials say (which is kind of hard to do for a no-name series lesser than Final Fantasy).

5. Pray, because even if all these conditions were met there isn't a whole population who wants to buy these games (the worst part about this scenario is the fact that before the release of something HUGE like a Mario/Halo/Final Fantasy/ect. the game would probably be be released a few months before the HUGE game is released. Making it one of those gems in the bad library of games of a system that everyone would forget about in a year or two.)

Even if there was a new game for Lufia, it probably won't make it past the Japanese Market because it's world-wide fan base is dead, thus there is no market to sell the game. The only person who would buy it in the US would probably be me after its release in the bargain bin.
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”