Lufia V: For the Savior FAQ

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Dekar The Great
Knight

Lufia V: For the Savior FAQ

Postby Dekar The Great » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 pm

Q: What is "Lufia V: For the Savior"?
A: Lufia V is a fan-made RPG that's currently in development for the PC.

Q: The Lufia games are very distinct. What are you doing to ensure that this game feels like Lufia?
A: It will feature familiar Lufia graphics and music while introducing the player to a brand new Lufia world to explore. The graphical style will mix what you've seen in "Lufia and the Fortress of Doom" and "Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals" to create a unique and nostalgic gaming experience for any Lufia fan.

Q: What kind of gameplay will it have?
A: It will be very similar to the first two Lufia games. You'll explore the world, visiting towns and cities, entering dungeons, solving puzzles and fighting bosses. The game features a time-based, SNES-style RPG fighting system reminiscent of "Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals."

Q: What about the story?
A: In the tranquil land of Eastland, trouble is afoot, people have gone missing, and monsters have started appearing, none of which have ever happened on Eastland, until now it has been sheltered from the threat of the Sinistrals, but this is all going to change with the revival of the Sinistrals...however...a fifth evil has joined them.

Q: When will this game be released?
A: It's finished when it's finished. (Download the demo now!)

Q: Will this game cost anything?
A: Not at all!

Q: Will you release a demo prior to the release of the game?
A: Yes! In fact, we already have!

Q: What program are you using to create the game?
A: RPG Maker 2k3

Q: Who's on the development team so far?
A: Dekar The Great aka Zabekis is the lead designer/developer for the game, and I have had a lot of help with various things from fellow Lufia World members, SinReVi and Zifanite.

Q: Can I help?
A: If a job opens up, I will notify the community.

Q: Are there any videos you can show us?
A: Check SinReVi's Youtube Channel for a "Lets Play" of Lufia V: For the Savior! (Demo)

We will update this FAQ as the game progresses, so be sure to check back to see what's new!
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

Ruduen
Red Jelly

Postby Ruduen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Interesting date choice to post it. If it wasn't known beforehand, there probably would be a number of people saying it's a joke.

Are you going to be able to be able to make the battle system use the familiar battle cross or the IP system? The trailer doesn't show that, but it's possible that it's just not done yet, so I was wondering.

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Not in the demo. We're working at it for the final version, but the demo won't have it. we're working at a lot of things for the full that won't be in the demo. However have another look at the trailers in.....probably a bit over a week and there could be a new surprise there. It'll be posted on here if there is

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:04 am

I'm sure we can work the aspects of the IP system out. I also need one in my Estopolis Tactics game.

Remember, the concept is simple:

Whenever you take damage your IP fills up a little. Then when you have enough, battle commands will be unlocked allowing use of powerful abilities.

I might be able to sort a code for IP later with RM2k3.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 am

Creating a code for IP wouldn't be that difficult, i have a fair idea of how to do it, however incorporating it into a battle system isn't so easy. Send me a PM if you want to talk about anything with me

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”