Advent of Dusk: Betrayal of Sky and Earth

Rules, announcements and character information related to the RPG are posted here. This is the only board in the online roleplay where you can post out-of-character.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Advent of Dusk: Betrayal of Sky and Earth

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:47 am

[OoC: The prequel to Lufia: Stagnate Memories (my planned Lufia Wii project story) Instead of having people enter at random I want to define a majority of roles between chapters and have others fill in.

WARNING: the story itself is a tad bit more "darker" than the past Lufia titles. Also please keep content T rated. Just be careful on what you say.

I will have posts that are sign in periods of that chapter, also don't be limited to what I have you can improvise with your own origional character and personality.]

Background Story: The story takes place within Midland, a large continent surrounded by vicious currents and rocky shores painted with colorful landscapes five years ago before Stagnate Memories' story. The population of the land worshiped the ancient gods of the world and lived in peace until a millennium long war broke out against the faith and the way of life. Then a little over one-hundred years ago, when the civilization was on the verge of destruction, a huge landmass fell from the sky and fell in the northeast. A light emerged from this island to choose the one worthy to unite and rule the land. The light selected a young bird keeper to journey bringing forth new faith. Young Avian succeeded and thus the age of the Avian Empire began.

Peace and prosperity lasted for over three generations, bringing new technology and refining the mysterious rocks filled with magical power, the wavestones, into various items. The keystones were developed to teach new adventurous (first by Avian himself) to unlock hidden abilities, mystic arts (magic), and invaluable battle skills using "Ikari (IP)" or hidden energy within warriors. Law and order was established, homes rebuilt, and business flourished throughout the entire realm of Midland. The central government was not ruled by just monarchy, there is an emperor however he is elected as well as the senators into office by the people.

Eventually, as the power of the Avian Empire's increases, so do the people who abuse it. Old battle scars are picked at, unfair judgment is used, the statue of the law is misinterpreted, and oppression between society's classes and populations forge riots. The citizens are ever growing tired of violence and seek wisdom from the emperor.

Metropolis of Vanguard, the capital of the Empire, the Emperor has hired a secret group of elite warriors and information gatherers to defend himself and his followers. The head of this agency is a foreigner named Zephyr, a descendant of a legendary swordsman.

[Give me time to define the roles first.]
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Sounds good! Count me in. This thread would be suited better in the Town Hall, though, as it isn't an actual IC thread.
Other than that, it's an intriguing story. I personally feel it needs a little more of a Lufian touch, if you know what I mean, but we'll see where it gets. I think making roles yourself is a good idea, though we don't have participants to spare...

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Request to mods to move this topic to Town Hall.

[EDIT] THANK YOU!!! *Gives the staff a baker's dozen of cinnamon pies*
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---DarkMaster2101

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:14 pm

Moved =)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:53 pm

I need someone to fill the following characters for Prolouge:

Emperor of the Avian Empire: [I'm playing the Emperor, but I need a name for him.] The Emperor is using his new agency to exploit all scams and threats against the empire and his throne. He seems concerned about the well fare of the people in reality he's looking for a way to not take care of them. Not a tyrant just yet but halfway there.

Prime minister: The prime minister of the empire. The man debates with the Emperor for his plans many times but so far they agreed on a new order to "counteract" (emphasis on the word) anti-imperial movements. The prime minister is timid, but smart in quick decisions for the empire.

Daos: [Played by Guard Daos] Self-appointed leader of the mercenaries hired by the Empire as an extra hand. The reason why he chose his name after the Sinistral of Terror is unknown. Daos is tactical wise, and a bit mad but he knows what he's doing. Being a mercenary, Daos only accepts missions for the his benefit. Daos is identified by his platinum hair and "the Robe of the Cursed King" he wears.

Gades: Daos' right-hand strong arm. Gades cares nothing more than to smash, mame, destroy, slaughter, annihilate, and obliterate anything (preferably his mission objective). Gades is a 7-foot tall man with an even larger blade. Gades does have standards and respect for those who match his strength (or at least halfway, also he's learned to let people rebuild before smashing again) and is the only man alive who can relate giving birth to apocalypse.

(Amon joins later and Erim will not appear until the very end of the story. Reason why Erim doesn't join is because she's the same age as Reks, son of Zephyr at this time. Besides , prologue, and SinReVi don't feel left out we might need you.)
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:20 am

Well, if you're already accepting people, I'd like to play Daos. If other roles are left over (and they will be, I know it...), I'd be happy to take on an additional role.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:14 am

This is going NOWHERE... I am through with setting up RP's like this. Next time it will just be freeplay. Mods, lock it!
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “Town Hall”