My Absence

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Dekar The Great
Knight

My Absence

Postby Dekar The Great » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Hey everyone, as you all are aware, I have been missing for quite some time, I just want to assure everyone that the game is not dead yet, I am easing back into the project as I have been negelecting it for quite awhile, the demo still wont be for awhile, but I have written down alot of new ideas and stuff for the game, I'm sorry I havent talked to you all lately, I hope that no one has lost hope and that this is still the Lufia sequel you've all been waiting for!

-Dekar aka Zabekis
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:52 pm

Ahh, good to hear it. :) I'm glad the project is still on, as I think even Ziffy was getting a little doubtful, eh? ;P

Dekar The Great
Knight

Alright, so lets get back on this!!

Postby Dekar The Great » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:08 am

Alright, so anyways, heres what we've got so far, I dusted off RPGmaker2003 and some...not so good things have happened with the game...I dont know why this program hates me... But it seems that some sound files have disapeared (such as door open, puzzle complete, etc.) Also some of the walls issues I had before (walking thru and over them) have returned, I hope that Zifanite will be able to fix these as easy as he did before...otherwise, this will once again hinder the release of this demo.

I did a play thru today as well, to see what else is wrong, and for the most part...its playable, I haven't noticed any spelling errors, the battles are working great, there are a few zoning issues (from one screen to the other) including going to the wrong place, or going to nowhere at all and closing the game...

I'm also working on another dungeon for the demo, since I believe you guys deserve the best damn demo there is...since the game itself was supposed to have already been finished...as you can see the game will not be finished for some time, but I have to finish it, Neverland...Natsume...Taito...they are all busy doing Fishing Games, revisiting their roots (Taito with Bubble Bobble) and Neverland...with...well who knows, and I could care less about Atlus..

Anyways what I'm trying to say here is there doesnt seem to be any word of a new game, so I feel I must continue my work on mine. Also, I have been playing many different RPGs lately getting ideas, namely a Squenix game entitled The World Ends With You, which I highly suggest checking out, I also gave the CIMA game another chance... and..although my game was deleted half way thru (turns out it was a fake GBA cartridge...*sigh*) I found it to be quite awesome.

Anyways folks, I'm excited to be working on the game again, and I have everyones support, also if you have anything you can do to help or any RPGmaker2k3 experience I would greatly appreciate your help...I'm learning fast I can't do this on my own. Dekar OUT!

-Dekar aka Zabekis
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:20 pm

If you need someone to debug Beta, then you found the right guy!

For those who said the game was dead:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Lufia_Maxim
Red Jelly

Postby Lufia_Maxim » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:01 am

Awesome. I am REALLY looking forward to this. Keep up the good work.

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:48 pm

hooray!
Don't make me cast you into the fires of oblivion.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:39 am

Hey Dekar, I might be able to help out if you need anything. I am familiar with the RM2k3 and programming in general.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”