Dawn and Dusk

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Guard Daos wrote:That'd be great! Please do! :)

Sure, which category would you like me to place it in? General Lufia fan fiction, or a game-specific category?

See: http://lufia.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/25/fan-fiction.php

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I think General. It's more related to Lufia II than the others, but it's still a prologue to the entire Lufia series, not just centred on Lufia II.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 pm

I finally added it to the main site! Sorry for taking so long to do this.

Link: http://lufia.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/159/ ... d-dusk.php

I've subscribed to this forum thread, so if you add any more chapters I'll copy them over to the site and post about them on the front page right away. :)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:18 am

Yay! Something done right!
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:49 am

Thanks a lot! :)
Actually, I get new ideas for chapters every day, but I never get to writing it... maybe I can get something done today.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:34 am

Oh man... can't believe it's actually been so long since I posted something! Urgh... I need to push myself harder. Anyway, sorry for the wait, here's chapter 14!

---

Chapter Fourteen

A silence fell over the two. They sat facing each other, not knowing what to say, because there was so much to be said. Finally, Kerryan spoke. “They don't seem to be bad people...â€

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:47 am

Arek is Arty's dad? Keeper of the Spiritual Force? Kids that can make weapons appear out of nowhere?

DAMN!!!! I wish to read more, but there isn't any more to read. Now I will have to pester you to finish the book!

No! Wait, it worked on my favorite author on FanFiction.net so...

*uses the force* You will write another chapter. You will answer the questions. You will create Maxim's ancestor. You will give me a chocolate doughnut.

[That last one wasn't suppose to go through. Maybe it'll work on a forum. I did it through e-mail and it worked then so...]

May the force be up you.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Yay! A new reader! Awesome!
Well, if you keep shouting for more, it should be a good motivation to continue. :)

---

Chapter Fifteen

The man paused for a moment, apparently waiting for this to sink in.
It didn't. Syani voiced what Kerryan was wondering: “What does that mean?â€

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:29 pm

And now we're dealing with "keepers?" I say this is getting quite interesting!

We need more story! WE NEED MORE STORY!!!
---DarkMaster2101

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:01 pm

I've added the latest chapter to the main site - great work! :)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:41 am

Hadn't realized it's already been a month... Uni's getting a hold of me! But I'll try to bring up the pace a little. Here's the new chapter!

Chapter Sixteen

“Every time I walk along this corridor, it feels like it is my first time seeing it.â€

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Two weeks... Well, that's getting better. Here ya go!

Chapter Seventeen

He opened his eyes. Looking up, he saw Syani slumped against the tree opposite him with her eyes closed, apparently sleeping peacefully. He stood up, stretching. It felt like waking up from a dream, but he knew better. Even though it had been such an impossible offer, he knew it had been real. He sighed. Shouldering the whole world... He couldn't imagine being capable of that. He saw it was well past noon. The sun was still shining brightly. He walked towards Syani, wondering if he should wake her. Just then, a cough made him jump. Turning sideways, he saw her. Sitting on a fallen tree's trunk, her red hair shining in the sunlight, dressed in a simple red elven tunic, was Eydilne Fass.

Her arms were folded. She said calmly, “So you've woken.â€

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Chapter Eighteen

Artea bent slightly more forward. His eyes were narrow as he watched from the tree, as his father took his stance. Against his long-time friend. And although he'd seen the two spar many times, this was clearly different. He couldn't understand. Even over a matter like this, why had they started fighting so soon? Neither of them were the type to start using force rather than words. And yet...
Keryan shot three arrows at Eydilne, and as she dodged it, she met a rain of icicles flying at her. She knocked them down with two quick swipes of her sword. Artea frowned. He realised what was bothering him. His father had reversed the order of his attack: normally, he would use magic first, then hit the fleeing target with an arrow. As his skills with the bow were much better than his magic abilities, this was a much more effective strategy. So he's holding back after all. The thought was slightly relieving, but puzzling. Then how far would they go?
Eydilne looked at her sword, noticing its energy was weakening. Keryan saw this too. “Should have brought your own sword, huh?â€
Last edited by Guard Daos on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 pm

GuardDaos wrote:Slowly, Artea got to his feet and warped back to the village. He knew who had won.

Who won? I really want to know what happens next!
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Chapter Nineteen

The rumbling continued, and Eydilne concentrated her magical energy to overpower the opposing spell. She clenched her extended left hand to fist, trying to increase the force to maximum. At last, with a blinding fury, the image of the bird charged forward, cleaving the wolf in two. A great amount of smoke appeared. Eydilne coughed, trying to see. As it faded, the surroundings became visible again. The ground opposite her had been scorched considerably by her fire spell, and a few trees were damaged, though not on fire. But Keryan was nowhere to be seen. Eydilne narrowed her eyes; had he fled? Had he been hit? Or could it be that...
There was a voice behind her. “You were the one who taught me how to use Aderium, remember?”
She turned in horror, suddenly feeling a sharp pain in her back. She felt on her back with her hand, and felt an arrow which had squarely hit her.
“I know,” Keryan said calmly. “Ironic, huh. You were too busy controlling that huge power to notice a little needle in your back.”
And before Eydilne could even attempt to pull the arrow out, it dissolved. She hardly felt the electric shock that hit her. She hardly felt anything as she fell to the ground. Her sight was hazy. She couldn't move. She could only vaguely hear his voice.

Keryan looked down at Eydilne, who lay at his feet. He sighed. “Sorry, Eydilne. That's that.”
He turned around, and made to leave. After taking a few steps, he sighed. “I’m sorry. I know they saved your kid. And I know neither of them ever meant any harm to us. But still... I can’t let them get away. Not again.”
The day was reaching its end. He looked at the sun that was slowly sinking towards the far West. “Last time... I lost my parents, my sister and my wife all at once. I’m scared, Eydilne. I don’t know what will happen. If anything were to happen to Arty, I... I don’t think I’d be able to go on. I don’t think I’d be able to forgive myself for letting anything happen to him. I was broken when my family was taken away from me. And I can’t even begin to express my gratitude towards you, for helping me. But I never want anything like that to happen again. So that’s why... that’s why I hate fighting, and at the same time, it’s the reason I fight.”
He closed his eyes, and shook his head. “That’s all. And so... I’m going. I’m sorry, Eydilne. I just hope...” His reduced his voice to a whisper. “I just hope you’ll be able to forgive me...” He turned around, and disappeared.

“Come on,” Syani said. Kerryan hesitated. Was there much point in running any further?
He couldn't say how long they'd been running. This was the first break they were taking, and he saw the trees were denser here, making it seem much darker. It wasn't very comforting. Syani looked at him, reading his mind. “Just a bit further. Just until...” She hesitated.
“Until what?” Kerryan said in a tired voice. “Either he catches us, or we'll get away. But I can't keep this up forever, you know. Let's just wait and see.”
Syani hesitated. Then she turned at a sound behind them.

The elf reappeared further in the forest, searching for their energies. His face was calm, but his thoughts were full of concern and worry. Eydilne... To think it had to come to this. Even Senna agreed to this, and yet...
He sighed. I can see it though. It's not just that they saved Karyn. They're just so similar to...
He stopped running, sensing their presence in the far distance. He straightened up. Here we go. “Warp.”

“So you came after all,” Syani said calmly, looking Arek straight in the eye.
The elf's head was bowed forward. He didn't answer.
Kerryan stood up, trying to remain as calm as Syani, who took a step towards Arek and said, “Leave us alone. There's no reason for us to fight you.”
“That's right,” said Arek.
“What?”
“You don't need to fight,” Arek said. He raised his head slowly, facing Syani. “I didn't come here to fight you, either.” He brought his middle fingers, index fingers and thumbs together, forming a triangle. “I came here to end it.”
He separated both his hands and stretched his arms sideways, closing his eyes. “Final Est.”

All went dark. The sound of the forest animals vanished. Then there was a soft sound of a breeze, though they felt no wind. Kerryan and Syani looked at each other, knowing something was coming.
Last edited by Guard Daos on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”