Did You Ever Have to Restart Through No Fault of Your Own?

Discuss Neverland's CIMA: The Enemy here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Did You Ever Have to Restart Through No Fault of Your Own?

Postby teefa85 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Was there ever a time when the AI managed to make a mistake so bad that you had no choice but to restart the floor over again?

There was this one time that Halley managed to knock the enemy onto the broken bridge and caused it to collapse. I'd just rescued Doug and was coming back over the bridge so I could bring the children back over when I heard it fall...then I spent like twenty seconds trying to figure out what the heck I did wrong.

Another time, on a night when I myself was not doing anything right, Yurald got caught on the corner just after I saved him and there was nothing I could do to dislodge him.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Yep, CIMA had some bugs... What game doesn't?

Also, did you know that in good game's bugs it isn't caused by bad programming?

Well yeah, there are still those bugs. Did you know that the game system/computer sometimes miss-calculates algorithms? Thus the game system sometimes makes mistakes as well, mostly potent in older systems though.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:02 pm

I know. But I like to look back at stupid stuff like that and laugh. At the time, yeah it annoys me, but looking back on it now I find it funny that for once I wasn't the one that screwed something up.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:47 pm

I used the reset function in one of the Garden dungeons.
There was this "island" with a platform moving next to it, which you have to activate with switches. Um... but then Ivy got stucked on the "island" and I couldn't get her on the moving platform in time. After trying to get Ivy on the platform for the 2376437856824784th time and saving her from the CIMA from the CIMA Nest I just decided to use the reset function.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:22 am

Yeah...that part gets me a lot of times too. That and the part where you have to let the monster stand on a switch to activate a bridge; Ivy goes so slow she falls into holes a lot, and then I knock Ark in trying to go back and retrieve her.

I'm very clumsy sometimes with these games, which leads to hilarious moments.

Return to “CIMA: The Enemy”