Xbox 360 "Red Ring of Death"

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Xbox 360 "Red Ring of Death"

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:21 am

Did it happen to you, one day you're playing Fable II on your 360 then "poof" the screen froze. And when you turned it on again, the LED lights of the 360 turned into a "red ring of Death?"

Now people are filing a lawsuit against Microsoft for selling so many defective Xbox 360's. Here's the link to the video here: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/play ... 19/1259454

Also, here's a quote from the video:

First reported by dailygamenews.com:, Consumers in California has filed a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for the Xbox 360's abnormally high failure rate. The suit claims that Microsoft knew about the problem during the initial Xbox 360 launch back in November of 2005. Yet it concealed it in order to better compete with intending launches of Nintendo's Wii and Sony's Playstation 3.

If it succeeds, the suit will require Microsoft to return all of the profits they made on the popular system over the last three years plus offer a state-wide refund.

Also, enjoy the music video: http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/vid ... Death.html
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:27 am

One of the main reasons I chose the PS3 over the Xbox 360 was because of the abnormally high failure rate. I can't imagine how annoying it must be for a console to randomly crash, then have to be sent off for several weeks to be fixed.

Shinji_Hiroku
Soldier

(^^)

Postby Shinji_Hiroku » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:39 am

Which is also the reason I kept my PlayStation 2, contingency fun ^^ Ive had my 360 for about a year and have had no problems (That arent my fault anyway)

Return to “General Gaming”