Advent Shadows: Arek's Romance

Online roleplaying takes place in this board. No out-of-character posts are allowed here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:22 pm

"Saqui Blue! Wait! I did not come here to fight you," he called. "O' Lana, my darling, why must you flee?"

[Wait... What!? Am I the only one who remembers that Lana is a girl? Besides, it seems like people haven't watched enough anime. Oh well, here's an opportunity for everyone's favorite type of character. He tossed Sean a Regain so he's definitely not hostile.]

-----MEANWHILE-----
A young boy is wandering the woods close to where the our heroes entered the prison. The boy is clad in a simple white shirt, blue jean shorts, and knee length leather boots. He has messy silver hair and looks as young as not even hitting is pre-teens yet. He whistles the tune of Estopolis Biography while carrying a small backpack and a fishing rod.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:26 pm

(OOC:

DarkMaster2101 wrote:[Wait... What!? Am I the only one who remembers that Lana is a girl?]

Huh? Who called her a guy? You're confusing me now...
Anyway, forget that, looks like rezic forgot she already made a break for it....)

Ark frowned. "Whatever, I'm going after her," he muttered, and did so as the man looked at Lana, who completely ignored the man, but kept running towards one of the windows, and started bashing at it with her right hand, all the while keeping her sword covered with her left hand. When Ark had reached her, he struck the glass with the hard side of his dagger, and the window shattered. They jumped outside at once, and finally reached the sunlight. After running for a while, they stopped when the building was nearly out of sight. The trees were growing closer together here, but not close enough to block out the light of the rising sun.

They slumped against a tree, catching their breath. Ark finally panted, "Well, that was a disaster. Never again."
Lana grinned. "What are you talking about? I had fun."
Ark shook his head. "As always, your definition of 'fun' is completely different from mine, or that of most people with common sense anyway."
Lana shrugged. "Well, you did say you wanted to go because it seemed interesting, didn't you? This was definitely interesting all right." She laughed. Then her expression turned sour. "If only that guy hadn't decided to show up..."
"He's one of..."
Lana nodded. "I haven't the foggiest idea why he'd be in a place like this." She looked at Ark. "Did you tell one of them?"
"Nope. I told them he was an enemy, so they shouldn't be talking too much."
"I see," Lana said. Then, after a silence, she added, "Thanks."

Ark sighed. "Still, is it that much of a problem, seeing a family relative?"
"Uncle." Lana scowled. "I told you, didn't I? I threw it away. I don't need anyone to convince me to come back, or whatever."
She stood up, and walked in the opposite direction of the building. "My family just gets in the way of freedom. Period. Now let's hit the road and leave this sad place behind."
Ark looked thoughtful. There's that word again... freedom. She seems so obsessed with that word. But still... if I had a real family... Would I throw it away like that?
"Ark! You coming or what? I don't really care, but don't sit there with that face. You're depressing."
Ark looked up. Lana was already a way ahead. He ran after her. She grinned. "Don't tell me you were actually considering going back to see if those guys are okay?"
When he caught up with her, he smirked back. "Yeah right."

A man walked up to the boy: a tall, thin young man with short black hair. He was wearing a dark blue leather tunic, and a thin brown cloak over it, covering his entire body except for the front. Brown eyes looked at the boy. "Nope, no good here either. I think we'll have to look elsewhere... Unless you plan on going into those woods." He jerked his head towards the trees. He yawned, and ran his hand through his hair. "Doesn't sound like a good plan to me, what do you say? What I need is some breakfast and some more rest... It's too early."
Last edited by Guard Daos on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:32 am

The boy looks at the man and says, "You can't see it can you." Then he his hand; pointing towards the petrified tree in the middle of the fork in the road. Then he climbed the vines wrapping around it and, falls in the middle. "In here, this is my fishing spot." The man follows after him.
---DarkMaster2101

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Sean yelled to Shinji, "Hey man, now's not a time to pick a fight...guy doesn't look like he worth gettin' beat by you anyway. I'm outta here."

Sean followed Ark who was now fairly far out from where they were. Sean began to run and looked at the sky. It was scattered with cirrus clouds, but in the distance there seemed to be one that was darker, and closer to the ground than normal.

Shinji_Hiroku
Soldier

(^^)

Postby Shinji_Hiroku » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Pfft, come find me when I have a full stomach. (follows after Sean)

(Ugh sry I had to dissapear my main focus is on findin a job and I haven thad much time to visit the forum >.<)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:31 am

[No problamo Shinji, we all have to get a source of income some way some how. Besides, I am wondering when Chapter 1 will end. I think now would be a best bet. But it's up to Rezic in the end. I'll have to ask him if I can narrate for him. In the meantime, stay around! WE WILL FINISH THIS EPIC ROLEPLAY!!!]

[WE WILL FINISH THIS ROLEPLAY]

The boy and his companion witness a wonder of nature. An underground stream filled with all kinds of luminescent fungi. Lively salmon are swimming against the stream and up the closed waterfall above them. The air smells fresh, despite being underground, like a mountain breeze. There is a small opening towards the west most cave, revealing a small glance of light. The cave leads out towards the opening of a colossal and deadly sluice. First drop there will be anyone's last. The boy smiled to his friend and says, "See! I found this place yesterday. I told you this was a magnificent place. And there's lots of fish too!"
---DarkMaster2101

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 am

Sean slowly walked up to where Ark and Lana were standing. He leaned against a tree. He carefully eyed where the explosion came from, starting to get hit with waves of weariness. Suddenly he heard a quiet noise from somewhere. He looked around in the general vicinity in where he thought he heard it. He grinned. A single black bird was pearched upon the top of the tree.

"Got a secret for me do ya bird? Great..."

Sean was very perceptive to nature...something his father taught him as a young child. He came over and knocked on the tree.

"Yeah...it's hollow. Thanks a lot. Question is should I check this out? I've had enough adventure for a while anways....

Ugh! Training is so dull! Monsters are fun to kill and all, but all I ever see are newts and giant mosquitos... Those aren't monsters, those are pests! I wanna see some goblins, or an ork.

"Well...I guess I got what I was yearning for." Sean chuckled and looked down "Plus I got a new sword."

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 pm

(I think making a new 'chapter' topic isn't a bad idea, so we can look back if necessary. Any objections?

BTW, rezic, "...where Ark and Lana were standing"? As far as I know, they were walking away. :P
You can make Sean catch up to them, of course if he runs after them...)

The man smiled. He moved over to where the boy was standing, and peered downwards. He looked impressed. "You're full of surprises, as usual." He laughed. And so it was. The past two weeks since he'd met the boy had been quite eventful and unusual. He'd already stayed in the village much longer than he'd expected, just because the boy was so... fun.
He sat down on the edge of the hollow tree, and looked down as the boy prepared his fishing tools. "Never would've thought," he muttered. Even while travelling, seeing things like this was spectacular. Even though he knew they'd be parting soon, it was still a moment to enjoy.

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm

(Well, Ark slumped against a tree.... so that's where I was standing @_@)

Seems like Ark and Lana are long gone..I could catch up with them. Me and Shinji could check this out.

*Sean quickly runs to Shinji* "Shinji, follow me, you need to check this out. I think someone went in this hollow tree, I can see some fresh markings that looked like someone was climbing, plus I'm pretty sure I may have heard something regardless of if they are still there. Whaddaya say?"

Shinji_Hiroku
Soldier

(^^)

Postby Shinji_Hiroku » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:29 pm

Your just looking for trouble aren't you, well I'm up for anything.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 pm

He ran his hand through his hair, taking in the beauty of the place. "This looks pretty, doesn't it?" he said in an offhand tone.
The boy jogged down the side of the stream and shouted, "C'mon! This isn't the best part."
"There's even more?" He had trouble hiding his surprise. "How'd you find something like this?"
The boy halted to ponder his thoughts. He then looked into his pocket and took out a small crystal. A cyan light radiates from the boy's hands. "Is it starting already?"
The man looked up suddenly, frowning. "Hm?"
The cave's path twists into a large water-filled cavern. The boy motioned his friend to stop and sit down. "Shh... We don't want to interupt them."
He understood, sat down, and waited.

The crystals on the sides of the lakes glowed the same as the gemstone held by the boy. Then, the same colored glowing dots appeared in the water.
The dots then began to move around in circles, synchronized swimming in different shapes and patterns.
The glows splashed out of the water, taking a shape form of a small person. The dancing lights began to swirl around the sky.
The elegant patterns, though fascinating to watch, left a warm feeling inside the bottom of their audiences' hearts. The beauty of the dance was beyond all words except one, joyful.
Joyful without a care in the world, the fairies danced happily unaware of a new audience.
The man simply watched, without speaking, as the spectacle continued. His eyes followed every movement, every sparkle, until finally, they disappeared.

Neither spoke for a while. Finally, the man said, "Well. Not bad, huh?"
"Did you really like it?" Asked the boy.
He smiled slightly, and looked back where the fairies had been. "How often have you seen them?"
The boy stood up and replaced his stone. The man did the same. As they both got up the boy told him it was early this winter during the blizzard he found the place. During the time he was lost he wandered the woods for a place to stay. Then a white wolf chased him up this tree. He didn't realized it was hollow and fell through.
"And then I saw the fairies crying. I thought I squished one of them. But they were just sad because I broke the door."
His companion chuckled. "What are the odds of that..."
A silence followed, after which the man said, slowly, "Tomorrow... we'll be parting."

The comrades then sat down, baited their hooks, and tossed them into the stream. The boy spoke lightly, "Yeah... You got drafted by the army, didn't you?"
"The army?" He hesitated. "...Yeah." He considered, then said, "Ah well. I'm just a simple traveler now. Ol' Zak's just going to leave and see a little more of the world."
"You know I was joking!" The boy laughed. His bober sank for a split second. "Hey! I got one." The boy was locked in a tug-of-war shortly. He was trying hard to pull up the fish; the opposite was happening, the fish was pulling the boy. "Zak!"
"Whoa!" Zak tried to grip the boy's shoulder, but he was a split second too late. The boy nearly fell into the water. Just before his feet touched the surface, he stopped falling, floating just above the water. Zak had his hand extended towards him. He made a slight movement with his fingers, and the boy hovered back next to him. Zak laughed. "Close one there." He turned, and saw his friend's rod had fallen into the water. His face fell. "Oh."
The boy wrings out his shirt. "Good thing the fairies keep it warm down here otherwise I'd catch a cold." He sneezed.
He turned around, and sighed. "Kera... that's the only cloak I have, you know." He stood up. "That's it, let's go back."

As they moved back, Kera first, he held his hand behind his back. When he removed his hand, the cloak was clean again. They were about to climb back up when they heard voices near.
Zak looked up. "Huh, looks like we have some guests."
He gave Kera a little nudge aside, and climbed the vines back up first.
He saw Rezic and Shinji near the tree. He made a show of stretching and yawning, as if he had spent the night lying in the tree. He looked down at the two. "Morning."

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:59 pm

(I sincerely apologize for my unannounced absence. For the past month I have been at a creative standstill and trying to find inspiration. On top of that, I also have other obligations to attend to. Also, I'm speaking rather formally aren't I? I suppose it's a writing style that I've began to fancy over the past month. All the same, I've returned and with a couple sparks of inspiration.)

Sean looked at the man with a mixture of shock and discontent on his face. Then it dawned on him that these two were the ones who had left the slight marks on the tree. He was about to say something when Shinji beat him to it.

The look on Shinji's face was rather comical as he was mildly disgusted. "What were you two doing in there?

Sean punched him in the arm and grinned. "Good Morning. Looks like you two already found the secret that I heard about. Of whom do I owe the pleasure?" He was being falsely welcoming due to the unease he felt from the explosion. But the two comrades had a genial air about them. Yet there was something about them Sean couldn't shake. He pushed it to the back of his mind knowing that he now discovered what was in that tree. So he looked back in the direction of the explosion.

There was a look of curiosity on the boys face, as if her were saying "how did you know about some kind of 'secret'?" Sean looked and caught on and grinned. He spoke patronizingly towards the boy and said, "a little birdy told me."

(Also, I like the idea of a new chapter I think after these next couple of posts, once everyone gets acquainted with Zak and Kera we'll start a new chapter.)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:46 pm

He smiled at them, while thinking, Oh man... what a bother.
He jumped out of the 3 metre tall tree and landed nimbly in front of them. "Pleasure's all..." He then saw Sean's face close up. For a split second, a knowing smile flashed on his face, then it disappeared. "...mine. Name's Zak." He looked up. "Hey Kera, come down here and say hello to..."
He turned back to the two men. "Sorry, I didn't catch your names."
There was a slight noise in the distance. Without looking away from the men, Zak stuck out his left hand which, they noticed, was gloved, unlike his right hand. To his left, two charging giant mosquitos burst into flames and dropped to the floor.
"What's with the monsters in these parts..." he shook his head. "So, to what do I owe this pleasure, gentlemen?"
Last edited by Guard Daos on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Kera bursts a shout of glee and jumps down from the side vines.

"YAAHHOOOO!!!!"

zak wrote:"What's with the monsters in these parts..." he shook his head. "So, to what do I owe this pleasure, gentlemen?"

He lands full impact on the red-headed swordsman. Standing up, he proudly introduces himself. "That's right, I'm Kera! Nice to..." The boy looks around noticing something missing... "Hey! Where did the red-head go?"

An agitated voice mumbles, moans, and groans underneath Kera's bottom. He nervously scratched the back of his head and says, "whoops..."
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Zak scratched his back head. "Well..." He looked at the two. "Looks like you're already getting along. Excellent. Now that we're all friends... What can I do for you?"

Return to “The Roleplay”