Lufia 2: Ending so sad....

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:24 am

I was such a Lemmy-esq crybaby as a kid (but only in relation to RPGs). So even though I played Lufia 1 first I still cried time after time when I played Lufia 2. I blame the added stuff in the ending; when Tia starts crying it just makes me start to cry, and I feel extremely bad for Jeros since he's crying out for a mother who can't come home.

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:46 am

Guy didnt even invite her to the end party

...Woo 100 posts
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:10 pm

What a douche! I mean sheesh! I understand if everyone is happy to live on but damn it Guy, invite Tia! She needs to get laid or something.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Glitched
Soldier

Postby Glitched » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:01 am

No I liek Guy, he's badass. And I hate Tia's stupid moronic behaviour. She tries to change maxim, I really disliek those girls. :P

Oh yeah, and I cried :p

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Let's go for Video Games, top 10 nobodies.

Number 10, Tia.
---DarkMaster2101

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:18 am

the funny thing is if you played lufia 2 first you seem to think that Tia was a very important character of the game......
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:30 am

yeah, the ending was sad...

fortunately i played II first, the ending caught me by surprise, i was about 10-11, and man i cried my eyes out... this game is so amazing i wouldn't know where to start.

the story could easiy be made into a movie.
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Fleadh Forever!
Villager

Postby Fleadh Forever! » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:11 am

I cried for at least an hour at the ending of Lufia II. I cried so hard, I actually was feeling pain in my throat after a while.

And I didn't just cry hard...I actually wept. For the first time in my life, I didn't just cry for selfish reasons, like not being able to go to the movies or something like that.

I was actually grieving for the pain of searing loss. For the people whom everyone expects to return. For Tia, who just somehow knows that her lifelong lover has died. For a baby boy, who will grow up never knowing his parents, never knowing how much they loved hiim...enough to give up their lives for him.

And I was so moved by the final acts of love. By the willingness that Maxim and Selan had to give up their lives to save the people they loved.

And over time, I've come to realize so much more about how moving this game is. Just how much love there is. I'm still so moved even to this date.
By the willingness that Iris had to help her enemy the whole way...and to help him like never before, right at the end. By the way she, the superbeing Mistress of Death, could learn to have so much sympathy for mere human beings.

I have never stopped crying at the story of Lufia II. I don't ever intend to stop crying over it. It really is like a timeless novel...with whatever new gaming technology comes along, nothing will replace the morals and the story of Lufia II. They won't become any less important as long as humans live.
Here's my review. THIS is how much I love this game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/re ... 17699.html

"And on this date, at this very moment, I swear it. I will never love any video game more than I love Lufia II."
--Me, 9/10/2007, in my GameFaqs review of Lufia II

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Woah, I get it... The ending was sad. So was Aeris Dying in FFVII! /fib

Yeah as much as I would like to stop saying it is annoying when people can't let things go... /rant

I cried the first time I finished Lufia I & II. It wasn't a hardcore cry either. More of a couple of tears leaking your eyes because things will be okay, regardless of sacrifice. No I wasn't twelve when I finished the game but you get the point.

The past is the past, even in the history of Lufia. People learn to live on and that's probably what the ending of Lufia II is suppose to teach us. That or its the stereotypical montage of thank you's found at the end of every JRPG.

Also, I suppose back then when the platformer and fighting genre's were king, boys believed that only girls play Lufia II because of its romantic story. "Games can't make you cry or its not a guy's game, blah blah blah!" SHUT IT! Dicks like you guys is the reason why the US is turning into a wusified society...

What was I going to say again.
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”