NEW SERVER: Report all bugs here!

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:57 am

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Wait... *sigh* Am I going to have to spend precious gold to re-color my name? Oh well.

The "Special Shop" is totally broken on this server for some reason, and is currently disabled. Not sure how worthwhile it would be to fix it, as the special effects were only ever visible in certain browsers, and things like name changes I would be more than happy to do for you as an admin.

However, it probably wouldn't be much work to add a field to the "Edit Profile" page that would allow you to select a username colour at no cost. Any thoughts on that?

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Also, some of your items don't have icons in the RPG. If you wish to work on it again, I think I can make some image resources for some items if you want.

I won't have time to work on the RPG until after June, but if you would like to work on some images then I would be more than happy to add them for you. :)

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:16 am

Chris wrote:
However, it probably wouldn't be much work to add a field to the "Edit Profile" page that would allow you to select a username colour at no cost. Any thoughts on that?

i like that! :D

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Also, some of your items don't have icons in the RPG. If you wish to work on it again, I think I can make some image resources for some items if you want.

Chris wrote:I won't have time to work on the RPG until after June, but if you would like to work on some images then I would be more than happy to add them for you. :)

hm... i might even be of use in that field, let me know what kind of "icons" you need and i'll see what i can do. but first i'll consult DarkMaster about them. lol
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if anybody noticed this, but the board has not been sending out e-mails (e.g. topic reply notification, PM notification). I've modified the code and hopefully this should be fixed now.

Chris

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Not that it bothered me. LW never sent me any e-mails until today.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:09 am

Chris wrote:Hi all,

Not sure if anybody noticed this, but the board has not been sending out e-mails (e.g. topic reply notification, PM notification). I've modified the code and hopefully this should be fixed now.

Chris

now that you mentioned it, i did notice it... i guess i didn't think it was a big deal. lol

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:03 am

oh yeah, there's something else i noticed...

i know you can edit your title in the shop and i noticed some of the users made there own, i think DarkMaster's was "Mad Scientist", and SinReVi was "Eater of GD Pancakes" (or something).

just wondering why it changed, or if they could change it back...

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:26 am

All I can say is give him some time to work with the RPG again. He moved to a new server and its down cap'n obvious.
---DarkMaster2101

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 pm

well gee, if i don't recall he asked to post anything wrong (or rather "bugs") in it... sure he most likely already knew but i posted anyway.

though upgrading the RPG would be awesome. i could wait till June or whenever he can get to it.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Still, I wouldn't mind helping to debug the code and its algorithms. Give me some time and maybe I can work with it. Probably convert the RPG to Java or something.
---DarkMaster2101

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:41 pm

i wish i knew more about this stuff, i could be of very good use if i did. <_<

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:33 am

For some reason, I am not getting any topic responses. Even when I visit the site, there was no new topic icons.

Maybe something is wrong with that? At least from my side.
---DarkMaster2101

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 pm

For me it's the other way around- when having viewed all topics that were new to me, the forum index still gives yellow icons indicating new messages :)

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun May 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Anthony wrote:For me it's the other way around- when having viewed all topics that were new to me, the forum index still gives yellow icons indicating new messages :)

Tony

This is actually the intended behaviour, resulting from one of several optimisations I made to the board some years ago when the MySQL servers we were using were very poor performing. Rather than have a complicated database query for detecting new posts since last checking that particular forum, it instead checks to see if the "last post" date of that forum is after the end of your previous session. You can of course manually mark all forums read by clicking the link near the bottom of the front page. :)

Now that we're on a faster host, I suppose that the "optimisation" should be undone. Something to add to the to-do list methinks!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Also, my fan fic is now in moon speak. Or in other words in a totally different language. Thank the lord I remembered to copy the exact script.
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”